Discovery Gaming Community
Disco and other mods - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Disco and other mods (/showthread.php?tid=38213)

Pages: 1 2

Disco and other mods - peter123 - 04-11-2010

Since Discovery 24/7 crashed i decided to try other freelancer mods. I googled it and i read the first most popular mod after Disco is freeworlds. I want check it out but i m not sure its safe. I read it replaces all fl models so i afraid installing it will cause i wont play disco again. That why i m asking. I await someone who knows stuff will explain me that thing.

Disco and other mods - tansytansey - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:Since Discovery 24/7 crashed i decided to try other freelancer mods. I googled it and i read the first most popular mod after Disco is freeworlds. I want check it out but i m not sure its safe. I read it replaces all fl models so i afraid installing it will cause i wont play disco again. That why i m asking. I await someone who knows stuff will explain me that thing.
Do you use Freelancer Mod Manager? If yes, uninstall the Discovery Mod and activate the Freeworlds Mod, and vise versa.

If no, download Freelancer Mod Manager and return to step one.

Someone should make a flow chart.

Quote:Do you use Freelancer Mod Manager? If yes, uninstall the Discovery Mod and activate the Freeworlds Mod, and vise versa.

Thanks for help i use FLMM but i wasn't sure FLMM support Freeworlds.

Disco and other mods - tansytansey - 04-11-2010

as long as it's a FLMM file it will work. FLMM creates backups of all the freelancer files the mod over-rights, then restores them when you deactivate the mod. It also deletes all the folders it creates.

And another question to be completely sure. Wont it delete my multiplayer gaming data?

Disco and other mods - Exterminator - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:And another question to be completely sure. Wont it delete my multiplayer gaming data?

No,if you are using Freelancer Accoun Manager it will be 100% safe.
Your multiplayer data is saved on server.You have your own account code,so your data can be accessed only with that code. Which means changing mode does not affect multiplayer data.And you will not be able to play on discovery servers while having other mods installed,so just install disco mod again(with no other mods of course),connect to disco server and all your ships will there.

Disco and other mods - Kuze - 04-11-2010

You rly dont need FLMM for Freeworlds :-D. I have Freewords running on my PC. I just made a new folder with vanilla FL files then I kopied the Freewords files into into. Overwrited and launched the mod. Simple as hell :-D :-D

Disco and other mods - LegendOfTheWolf - 04-11-2010

Quote:You rly dont need FLMM for Freeworlds :-D. I have Freewords running on my PC. I just made a new folder with vanilla FL files then I kopied the Freewords files into into. Overwrited and launched the mod. Simple as hell :-D :-D

Yes, Seems simple.

Anyway, i have used many mods as well as Discovery, i encounterd some trouble, but using common sence, as well as reinstalling FL & Discovery ( only if common sence doesnt work) It works. I used Flak 88 mod, and it activated and deactivated like a angle without causing any trouble for Disco.

Sorry this post maybe treated as spaming but i have quick question about freeworlds:

I installed mod ,lunched freelancer and i chose multiplayer. Bad luck, no servers found. I Sp mode but then cutscene from start of Vanilla campaning appeared. maybe the reason of it i have placed disco server ip in FL shortcut?

Disco and other mods - LegendOfTheWolf - 04-11-2010

Quote:I installed mod ,lunched freelancer and i chose multiplayer. Bad luck, no servers found. I Sp mode but then cutscene from start of Vanilla campaning appeared. maybe the reason of it i have placed disco server ip in FL shortcut?

I cant really help youu here, i havent used Freeworlds, but by the sounds of it, it seems you have got to get the IP of a FW Server if you want to MP. But like i said i have no idea.