Discovery Gaming Community
/factioninvite / /fi - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: /factioninvite / /fi (/showthread.php?tid=36592)

Pages: 1 2

/factioninvite / /fi - Not Espi - 03-15-2010

wiki quote:

Quote:/fi <tag> = /factioninvite Send an invite to all characters containing <tag> string in their names (like [RM]).

the problem is that lately (last 3 or 4 days) it doesnt work properly. i need clarification on whether it invites characters ingame with the used string anywhere in the name (such as Espi|Sails) or must the string be at the beginning of the character name? because /fi sails wasn't working at all lately. is something wrong with it or is it on purpose?

it DID work on name|Sails named characters a week ago, i'm sure of that.

edit: anyone else has problems with the command? because i didn't notice it happening in other factions. i could be wrong though.

/no chars found is not such an uncommon response

/factioninvite / /fi - Prysin - 03-15-2010

same issue with 101st

neither /fi 101st/[101st] works
or sails
or MNS

/factioninvite / /fi - dodike - 03-15-2010

/fi Ageira has been working perfectly fine so far

But /fm is bothering me, sometimes it sends the message to completely different people

/factioninvite / /fi - Sprolf - 03-15-2010

Sails is a suffix.
The other factions generally use prefixes.

I believe that this could be the reason.

MNS <strike>and [101st]</strike> are prefixes as well, sprolf, and they have issues too.

also .. it DID work until the time restarts were bugged (thursday/friday methinks)

edit:

sorry i got it wrong with 101st. MNS is still a prefix though. double checked on that

/factioninvite / /fi - Alex. - 03-15-2010

' Wrote:But /fm is bothering me, sometimes it sends the message to completely different people
I'm getting the same problem on multiple servers.

one more thing ...

when inviting knf, i had to use /fi [knf (yes - without the end bracket). simple knf wouldnt work. it was explained to me that knf people know why this needs to be added, but still.

/factioninvite / /fi - Calego - 03-15-2010

I've been finding that with the ZoE, simply "/fi ZoE" wouldn't work but when I add the brackets ("/fi |ZoE|") it does. My guess is that simply three letters no longer works, For the MNS, try MNS- or whatever the separator between MNS and the Shipname is.

In other words, I'm beginning to think the Faction Invite now needs some punctuation as well as the letters.

I could be wrong but all the evidence points to this.

/factioninvite / /fi - Cannon - 03-15-2010

I found several buys and so I have adjusted the faction invite and faction message behaviour.

I expect the following:
- <strike>Weird things that cannot be explained</strike>
- Should work for any tag as long as it is 3 characters or more.
- The tag can be anywhere in the name
- For /fm the sending player should see a copy of the message they sent.

Post if it doesn't work as described.

/factioninvite / /fi - Not Espi - 03-16-2010

seems to work now. dont know about other factions though

edit:

thanks cannon. you do a great job here