Discovery Gaming Community
Radio Free Liberty - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Radio Free Liberty (/showthread.php?tid=38752)

Pages: 1 2 3

Radio Free Liberty - Mr.Sanguinetti - 04-22-2010

>>>System security alert!<<<

>>>The Sirius Neuro-Interactive Defense Environment (SNIDE
) encountered a critical error and had to shut down. Accessing this N-link may result in software, hardware and/or nervous-system damage. It's strongly unadvised for you to proceed. Warranty expires upon entry. Do you wish to continue?<<<

>>>Enter<<< - >>>LEAVE<<<

Mr Sanguinetti appears in an endless nothingness. Three screens flicker into life around him providing the only visible lights. He observes the data on the screens, modifying values by mere touches. His face looks so real to the undisciplined eye that one might not even realize it as a masterpiece of digital design and animation. Only a skilled neuro-graphican could distinguish it from a professional visual-recording in the current resolution. But who knows the hacker instantly notices some oddities about his appearance, like the well combed hair and the wrinkle-less suit. He also looks well slept, and maybe a few years younger than usual.

The man grabs a screen and leaves the other two to fade away. He holds it like a small animal, and it instantly transforms to a cute cartoon puppy. It runs around, yaps and whips tail to indicate the system's ready to operate. Sanguinetti crouches to the dog presenting a cigar from his pocket. It's smell could deceive a gaul tobacco-farmer, furthermore it happens to be the icon of the file the hacker was working on the last few days. He lets the dog to smell it.

'Look for it boy, run!'

The dog starts sniffing around while Sanguinetti counts. 'One, two, three sniffs in rapid succession. Less than the third of a second.' The man whistles. 'Ahh, that comp could run anything.' Meanwhile the puppy runs around in the endless space with untraceable speed bringing various objects to the empty scene - including walls, furniture and people. In three seconds the hacker stands in a classic Sol-style retro underground pub with the doggy whipping tail at his feet looking up to him. The man and the dog are the only moving objects. The other characters are a lot less detailed - from close they resemble holo-cartoons of the last century. There's a dancing mob in one end of the room lit by faint blue-neon light - completely static. Couples drinking at remote tables, even the smoke raising from their cigarettes is still.

Sanguinetti walks around for an hour, exploring every minor detail of the scene. When he finds something he isn't satisfied with, he adjust the values to be more realistic. The surface of the table and it's temperature. The texture and touch of carpets and curtains. The skin, hair and dress colors of patrons. The smell of the cigarettes they smoke - it's even irritates the eye. He rips a bottle of vine with too sweet aroma to floating data-indicators and he changes it's properties while tasting it. The doggy observers his every move carefully.

'Yeah, that's better. I shouldn't drink more, I know too well how that system simulates
drunkenness.'

The hacker sits on a sofa around the center of the place - oddly the best seats in there are the ones unoccupied - and leans back enjoying the mood for a while. He raises his cigar to his lips, and looks at the dog while lighting it. At the moment the flame touches it, the scene starts moving. Smoke floats, fans start to work, the mob dances, the patrons get involved in silent chatter cut by an occasional laugh. A libertonian neopunk band appears on the stage - a direct cutout from the ongoing holo-broadcast. Sanguinetti inhales deep from the cigar while he scratches the back of the dog.

'Good boy. All right, we're done here. Link us to all channels pup, let's open this place for the public.'

The scene lags for a second after the dog yaps, than it indicates the processed command with a whip of tail.<div align="right][Image: Cartoon-Dog_small.png]
[Image: radiofreeliberty_exp3.gif]
Welcome to Radio Free Liberty!

Here's Mr Sanguinetti of the Lane Hackers, I'll be your host while here. I'm glad you found this frequency and decided to tune in. We'll listen to good music both from various sirian bands and from my collection from the legendary Sol-system. Also it will be a channel of informal discussion. This will take place here in our virtual pub of the same name. We have a wide array of alcs and other aphrodisiacs, and as our name suggests, everything is free. The place is designed to serve as a resting place and safe haven for the neural-addicts or who got bored with the real Sirius. And of course for those who wants to meet some people safely who they normally wouldn't be able to. Like me.

Keep in mind however that everything said here will be on-vacuum, freely accessible and traceable by anyone. So keep official business outside. We wont track your signal back nor we would mind if you connect here anonimously. But if you try to masquerade yourself to someone who you aren't you might receive a bio-feedback so strong that you'll think you're a sausage for the rest of your life. The same applies to those who try to harm our guests any way while here, or tries to use the Radio as a gateway to the inner Lane Hacker systems. That is all, apart from those cases you can feel safe here.

So connect in and have a chat or just enjoy the neuro-simulation designed by our biotechnicans and my humble self. While we're waiting for our first guests here comes a song to all the traders who wake up early to work while all the nasty pirates are sleeping.

Radio Free Liberty - Garrick - 04-23-2010

"Capt. look at this transmission. Appears to be an open frequency I'm not sure what it is."
Capt. Garrick walks over and looks at the screen and the message playing, music in the background.. "Look at that little dog, now that's a nice piece of work."
Garrick nudges the comm's officer. "Set me up a secure channel to this individual, I have something I would like to ask him."

Radio Free Liberty - SMI-Great.Fox - 04-23-2010

*Bret and the crew listen to the song...dumbfounded by what was just played*
Miki: What did he mean by up with the...
Ilo: Don't you dare finish that sentence...

Radio Free Liberty - Jeremy Hunter - 04-28-2010

Paladin sat aboard the Oracion, and didnt take the time to listen.

"Well, thats one more thing the Navy will have to deal with, and stay out of our hair. "

Lt. Aqua smiled.

"Yep. More time."

Radio Free Liberty - SaraOConnel - 05-18-2010

She blinks and actually ends up listening to the entire song, leaning back with a somewhat uncomfortable expression, starting to realize why theres a war between Kusari and Bretonia besides empirical expansion. Eventually, she simply replaces the music with her own and logs into the bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSrrbr2e4OE

The virtual pub was empty, she seemed to like that fact, simply mixing her own drinks and reading, napping. After a long while at the bar itself, she sat down with an odd mix of Kahlua and Irish cream Liqueurs, taking a deep sip and placing the murky mixture off on a sidetable, resting comfortably in a large armchair.

Radio Free Liberty - Mr.Fabulous - 05-18-2010

Kodiak station; Mila's room; 27/04/818 A.S; 1545 hours

As Mila was fiddling with her computer, a broadcasted transmission suddenly comes up into view

"Mmm? What is this thingy?"

She was elated as she saw the cute little doggy come play into the view

*her heart melting* "AAAAAaaaaawwwww... Cute widdow Daawwwwgyyyy!!!"

Then she hears a man on the transmission say a few things before THE song starts to play.

"Say.... This song's tune is kinda like those old-style shows I used to watch back at the estate! Wowie!!! I never knew such things still were transmitting! Yippee!!!"

She soon began to get to the lyrics when Leonardo was coming into the room to check up on his sister.

"Mila... Ah! there you are... huh?" He eyes her listening to some old-fashioned-sounding song.

But when he heard the lewd words coming not only from the song... but also from Mila's mouth!!! He was dumbfounded beyond recognition.

"UP WITH THE WHAT-NOW?!" He quickly motions to the computer Mila was listening to before it could get to a fourth of its content.

"Aww! Darn!" Mila was saddened at Leonardo's sudden interruption on her computer.

"Mila! What the FRAK where you listening to?!" His eyes suddenly become void of life, and his face replaced with a demonic atmosphere.

"EEEEEEEEEEP!!!" Mila screamed as Leonardo pulled her away using her ear from the computer to be punished.

Radio Free Liberty - Mr.Sanguinetti - 06-04-2010

Sanguinetti appears amongst the dancers waltzing slowly with one of the digital-actor girls to the music of miss O'connel. He notices the visitor and leaves the crowd looking on the dog.

'Hey pup, why didn't you tell me we have a connection ope... I mean.. a guest?'

The dog skulks on the floor and yowls.

'Of course I set it to 'Do not disturb', if you would know how much the paperwork is these days with all the new fellows amongst... Ahh yeah. I see. It's all right pup.'

He looks on miss Greaves and prepares his best-programmed smile while walking to her.

'That music was real... relaxing. It's good to wake up to something like that. Welcome in the Radio miss O'Connel. Glad you came.'

Sanguinetti pulls an armchair closer to the table and sits. A waiter brings a nargile with many necks and lits the carbon at the top of it. Cardamine and synthweed smell starts to fill the air.

'But realy I am. (have some if you feel so) What brings you here? I'd realy like to hear how things go in Kusari. Not many libertonian knows much about our northern neighbors. And someone's opinion with inside view of that nation and with Breton origins... It sounds so exciting to me. Just don't forget about what to say and what not, we are On-Space now, our devices already registering many who tunes in sometimes.'

He leans back and smokes.

'Well, things are not so bad momentarily here. Everyone gets better and better on what they do. We have many to join our cause - real talented ones, they make one feel proud and hopeful. I can hardly say how glad I am for them. What reminds me, one of them came with the callsign of LH~Tom.Waits. Do you know who he was? One should dig deep into ancient archives for it, but he was a singer on Sol. I listened some, and kinda' cool stuff. It's like that. Real moody tune ain't it?'

Radio Free Liberty - Roeben - 06-17-2010

As Tom Waits' voice wanes a new person shows up. He has short brown hair and eyes and perfectly round but shallow glasses. He wears an amazingly ugly red/orange shirt and green shorts.

''Sorry I'm late, Sanguine. I had some problems with the...''

Boris eyes the other occupants of the bar.

''Never mind.''

Boris conjures a huge, probably ancient laptop from thin air, and plugs it into the sound system.

''I take it you wont mind if i play one of my favorite tracks every once in a while, right? It always sounds better here then on this antique's speakers.''

Radio Free Liberty - Petitioner - 06-22-2010

All of a sudden, a decently-rendered reconstruction of a Rheinlandish-looking man in the usual garb of the Red Hessians appears in the "bar." If one were to look closely, one might see the rank insignia demarking the man as a Leutnant in the Red Hessian Army on his vest.
The man looks around a bit and sits down in a chair, comprehending his virtual surroundings.

Radio Free Liberty - Mr.Sanguinetti - 06-28-2010

Sanguinetti notices the soldier and turns away for a brief moment to summon a small display-panel and browse trough some data with untraceable speed. When the panel disappears, he stands up and walks to the table with a wide smile and a bottle of red vine. He sits down after a while he starts to speak.

But guten Tag mein Herr, and wilkommen also.

My aunt lives in Munich, so I picked a bit of rheinlandish up. It seems the tonight's show's just getting interesting. We have a visitor, apparently from the famous Red Hessian Army. It's so exciting. I'm starting to feel that this little 'pirate' station - if you forgive the phrase, I bet you got that a lot too - wasn't a so bad idea at all.

By the way, I'm Sanguinetti of the Hackers, I guess we didn't meet before. Unless back in the old days of shipping all those red shiny stuff around. So let me ask you - and by me I mean the people of Liberty here, since we are on-space now - how's Rheinland going?

To expand the question, take a guy living here. He wishes the best for his sector while being aware of the corporate funded martial law governing it. And he sees a ship with the blocky build of the Military what we saw much in the war-holotains. How should a guy act in that situation? I mean they want to take down our homes, and what not... But they also want to take down the rulers of our local regime. You see my dilemma? It leaves me with ambivalent feelings. The guy I mean. I always wanted to ask that from someone competent. Maybe I wasn't alone. So, umm, how's Rheinland going?