Discovery Gaming Community
To:Inspektor Putzkanner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To:Inspektor Putzkanner (/showthread.php?tid=38535)

To:Inspektor Putzkanner - Edmund.BlackAdder - 04-18-2010

Dear Inspektor Putzkanner,
Please forgive me that I waste your time with my request. But I am a loyal citizen of Rhineland and I think, one of your officers treated me in a way, he should not have done. I am asking for justice.
I am the captain of the L:Dettmer and I work as an independent employee for Bonn station (Interspace Commerce). My crew and me are loyal citizens of our Rhineland, pay all our income taxes and any other tax here at home and if the Kanzler needs us, we are ready to fight for our country.
2 days ago I acquired a cargohold of cobalt ore from some miners. They work for Kruger. When I was flying to Ingolstadt station, my destination, I was held for a cargo scan by Oberst Meyer after the Stuttgart New Berlin jumpgate. He asked for the destination and I said that it was Ingolstadt station. He said bad and then he forced me to drop my cargo and destroyed it. The reason he have for his doing was the embargo law. But we werent breaking the embargo law, yes we werent breaking any of our laws. The embargo law is about the trade with Liberty, about goods coming from and going to that country. That wasnt our direction, yes we didnt want to leave our beautiful Rhineland at all ( our route was Omega-7 to Munich). There is no article in our laws, that forbids to trade within our homeland. Yes, I hope , there have been no shortfall in production in Ingolstadt because that we couldnt bring the ore to them. Our beloved Rhineland is in a serious situation and our factory units need their basic input of ore.

[attachmentid=259]

This letter is not written to blame Oberst Meyer. I think, we can be proud on such brave man like Oberst Meyer , but in this case he took his duty way too serious and he misinterpreted the law.
But Im not a wealthy man like the top managers of Kruger or IC, I am just a little captain and I work hard for the money to provide my Frau, our Kinder and our parents, my crew members have families too. From there that loss is very bad for me. I need a compensation for the mistake, Oberst Meyer made. I know its not fair to ask for the sum we had realized, when we had arrived at Ingolstadt (about 48 million SC), but the RFP shall pay me back my investment for the cargo. I paid the miners 6000 SC per unit cobalt ore, that makes 4480 x 6000 SC = 26.880.000 SC. I ask the office of our RFP to handle my case and I am sure you will find a fair solution.

Thank you, Inspektor Putzkanner, that you take the time to decide my case, I am looking forward to your decision.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen and
Hoch lebe our beautiful Rhineland and its famous Kanzler
Hans Kleinkrauter
(captain of the L:Dettmer)

To:Inspektor Putzkanner - Tomtomrawr - 04-18-2010

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]
[Image: OttoPutzkanner1.jpg]

PRIORITY: [color=#33CC00]High
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur der Polizei Otto Putzkanner
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Possible compensation

[color=#000000]
Guten Tag Kapitan Kleinkrauter.

It is an honour to talk to one of the men who is winning the war on the economy, by keeping the great Rheinland machine moving ahead in its endeavours. I have always said, since this war began, that the war must be won in two places: on the front and in the factories. Keeping the supply of material goods flowing through Rheinland is an important step to help resist these foreign invaders.

But now, about the current situation. I believe I may know the cause of the mistake on behalf of both Oberst Meyer and yourself. You say that there are no laws preventing Interspace from moving goods inbetween stations in Rheinland, but do you refer to the officially Laws of Sirius information sheet? If you do, I see the problem. Our pilots follow the Rheinland Independent Rules and Procedures sheet, issued by then Major Malexa Malte, now Fleet Admiral. In this, there is a passage that is not present in the Laws of Sirius sheet.

' Wrote:Embargo and Trade: No traders are to pass the Libertonian borders when coming from Rheinland, with the exception of:
  • Ageira or DSE hauling Gate or Trade Lane Parts.
  • Synth Foods, Inc. hauling synth paste or other food.
  • Interspace Commerce hauling various supplies.**
  • Orbital Spa and Cruise hauling legal Human Cargo (no slaves).
  • Human Transportation by non Libertonian Corporations(no slaves)

Ageira, DSE, Synth, Foods, IC and Orbital Spa and Cruise are allowed to haul the same goods within Rheinland.
    If carrying other goods, they will be ordered to drop them and to change course to Liberty space.

[color=#000000]
This passage is more up-to-date than the Laws of Sirius, but I still see where the confusion occured. I have contacted Fleet Admiral Malte on the matter, asking if she can verify which is the correct course of action and have the Laws of Sirius sheet or the Rheinland Independent Rules and Procedures sheet edited to suit this.

And of course you are eligable for compensation on the matter, just as soon as verification of the fact that you had cargo and it was destroyed is given. But I have one question: if you do not wish to leave the Vaterland, then why join Interspace Commerce, which began in Liberty and now covers a large part of Sirius. I am sure that if you join Daumann or Kruger, you can receive a discount from the miners and transport your goods in safety. If need be, I can arrange an interview between yourself and a Daumann or Kruger representative. They're always looking for loyal transport Kapitans.

Auf Wiedersehen.
[Image: RFPFooter1.png]

To:Inspektor Putzkanner - Edmund.BlackAdder - 04-19-2010

Dear Inspektor Putzkanner,
I am very pleased, that you have taken some of your valuable time to concern yourself with my petition.

I am not an intelligent man as you or Fleet Admiral Malte and of course I am not a lawyer. I am just a simple transport ship captain. But I, and any body I asked (noone of them a lawyer), thought that an embargo affects only the transportation of goods across a border (in our case our border with Liberty). One of my nephews, who is studying something with economics, explained me, that an embargo is declared to control or to prevent the trade from one country into another. The embargo is a neasure against a foreign state, not against companies. It is not a government action to exclude an individual or an organization from trading within a country. And thats what we have done. We carried goods inside our beloved Rhineland.
But, maybe, I am wrong and our embargo is a very special formof an embargo and not in the common sense. I have confidence in the wisdom of you and Admiral Malte.

I am very honoured that you ask, why I am working for Bonn station. Of course you know that Bonn station is a part of New Berlin since 521 A.S. and my family works for them since 5 generations. So when I grew up in my family there was no doubt that I would step into the footprints of my father and his ancestors. They have always been loyal to our Vaterland and many of them has fought for our Rheinland military. Yes, our family is proud of Karl Kleinkrauter, who fought in the 80-years-war and he was an employee of Bonn station, before he defended our Vaterland.
I think any worker (even the white-collar ones) of Bonn is loyal to Rhineland and our Kanzler, none of them is a liberty spy (I hope so).And I believe the IC-employees of Waterloo are real bretonians like the people of Roppongi are kusarians.

Now I stop wasting your time, Inspektor Putzkanner . Just let me say, that I am very honoured of your interest and that your letter will get a privileged place at the wall of our living-room.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen and
Hoch lebe our beautiful Rhineland and its famous Kanzler
Hans Kleinkrauter
(captain of the L:Dettmer)