Discovery Gaming Community
How should Zoners "behave"? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: How should Zoners "behave"? (/showthread.php?tid=3820)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

How should Zoners "behave"? - Malaclypse 666 - 09-12-2007

Okey, Dab.

Explain to my ignorant, sheltered Pineal one more time..

You've got your own "ID". Great.

But how in Thud could a Faction with AW's current alliances, hostilities, adventures and "peccadillos" even dream of being "repped up' as bloody Zoners.

We're over here as TAZ, busting our bloody arses to keep all but two allies, per the Zoner info card, as white as the driven snow; but you as AW can blithely ignore the same RP obligations.

Let's review.. You've hooked up now with Hackers, Outcasts, Dragons, GC.. am i missing any?

You've attacked, hmm.. Corsairs, IMG, Order (?), not sure who else, as your dance card changes faster than a 14 year old girl's at a high school mixer.

Now as I see it, if there were indeed a "Zoner Council" in Sirius; you'd be busted out of the Zoner community so fast your heads would spin.

I'd be really interested in comparing screenies of our indiviual "Rep sheets"; and then reconciling them to what it says Zoners should behave like in this dispensation, this mod, this version, this bloody Sector of Sirius right here and now; and then comparing them to actual game behavior.

Now, if you did provide such documentation, it might very well show you white as snow to most of the "npc" factions required by your Zoner affilliation. But, if it counted your actual "pc" among the totals, would it be close to anything even resembing a true Zoner? I'm more than a bit dubious in that regard.

Maybe you guys should consider, oh, say, Bounty Hunter, or Merc, or generic Pirate, or Goddess forbid, even "Terrorist" ID's/affilliations... because you're acting more every day like bullies and warmongers than you are Zoners.

Now, you'll give me that old bollocks about "not being real Zoners, but it's the closest thing that fits"...

Well, that dog don't hunt anymore, Dab, and Korrd, and Alpha. Your Prince Charming can shove, and jam, and try like blazes to fit your little Cinderella foot into the dainty Zoner slipper, but it ain't happening.

Try combat boots instead.

Expecting to be flamed, sanctioned, or moved to Flood, or locked,

Mal for the bloody TAZ.
(I'll send ya rep screenies of any TAZ member in a heartbeat.)

How should Zoners "behave"? - Unit-sk855 - 09-12-2007

Couple breaks of Zoner RP to substantiate and add points to the inbound discussion

A zoners key component is the neutrality in the war between the outcasts and corsairs. Taking allies on one side or the other ruins that goal.

Being a zoner guard means guarding, guarding is defensive. Guarding, and defending, is not flying across systems to attack bases of factions you should be neutral too.

Also, ALL zoner freeports are open to both sides of the law. All forms of people gather at them, and the zoners want it that way. You denying anyone that is against the zoner way.

This includes mercenaries flying battleships that your members shoot at simply for flying a battleship in zoner space.

There was just someone asking if they can buy an outcast destroyer as a zoner. The community answer was no. What ship does the AW use?

Allying with pirates, going across systems to attack your enemies, flying pirate destroyers, taking a stance in the war, and attacking people for being in "your" systems.

Your factions actions are more to that of pirates. Might want to rethink the career choice. It would make more sense, and keep your goals in line with your claims.

"We are a militaristic mercenary group, and enemies of the Phantoms. We are mostly unlawful and as such, have clashes with house factions regularly. Our expertise is war, and we have much experience in such. We operate as allies of the Zoners and peace-keepers of Omicron Theta."

Who is paying your mercenary group to attack people? Opening fire on ships that are not attacking anyone isnt keeping peace its disturbing it so that should be checked or updated. Also, why clash with house factions regularly? the zoners have how many freeports within the house borders?

I really enjoyed talking to the AW a few nights ago about the ctan stuff, i almost fired out an application. Then i noticed stuff like this and took my story arc elsewhere.

How should Zoners "behave"? - Doom - 09-12-2007

You see Mal people make common mistake thinking that AW are zoners. I thought u knew better.

And someone here said that all Freeports are opened to all people...well AW just compromised that...by attacking IMG Freeport 4 is off limits to them, and they also asked for money (5 mill) and after refusal killed some of BSG (IMG tagged) traders near "their" bases. So u see....AW are one of the most unlawful factions here...when u have outcasts, blood dragon, GC, probably hessians too as allies u cant remain neutral..no matter how much u try.

They will say they are "Zoner protectors"...protector from who?...nobody attacks Zoners

now u can lock this thread....of flame...

How should Zoners "behave"? - BULLDOGNK - 09-12-2007

Doom

As regards freeport 4.

it is dockable by all factions, but why do the BSG sit outside FP4 and attack players against them.

so in fact BSG has made FP4 exclusive to the BSG only.

As you are President now, instruct your guys not to blockade FP4

Cheers

How should Zoners "behave"? - Doom - 09-12-2007

u got me wrong....i didnt say BSG will block it...we wont..we have our own system..magellan isnt ours...u can find some threads in role play where i said that all freeports must stay open at all costs.. and in AW vs SA war we only asked from all involved parties not to fight in 15 k around the base to keep base neutrality...and i was always against blocking of freeports...

i ment that in role play...if zoners attacked IMG they cant dock on hostile base...but u see i am against any IMG vs zoner conflict..thats not in RP

but i dont care if they will or not dock..freeports must be opened for all..it is its soul purpose...

How should Zoners "behave"? - Malaclypse 666 - 09-12-2007

I thought I "knew better" too, Doom.

Still waiting to be "enlightened"...

Tony, wearing your NovaPG nose, I assume, which looks nice on ya: Don't hijack my thread, bud. This is about AW's behaviour, not IMG's..

sk855: You've been studying! Gasp!

Mal

How should Zoners "behave"? - pipsqueak - 09-12-2007

Hello,

I had the unfortunate encounter with the AW last evening. THis is what I have to say. Please undertand, it is an Objective report. Take it as you may.
First of all I am [\JG/]Rakghoul.
The Jupiter Guild call themselves the Zoner Mercs. We do not take sides in any battle unless there are two things that qualifiy us to do so.
1. Some one pays us to fight
2. Some one attacks us or pirates us.
We DO NOT initiate contact otherwise. Yesterday I was hired by a corsair in a Titan to take out one target(the annoncement was made in the system) where the AW fighting him heard him too. I was specifically told to take out one fighter. I engaged and was immediately engaged by your two members. I had no gripe with them as it was a simple kill mission against one player(for which I was being paid 2 million). Any how I tried to retaliate against the AW cap ship and found out that my engine kill was not working. I turned on the cruise so I could type back to him ooc:
My z key is not working please let me dock and undock so I can solve the problem. you may check my batt and nano count when I come out. I will not repair or add any thing else.
To which they replied NO you cruised away so you are dead. I repected his call and stopped fighting.
Whjle I was sitting there, I realized that HF was fighting the corsairs too (in Omega 5 mind you). Now that makes no RP sense to me.
Explain to me, 3 AW (Zoner Guard) and one HF (Lane hacker) ware attacking a titan in Omega 5?
When I tried to ask this question in system chat? I was told to shut up as they were fighting and I was annoying them and they would report me to the admin. That really ticked me off but I tried to keep civil about it. After the fight was over, I asked the HF what he was doing in O5 and he stated we was mapping systems and looking for a JH to Omega 15 and was called over by AW to help them. Now arent AW neutral to HF ? and arent HF not Mercs ? How is this alliance taking place?

Last but not least Smiley was hired to come and help out the Corsair (he is a known Zoner Merc). He announced before he attacked that he was there on Behalf of the Corsairs and was going to side with them and attack the AW. To which suddenly the AW realized they were zoners.
" You cant attack us? we are Zoners like you".
When I get home I will forward you the screenies of this battle if you are interested. Hope you AW can come up with a good compromise so we can all enjoy RP. Also through out the fight, AW are yelling at the Corsair to not to Run into them. Mind you the poor gus is in a fighter against 4 Caps and trying to stay alive in a asteroid field. Please be considerate of the other players situation. He cant even take your shields down.
You know mates. I really want to play RP and a few things bother me. If you are a Zoner Guard ? why are you guys in Omega 5 attacking Corsairs, who hired you? Can't I go and buy Corsair rep in FP9 ? Why are the AW so confused about their identity(havent you guys been here...like forever ?). I think Zoner Guard is an oxymoronic faction. Why do you need Guards for a faction that is neutral to all??. Well I am relatively new compared to you guys so I am curious what the AW's stand is on this matter. Peace.

How should Zoners "behave"? - Exile - 09-12-2007

' Wrote:u got me wrong....i didnt say BSG will block it...we wont..we have our own system..magellan isnt ours...u can find some threads in role play where i said that all freeports must stay open at all costs.. and in AW vs SA war we only asked from all involved parties not to fight in 15 k around the base to keep base neutrality...and i was always against blocking of freeports...

i ment that in role play...if zoners attacked IMG they cant dock on hostile base...but u see i am against any IMG vs zoner conflict..thats not in RP

but i dont care if they will or not dock..freeports must be opened for all..it is its soul purpose...

Verry off topic here sorry but erm..
Yes, the warhammer hovers around FP4 with a wing of other ships.
You meddle around in liberty, california mostly , group up with SA/LSF, attack pirates in those systems, acting like a liberty navy ect ect..

Never seen you do it, but the warhammer doe's it ALOT, so do some random guys stationed at FP4. Since your the president now, i hope youll pay attention to it.

Back on topic!

Cheers.

How should Zoners "behave"? - majkp - 09-12-2007

Pedro Maniaco's personal insight:

Poor Zoners. Asgard Warriors just pretend their primary goal is to defend poor Zoner traders (whom no one except Nomads really attack), but in real they are so eager to fight someone, that they have to create their own enemies and therefore they are the worst nightmare Zoners could think of, because they are the ones who bring wars and blood into Zoner Zones of Interests.

<ooc> I gave up explaining anything to AW, regarding their roleplaying. </ooc>

How should Zoners &quot;behave&quot;? - Malaclypse 666 - 09-12-2007

' Wrote:Back on topic!

Cheers.

Alright, Exile, if you bloody insist. Ahem.

Pipsqueak: To be honest, I didn't know things had degraded so much! We TAZ tend to stay at home a lot, and don't get exposed to some of this "interesting" RP.

It appears my whinge is not as "off the wall" as it might seem. (Grumble grumble.)