Discovery Gaming Community
Proposed IMG mining frigate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Proposed IMG mining frigate (/showthread.php?tid=38124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Proposed IMG mining frigate - Feldspar - 04-08-2010

well I've heard alot about the CR is possesing the IMG's current ships. So i though a good niche that needs filling is IMG ships. After alot of brainstorming i though about somthing like the junker scavenger frigate, but insted of scrap it will be a miner. That way the IMG gets a replacement for a gunboat at the same time as a new mining ship to make the IMG seem more like... well miners.

Before i complete this ship I need some input on how its preformances should be to make it fair, such as; transport shield instead of gunboat shield, reduced power to compesate for the ability to mine ect...

mabye it shouldnt be a gunboat/frigate. it could just be made into transport specalized in mining.

heres what im thinking its stats will be if i change nothing...(origanal design)
5 gunboat turrets + CD, CM
1 transport turret (for mining)
transport shield
mabye 70-75k hull (trying to keep it less than a hydra)
500 cargo (this ship is a miner not a transport)
327 bat/bots
300k energy
140 thruster speed
manuverablility simmilar to hydra
price tag should be around 50-60m (could change quite a bit according to suggestion)
and the size is about as big as the bounty hunter gunship (mabye larger)

okay heres concept design #2; more powerful, but a heavy price tag (based on junker salvage frigate)
6 gunboat turrets + CD, CM
1 transport turret
still transport shield
95k hull
2200 cargo
440 bots/bats
400k energy 40k regharge
140 thrust speed
manuverablilty similar to salvager junker frigate
and a 98.3m price tag

concept #3 ; lets turn it into a fighter (based on spatail/mafic)
3class 10 guns 4 class 5 turrets + CD/bomber equipment, CM, MD
class 6 freighter shield
28k armor
170 cargo
260bats/bots
power 39k 2.2k recharge
200 thrust speed
manuverablilty similar to mafic
size about the same as a spatail
and a ~6m price tag

concept#4 full on transport miner (based on GMG's miner)
7 class 7 turrets + CM
class 7 shield
95k armor
2000 cargo
400 bots/bats
50kpower 5k recharge
140 thrust speed
manuverablilty simmilar to kamome
size: about the size of bounty hunter gunship
ad a 26m price tag

concept #5: the one by popular demand; the super miner
5 class 8 turrets+1 class 7, or 12 class 7 turrets (i only entended for their to be 7 hard points on the design, so i have no idea how, but it will be changed to fit 12 turrets)
class 7 shield
214k armor
3750 cargo
600 bots/bats
90k core (8k recharge)
140 thrust speed
manuveraility similar to hegemon
size... well personally i belive a large mining ship is completely impractical. A small mining ship can easily slip between asteroids, while the cumbersome hegemon bumps and /stucks its way through its intended home( asteroid fields) seems to defeat the purpass of an asteroid miner. However in this application the designill have to change to accomadate more turrets and a smaller cockpit (relative to itsown size)
and a 190m price tag (OUCH!)
any suggestions are welcome... this model can change

this is what it will look like

although it will change some, the "rock crusher" is what make this a distinct mining ship. everthing else can be changed according to suggestion

Proposed IMG mining frigate - Nitram - 04-08-2010

I'd hate to shoot you down, but... It looks like half the ship is missing... Maybe it's just me because I'm used to big and bulky ships.

Nitram

heres the back

Proposed IMG mining frigate - corvious - 04-08-2010

Hmm, one question. Whats wrong with the current mining ship?

Also I'll try to flag down beck for you, so he can give his professional opinion about it.

' Wrote:Hmm, one question. Whats wrong with the current mining ship?

the problem... what mining ship?

it will not replace the hegemon... it cannot hld as much ore
it will not replace any mining ships... just the hydra, (specifically for the IMG, mabye)

Proposed IMG mining frigate - corvious - 04-08-2010

Well chances are that, even if the tag on the hydra is changed to the Colonial Remnant, that they will still allow IMG|, IMS, and ICMG members to sill fly them.

Perhaps that ship design could replace the design of the mafic?

Edit: Or just exist as a new ship

Proposed IMG mining frigate - Szerano - 04-08-2010

Sorry mate, honestly this won't last long. Just becuase of those GB turrets and the power core. It's enough to mount 3-4 of cerbs and still have space for mining turrets plus two of these might be able to kill a GB. The current mining ships as is cannot do that or even dream to. They are too slow and the power core is a joke. I'd suggest tuning those up a bit more. Perhaps 12 Transport turrets and 90k power core which is just a bit over the Hedgemon...

' Wrote:Sorry mate, honestly this won't last long. Just becuase of those GB turrets and the power core. It's enough to mount 3-4 of cerbs and still have space for mining turrets plus two of these might be able to kill a GB. The current mining ships as is cannot do that or even dream to. They are too slow and the power core is a joke. I'd suggest tuning those up a bit more. Perhaps 12 Transport turrets and 90k power core which is just a bit over the Hedgemon...
yeah you have a point... the main reason i didnt want to put much power on it, was so it wouldnt look like i was trying to create an overpowered god-ship.
I wanted to find a way to balence the ability to produce money but still remain a target for pirats to still be fair. notice the cargo bay is small so it will only be mining not transporting, so this thing sorta fills a group mining niche.
mabye the word "repleace" is a bit powerful... its more of another option i'm trying to bring about for miners... trading have countless ships and transports geared twards the money producing method, but theres very few mining options

Proposed IMG mining frigate - Szerano - 04-08-2010

' Wrote:yeah you have a point... the main reason i didnt want to put much power on it, was so it wouldnt look like i was trying to create an overpowered god-ship.
I wanted to find a way to balence the ability to produce money but still remain a target for pirats to still be fair. notice the cargo bay is small so it will only be mining not transporting, so this thing sorta fills a group mining niche.

Yeah subtracting cargo space for this ship you'd still need to drop the power core it's just way to high, if the ship is large then it should have the turret amount and power core amount as I detailed earlier. If this ship is meant to be small it should be even less to around 30k which is just enough to mount a snac but this looks like a transport so yeah 12 turrets and 90k power core MAX.