Discovery Gaming Community
Of course this happens.... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Of course this happens.... (/showthread.php?tid=3853)

Pages: 1 2

Of course this happens.... - TankTarget - 09-14-2007

Yeah that's right, I can run the new mod version just fine on my piece of crap ancient comp. But on the new one with Windows (I HATE IT) Vista. Well FLMM says it installs things right. And the version number changes when I start FL. But nothing else changes. So basically my comp is vanilla with a different number. Anyone wanna help?

[Sarcasm]Well thanks to all your help...I fixed the problem on my own[/sarcasm]

Nevermind bloody thing changed it's mind...I still cannot get it to work. It changed after I restarted my comp. Don't know how.

Of course this happens.... - DBoy1612 - 09-14-2007

Nice tripple post.:P

Anyway, if you're using FLMM 1.4 Beta 4. Its most likely having problems changing the vanilla files.

So, all I can say is uninstall and reinstall FL, FLMM, and the mod.

Of course this happens.... - Dab - 09-14-2007

Or go use an old version of FLMM.

Of course this happens.... - Death Shadow - 09-14-2007

what i would do is, copy over your FL folder from ur ancient pc and put it on ur vista one

Dboy, I tried it on both and have done that a few times and dab....yeah.

Mista I have no file transfer devices big enough to accomodate that.

Now I have two problems. On one Vista user account, FAM works just fine, on the other it doesn't. Now guess what on the user account that FAM does not work on... the new mod version installed fine. Thusly I have my conundrum. I cannot do anything I really need help here guys.

Of course this happens.... - McNeo - 09-14-2007

Hmm, what about linking your computers directly like I did when I was at home? When you want to transfer somthing massive, simply get your pile of rubbish PC next to your new one, stick a internet cable in between them and then transfer (after you've added the other computer methinks, but that may be automatic).

I had a network bridge set up when I was at home for your information.

The above was oversimplified. You need to set permissions for the folder your copying from to be shared, and then copy from your old PC to your new one. You may also need to unlock a folder in your new PC's drive to accomodate the files.

If that doesn't work (time consuming though it is) then I have no idea...

Of course this happens.... - Quigs - 09-14-2007

' Wrote:Mista I have no file transfer devices big enough to accomodate that.
If the folder is too big for a single CD-R you could .zip it then download a file splitter to spread it over multiple discs.

Creampuff

Of course this happens.... - Igiss - 09-14-2007

You don't need to copy the whole installation. Set up two FL installs on an XP computer, install Discovery on one, and run CSDiff folder comparison. Then copy all new Disco files and files that were moddified by Discovery. Should be around 120 Mb unpacked, at least that's the size of my development folder.