Discovery Gaming Community
Credits-per-hour limitations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Credits-per-hour limitations (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Credits-per-hour limitations - Boss - 03-25-2010

It seems to me, after calculating, testing, and various other things, that the current economy has capped most people at about 40.000.000 credits an hour.

Why?

Credits-per-hour limitations - Politus - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:It seems to me, after calculating, testing, and various other things, that the current economy has capped most people at about 40.000.000 credits an hour.

Why?
Because they want to turn the game into a job for those who need a decent cashflow.

Credits-per-hour limitations - sovereign - 03-25-2010

40 per hour is still pretty good. How much did diamond-niobium make again? 60? And that was considered "way too fast" by virtually everyone, often even people who ran it?

My point exactly. I, unlike some people (i.e. everyone with three cap8 BSs), don't have ten hours a day to play.

This shouldn't be EVE Lite.

EDIT: Sov, back then, you didn't get the whole "10m r dai".

' Wrote:40 per hour is still pretty good. How much did diamond-niobium make again? 60? And that was considered "way too fast" by virtually everyone, often even people who ran it?

Any game that takes hours of droning, methodical, boring work to achieve something (see: Runescape) needs an overhaul.

Credits-per-hour limitations - n00bl3t - 03-25-2010

You see, the "lolwuts" are stopped by this fiscal limiter, allowing real role-players to make credits and therefore allowing RP to flourish. (This post contains 43% of your RDI of sarcasm. Enjoy.)

Credits-per-hour limitations - mwerte - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:40 per hour is still pretty good. How much did diamond-niobium make again? 60? And that was considered "way too fast" by virtually everyone, often even people who ran it?
I never heard a complaint that it was 'too good'. Only that it went through places traders shouldn't be going through.

' Wrote:You see, the "lolwuts" are stopped by this fiscal limiter, allowing real role-players to make credits and therefore allowing RP to flourish. (This post contains 43% of your RDI of sarcasm. Enjoy.)

No, I'm pretty sure that was 143%.

I am, however, delighted to be enlightened to the fact that RPers are only supposed to fly unarmored ships.

' Wrote:You see, the "lolwuts" are stopped by this fiscal limiter, allowing real role-players to make credits and therefore allowing RP to flourish. (This post contains 43% of your RDI of sarcasm. Enjoy.)

At first I serious'd, but then I giggled.

Credits-per-hour limitations - sovereign - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:I never heard a complaint that it was 'too good'. Only that it went through places traders shouldn't be going through.

Really? I remember a lot of talk on how it allowed silent F1ing powertraders to acquire cattle-bruisers far more quickly than was intended... though most of it blurred into the fact that the route went through Chugoku. Eh.

We've illustrated that faster money appears to make people bitch more, and be more cutthroat all around. "Grand Community Mining Experiment" and all that. I'm not convinced that any buff to the system will do any good- buffing mining made 2mordai into 10mordai, after all.