Discovery Gaming Community
~4.86 Development - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: ~4.86 Development (/showthread.php?tid=38741)

~4.86 Development - Curios - 04-22-2010

Alright, actually i have few questions to answer.

I've wanted to create a topic like this for a long time, where would be published a list of exactly what is needed to develop a new version of the mod (4.86). Now, modders are just trying to make a models that may not needed. We need a list where we can find a place to pay attention. Thanks.

1. Ships?
2. Bases?
3. Systems?
4. Space Objects?
5. Gates\Lanes?
6. Planets (Retexturing, etc)?
7. Weapon platforms?
8. Infocards?
9. LOL?

Maybe it will be great for Administration to post modeling competitions by themselves with symbolic prize of, lets say 50kk in-game coins for winner. Or Without even a prize, just point community on what is _neccesary_.

Kthxbai. :)

~4.86 Development - tansytansey - 04-22-2010

They have a whole team of developers working on all the stuff that is 'neccessary' for the next mod version. Anything the average jo(e)s like us work on is optional, mostly.

~4.86 Development - Curios - 04-22-2010

Hope it's so.

~4.86 Development - Cris - 04-22-2010

or make the prizes be RP items

~4.86 Development - Donutman - 04-23-2010

Here we go again.......

~4.86 Development - tazuras - 04-23-2010

Alright, Using the Kiss Russian nesting dolls method, I am going to give you an approximation of how the dev team is structured. The larger the kiss member, the more they know.

[Image: kiss.jpg]
From left to right: Igiss, Plot development devs and perhaps a few high ranking other devs, regular devs, low ranking devs and perhaps a privileged few community members (or perhaps just those clever enough to figure out what will happen next based off of a smattering of hints), and last and least, the rest of the community.

The main reason for this is so the community and some of those least qualified to comment or perhaps least skilled at commenting and holding a reasonable discussion dont get to comment upon, pick apart, fight over and try and kill each other over every little detail. This kind of thing would kill the mod and the community.

And in case you were wondering, yes, Igiss really is Gene Simmons.

Uh oh.. I dont think i was supposed to say that... Dont tell anyone.

~4.86 Development - sovereign - 04-23-2010

We actually do have a system whereby we know what cats various people are attempting to herd through rivers filled with crocodiles. The main things needed are known by the appropriate parts of the dev team, if you want to know what you as a player can contribute, here ya go:

1) Bug reports. We're not omniscient, we do miss stuff.
2) Stations. We have enough bloody ships already.
3) Important conceptual information you think we're overlooking. Stuff like "well wait a minute, this base selling commodity x is silly because of reason y, here's a suggestion on where to move it that won't totally break the trade system, and what might replace it". Not "here's a completely random thought I wrote down at 6 AM for re-balancing everything".
4) Enjoy the game. We work faster when we're appreciated.

And before anyone asks, it'll be out
[Image: Soon-1.png]

~4.86 Development - tazuras - 04-23-2010

Awww, I was going to do a useful post as well but sov beat me to it. Also my post is far funnier.

Also, please make more station bits, pretty pretty please? All you have to do is model, I know someone who can skin, mmk? MMmmk.

~4.86 Development - Markam - 04-23-2010

Do this, well, not this, but you know.