Discovery Gaming Community
Dear Lucy Silsbury - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Dear Lucy Silsbury (/showthread.php?tid=37386)

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Wolfs Ghost - 03-28-2010

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: Austin2.jpg]

[Target ID: Lucy Silsbury]
[Location: Somewhere on Leeds....]
[Comm ID: Goodman, Austin]
[Subject: Good day]
[Encryption Level: I]

Don't really have anything interesting to say other than. Congratulations, Commander. Siding with a Liberty pirate? Find it amusing how no one suspected any corruption in the Bretonian Police Authority. Oh well, not my place to say. Not at least anymore.

Heard you're still chasing ghosts and echoes. Oddly enough. Soo, I just thought I'd drop a communication your way, to annoy you. Lass.

[Transmission Terminated]

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Bretonia Police Authority - 03-28-2010

NSY Commchannel Status: Open
Incomming Transmission...
Encryption: LOW
To: Fugitive Austin Goodmen
Subject: No... Thank You

Mr Goodmen

I find this quite funny actually, this Liberty Pirate was just more ammunition for my complaint about your conduct. I really don’t care what actually happened, I just care that it made my case seem even stronger.

Do you really believe that I would go out of my way to support a criminal if it didn’t assist me in any way?

Now it’s time for my congratulations to you.
Thank you Goodmen, thank you for running away, you have ensured that I will find my job much easier now there is no trigger happy, slap dash, pathetic and ignorant waste of space infringing on my jurisdiction and my nerves.

You punished yourself much more effectively than the Admiralty would have which brings great joy to the BPA, indeed your conduct and idiocy have been the subjects of many jokes and slanderous discussions within The Hub.

In short, thank you for removing yourself from our lives so hilariously.
We won’t forget you for it, not while a sense of humour pervades amongst Bretonians.

Regards

Commander Lucy Silsbury
Bretonian Police Authority

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Wolfs Ghost - 03-28-2010

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: Austin2.jpg]

[Target ID: Lucy Silsbury]
[Location: Somewhere on Leeds....]
[Comm ID: Goodman, Austin]
[Subject: Good day]
[Encryption Level: I]

On contrary to popular belief lass. Theres people in Bretonia that still see me a hero, and theres those that don't. I may have personally fled from my duty in protecting those lives. But why hang or get shot for something that I know I didn't do.

Why die for a something that's not just. I rather die for my queen in an attempt at heroism than have her men shamefully waste bullets or rope on my body. I'm sure you've read the reports. Pilots have encountered me and realized I don't prove much of a threat, despite my Military career.

Anyways, before you went all treacherous and manipulative on everything, including myself, I was planning on taking you out to a rather fancy dinner place on Cambridge, one of my favorites. Though, if you weren't a Constable and as drop dead loyal to the Crown as myself, aye call me a hypocrite on that, I would still give you that offer. But seeing as I don't find handcuffs kinky at all, I'd have to pass up on the offer.

And thank you for the compliments. I love knowing that the lads still think of me a hero, especially with an extra spice of comedy.

[Transmission Terminated]

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Incindre - 03-28-2010

There was something on Commander Silsburys face that was only seen once in a blue moon. It was a smile.
Chelsea the secretary stared for a few seconds in disbelief. By normal standards it probably wouldn't have rated as a smile, her lips upturned but five millimetres at the most, but something in her eyes changed.

"Commander?" the secretary queried nervously "Is something the matter?".
"No," came the reply. She looked up, the subtle smile still in place. "I think I've just read something truly hilarious."
The secretary made a weak attempt at a smile that barely covered up her confusion and suspicion, of course this was not noticed by the other rooms occupant.

Chelsea tapped out a memo to the medical office: 'Help! Something is wrong with Commander Silsbury, she is actually smiling and says she has found something funny! What do I do?"

The response came almost instantly: 'Take a photo and frame it.'

NSY CommChannel Status: Open
Incomming Transmission...
Encryption: LOW
To: Fugitive Austin Goodmen
Subject: A Hero?

Goodmen

Again this almost made me laugh which in itself is a great achievement.
You proved to me and to a great many others that you are severely lacking any of the qualities that ordain a hero. However your bullying ways make you a decent leader but not one of great calibre. More of a dictator shall we say?

The incidents with the Ageira transport and the Corsair Gunboat gave everyone a perfect insight into your personality and your way of dealing with things.
I can assure you, that while one or two of the mindless, order following BAF Lieutenants that you had under your command believe you to be a hero, the rest of Bretonia does not.

Ignoring BPA jurisdiction, threatening civilians, being trigger happy and making chauvinistic comments are not things that make a hero.
Running away from your court marshal like a coward didn’t help your case either.

I’m sorry Goodmen, but you are not a hero. Your service to Bretonia has been recognized but any support from the public was nullified as soon as those fateful events were set in motion.

You are still a great entertainment, even in your disgrace!

And about the special meal on Cambridge, what makes you think I would want to be anywhere near a Chauvinist spouting insults and sexist remarks, who deliberately ignores my orders in my jurisdiction?
I’m not much of a people person Goodmen but you really need to work on your etiquette before you make inroads on an evening with any woman.

You’ve made my day a little funnier Mr Goodmen but unfortunately, as a loyal representative of the law in Bretonia space (who hasn’t run away), I have rather a lot of work to do.

Farewell

Commander Lucy Silsbury

Transmission End...
NSY CommChannel Status: Closed

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Sprolf - 03-28-2010

------Incoming Transmission------
[color=#FFFFFF]-- Transmission Source: ***BLOCKED***
-- Dispatcher ID: Colin Breen
-- Recipient ID: LucyLucy / Austin Goodmen
-- Subject: G'day
-- Encryption: Level I
[font=Agency FB]

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy...

Tut tut tut.

There's a few thing ye need tae learn here...
Y'ken that there's opponents and obstacles, and enemies in life, aye? Then there's friends an' such, but we're nae talkin' about them t'day. But... those three. Y'know, like opponent as in someone ye fight who's about equal tae ye.... and obstacles as in somethin' ye got tae get pat, like a rock or somethin' equally stupid an' . Enemies are either o' them, somethin' ye have tae fight.

Well...
Oddly enough, ye both were my enemies fer a good long time. Eh, perhaps tisnae odd.
Anyway.

E'en in fightin', ye can get som respect fer yer opponent.
Dosnae mean ye need tae like 'em, but there's a certain respect warriors can get fer each o'er on the field o' battle. Respectin' the other man's honour, drive, initiative, bravery - things ye appreciate anywhere, regardless o' cause. Ol' fashioned honour. Now I... I never liked the BAF fer good reason... an' never like Goodmen o'er there, mostly 'cause he was always blastin' me canopy off... but he was a true fellow, strong an' courageous... valiant, ye Bretonians would say. A right true opponent, e'en almost a nemesis.

So, when he got doublecrossed by ye an' yer snakes' brood Bretonians (which goes tae show ye why I'm sittin' in the Arranmore administration office of late instead o' somewhere on that hole ye call Leeds), I felt a bit o' pity fer him, bein' a good fellow an' all that. 'Cause I respected him, as a person, not who he fights fer.

An honourable opponent, crossed by his own.
Didnae make the man inside me too pleased there.

Ye, Lucy lass?
Ye're an obstacle.
Like that arour plate I tripped o'er in the hangar... an' just as thick.

I don't respect ye, ye've never done anything respectable. Anything even worth thinkin' well about...
Ye're just a whingin' oul shrew sittin' aroond makin' honest men an' women miserable.

I'd laugh if Goodmen did what ye did tae him tae ye...
But ye do that tae Goodmen, as good a Bretonian as there ever was?

That makes the most righteous o' men just a wee bit cross there.
Now, I ain't very righteous, as ye can tell by that train bombin' ye had on Leeds sometime yesterday.

Ye still vex me wi' yer lack o' honour, shrew.

<div align="right]
... and that's a damn dangerous thing.

[font=Agency FB][color=#FF0000]------End Transmission------

Another message appeared on her holodesk. A little miffed about being interrupted once again from her investigation reports she flicked a finger at the bobbing icon and was assaulted by a deluge of incomprehensible speech.
The secretary looked up: "Molly?"
"Could it be anything else?" The Commander affirmed irritably.

NSY CommChannel Status: Open
Incoming Transmission...
Encryption: Low
Source: Commander Lucy Silsbury
Destination: Dublin wide, CC: Mr. Goodmen
Subject: To the Dullard in Dublin

The only thing I could discern from that torrent of horribly pronounced words was the fact that you Molly are terribly misinformed. Goodmen was not double crossed, he acted in a fashion that was inexcusable and he needed disciplining. The Admiralty agreed and he chose to run away from his trial rather than face it.
Not the actions of a man who deserves any honour.

I can understand your confusion of course. You Mollys have never been the sharpest knives in the draw and your values completely differ from ours.
Where you might hold great stead by a bully or a coward or an impertinent fool, the Bretonian Armed Forces and the Police Authority will not accept this kind of behaviour.

As far as respect goes, I dont see how you can respect anyone who follows, believes in and the law as your morals are completely different!
I regard your comment about being an obstacle to be rather flattering. Not an enemy or an opponent but something which you will have to get past.

Thank you. I will do my utmost to be the very best obstacle the Mollys will ever encounter, you can bet your life and all your cheap liquor on that.

Now I'm sure you are very busy tripping over things and speaking incomprehensibly to people and I'm very busy protecting an empire from internal threats, so Ill let you get back to... whatever it is you Mollys manage to achieve with your limited intelligence and resources.

Regards

Commander Lucy Silsbury, OBE

Transmission End...
NSY CommChannel Status: Closed

Dear Lucy Silsbury - Sprolf - 03-28-2010

------Incoming Transmission------
[color=#FFFFFF]-- Transmission Source: ***BLOCKED***
-- Dispatcher ID: Colin Breen
-- Recipient ID: LucyLucy / Austin Goodmen
-- Subject: G'day
-- Encryption: Level I
[font=Agency FB]
Me... stupid? Heh. I... er... well, I went to Cambridge, as you can probably tell by my alternative mode of speech. Oh, aye, I don't have to speak like a Molly. Of course, I don't prefer speaking like a Bretonian, for obvious reasons. But, Camrbridge. Aye. Nice place, a bit... dull.
I got bored, and then decided to join the Mollies.

True story there.

I'm quite far from stupid, and my academic record is probably somewhat more perfect than yours... and, probably, my compendium of knowledge considerably more sizeable than yours - after all, you just went to police academy. It's probably not much when you compare it to Cambridge University.

Of course, it's only natural that my values are completely different from yours, I've made that quite clear already. If ours could possibly combine, we wouldn't have Bretonian and we wouldn't have the Mollies... now would we?

So, if you're not entirely able to understand my preferred form of speech here, you'll note that I'm humouring you with speaking this dull tongue for now. I shall also endeavour to make things inanely simple for you, my dear.

You - dishonourable shrew with bad ears.
Austin - honourable warrior who shoots things well.
Me - terrorist bastard who isn't stupid.

So why do I respect Goodmen, and not you? I suppose it's mutual respect gained from fighting a worthy opponent. He's strong, brave - dedicated to his cause, and even though I don't agree with it, I certainly can't fault him for his strength in that regard. He's honest, good, and true - things I sincerely doubt will ever be applied to you, m'dear.

What I'm saying is that you have never instilled a bit of respect in me, Lucy...
You're also not quite on the best track to ever doing that either.

I might be a terrorist, and I might not blink an eye and setting another bomb another place to attempt to drill things into your thick heads until a sensitive spot is hit... but that does not mean I don't appreciate honour and all that entails in a man. Decent men, they say, are hard to find nowadays. The world is going to hell, and there are few left.

Am I one?
Probably not.

Goodmen?
Eponymously, yes.

You?
You're a miserable woman of the age, without anything respectable within you.

I'd say I pity you, but that died quite a while ago.
Somewhere back on Leeds, I think.

I'm a terrorist, I'm a Molly. Leader of them. But I also can respect men, good ones. I know honour when I see it, and I'm not so quick to turn my back on it as you are... probably another bureaucratic game you're playing, getting him out of the way. Motives, motives, motives. It's all about them now, eh? Man can not live by honour alone, it would seem.

Well. I can't, anyway. Not when BMM doesn't respect humans as humans.

But.... think on all this, please... I don't require another response of you, nor would I like you to disrespect yourself further by responding to me. I should also probably give Austin his room and drop this hack.

Please note my sarcasm, as I imagine you'd pass it by if I didn't point it out.
Cheerio!

[font=Agency FB][color=#FF0000]------End Transmission------

Oh, I actually understood it that time! Chelsea said brightly. Makes you wonder why they dont speak normally all the time doesnt it?
Silsburys trademark not amused look was now firmly in place, The ways of the Mollys are profoundly idiotic. She scowled.
Oh well, the Commander began, at least we now have concrete proof the organization is being headed by a genetic throwback.
Lucy hit the save and encrypt button on her desk and closed all open windows before DNA locking it for the night.

Chelsea began her end of day procedures as well and moved a few of her numerous pieces of bric-a-brac around.

The Police Commander walked towards the door but stopped and looked back towards the large windows behind her desk. Respect, she thought and made a slight derisive noise I wonder if the Mollys realize Im not in the business of respecting anyone unless they do something important, let alone care if criminals dont respect me.

She left.