Discovery Gaming Community
Legionnaire Oversight - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Legionnaire Oversight (/showthread.php?tid=36878)

Legionnaire Oversight - LancerZero - 03-19-2010

I decided to make an indy Corsair to fool around with, and to show people that I ran into that not all Corsairs are lolwut jerks/ignoramusi. And because I have never ever had a full-out Corsair. I decided that the first thing he'd do is /restart Corsair, trade the CSV for a Legionnaire, and work his way up the hard way.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems.

First: the weapon hardpoints. The Legionnaire has 2x class 5, and 2x class 4. Boroccos can go on the class 5s; but Corsairs don't make any weapons of lower class than that. So there's nothing to mount on the class 4s save for missiles (which are, at that level, rather weak), allied weapons (say, Gaian) for which you have to ask permission, or civvie guns. Neither of those options are very appealing for a proud young Corsair.

The other issue is that, in Vanilla, the Legionnaire is made to operate during the Bretonian portion of the campaign. But, there aren't any Bretonian Corsair bases at all...closest one is in the Omegas, where the figher is sold, and where the NPC opponents are a bit much for your average Legionnaire pilot trying to get a leg-up.

Result for me is that I did another /restart Corsair, and he'll just have to smuggle in his CSV (no cheap Corsair freighters, or civ freighters available at an unlawful base that I know of) until he can afford a Centurion, and work his way up from there.

My suggestion would be to make the Legionnaire's price somewhere between 100k and 400k, and increase the weapon hardpoints to class 5 & 6, or quad class 5, or 6 & 7...something for Corsair fighter pilots to start with that can do missions off Corsair bases. Or at least so it could equip four Corsair-made weapons...given the described intensity of Corsair pride, it seems rather strange for their cheapest fighter to be made in such a way that it can't mount a full arsenal of Corsair guns.

Legionnaire Oversight - Hundra - 03-19-2010

' Wrote:I decided to make an indy Corsair to fool around with, and to show people that I ran into that not all Corsairs are lolwut jerks/ignoramusi. And because I have never ever had a full-out Corsair. I decided that the first thing he'd do is /restart Corsair, trade the CSV for a Legionnaire, and work his way up the hard way.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems.

First: the weapon hardpoints. The Legionnaire has 2x class 5, and 2x class 4. Boroccos can go on the class 5s; but Corsairs don't make any weapons of lower class than that. So there's nothing to mount on the class 4s save for missiles (which are, at that level, rather weak), allied weapons (say, Gaian) for which you have to ask permission, or civvie guns. Neither of those options are very appealing for a proud young Corsair.

The other issue is that, in Vanilla, the Legionnaire is made to operate during the Bretonian portion of the campaign. But, there aren't any Bretonian Corsair bases at all...closest one is in the Omegas, where the figher is sold, and where the NPC opponents are a bit much for your average Legionnaire pilot trying to get a leg-up.

Result for me is that I did another /restart Corsair, and he'll just have to smuggle in his CSV (no cheap Corsair freighters, or civ freighters available at an unlawful base that I know of) until he can afford a Centurion, and work his way up from there.

My suggestion would be to make the Legionnaire's price somewhere between 100k and 400k, and increase the weapon hardpoints to class 5 & 6, or quad class 5, or 6 & 7...something for Corsair fighter pilots to start with that can do missions off Corsair bases. Or at least so it could equip four Corsair-made weapons...given the described intensity of Corsair pride, it seems rather strange for their cheapest fighter to be made in such a way that it can't mount a full arsenal of Corsair guns.
or just get a decurion?

Legionnaire Oversight - mwerte - 03-20-2010

I'm pretty sure you can do missions off of Cadiz that go into Cambridge, just look carefully. And/or Corsair missions at Trafalger. So that addresses that.

Guns, haven't a clue, sorry.

Legionnaire Oversight - LancerZero - 03-20-2010

Ah, didn't know about Trafalgar. Thanks!

About the Decurion: point is, it's a LF Mk2. I just wanted a Mk1 ship to start out with. If I were going to shell out the dough for a Dec, I might as well just get a Gladiator, which is what I want for him anyway. (planning on getting a Correo, too, to try out some cargo pirating)

Legionnaire Oversight - Elven - 03-20-2010

Err. Why not to make lower level Salamancas? It doesn't need so much effort.

Legionnaire Oversight - Curios - 03-20-2010

[color=#33FF33]Join us today! With your +1

Legionnaire Oversight - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 03-20-2010

It's propably 21st time this topic is being made.

Heck, no-one cares to fix anything. Pitty