Discovery Gaming Community
Mercenaries banned? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Mercenaries banned? (/showthread.php?tid=39013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mercenaries banned? - Canadian_Bacon - 04-27-2010

So i'm flying around in my merc when "LNS-Toronto" says all mercs have been banned from liberty space.... what is this??? i got into a nice, correction Very nice politic battle about why this would be bad for the navy, Can the LN really attempt to ban all merc's from Liberty??? i quote Mr Toronto "The LN decided this i dont make the rules i just enforce em". Has the LN thought this through??? I see it like this, If the LN bann all merc's then even the good one's will start to turn on em joining in a blood bath for the LN with massive casualties on both side's Nothing personal members of the LN But if i have to fight you for my life so be it, all the othier merc's who havn't been collecting bounty's on the navy would probably start doing so.....I Count... Way to many Merc's against the LN, it doen't look good in the future does it, This is why i would like a wonderful debate on the pro's and cons of the LN doing something like this.

Thanks

Canadian_Bacon

Mercenaries banned? - sovereign - 04-27-2010

That'd be ryoken ignoring what JihadJoe said.

They -could- declare mercs banned. But they didn't, not yet anyway. Ryoken's just being stupid. If you took screens, send them (in RP) to the LN high command, I'm sure they'll be interested.

You've a point about the repercussions that might occur if they ban all mercs. Of course, at this point, just about every merc is already doing serious bloodletting in Liberty... that's for them to decide, though. So far they haven't taken such drastic measures.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Liberty did ban mercs before. I remember Rheinland's merc ban a lot better, it lasted far longer.

Mercenaries banned? - Baltar - 04-27-2010

This wouldn't be the first time Mercs have been banned from Liberty. This happens whenever someone posts bounties on Liberty lawfuls and Mercs take on those bounties.

Mercenaries banned? - Virus - 04-27-2010

I believe this should explain everything:

' Wrote:
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: [color=#99FFFF]Fleet Admiral David Hale
TARGET ID: LNS-Wrecker
SUBJECT: Pardon?
ENCRYPTION: Low
PRIORTY: Low

' Wrote:I am glad to see the navy has some support. As of this moment the LNS-Toronto is going to kill all Merc's on site that refuse to leave Liberty space. WRECKER/Wreckerr/WRECKER-JR/WRECKER-SR is also going to support,and defend all Navy ship's that come under fire.

Hale here.
You do not speak for the navy. There will be no ban on mercenaries in general. Please learn your station. If you fire on a non-hostile individual you will be courtmarshalled.

The offending parties will be dealt with accordingly. I'm in discussion with Director Copperfeild at the moment to deal with this. A solution will be found, and infact a rather amusing suggestion appeared during the course of conversation.
Hale out.

[font=agency fb]****TRANMISSION TERMINATED****

Yup ... sounds like NO Merc ban at this time.

Amazing i did not take screenshots as it was not meant to get the guy in trouble but rather more for a heated debate Nice to see that when i fight along side the LN in my merc against fellow merc's that i wont be blown up infact I have a few merc's under my command in game that have devoted to the cause of aiding The navy, Perhaps one day we will be rewarded for our service

' Wrote:Amazing i did not take screenshots as it was not meant to get the guy in trouble but rather more for a heated debate Nice to see that when i fight along side the LN in my merc against fellow merc's that i wont be blown up infact I have a few merc's under my command in game that have devoted to the cause of aiding The navy, Perhaps one day we will be rewarded for our service

Well, considering the lawfuls in Liberty are quite numerous ... eh ... i'll just leave it at that ... don't feel like chasing that rabit.

Mercenaries banned? - sovereign - 04-27-2010

' Wrote:Amazing i did not take screenshots as it was not meant to get the guy in trouble but rather more for a heated debate Nice to see that when i fight along side the LN in my merc against fellow merc's that i wont be blown up infact I have a few merc's under my command in game that have devoted to the cause of aiding The navy, Perhaps one day we will be rewarded for our service

I still think the LN command would like to know about it. They told him no, he ignored them... if his actions encourage more mercs to shoot the navy, don't you think they'd rather have the chance to rectify it beforehand rather than after the shooting starts?

' Wrote:I still think the LN command would like to know about it. They told him no, he ignored them... if his actions encourage more mercs to shoot the navy, don't you think they'd rather have the chance to rectify it beforehand rather than after the shooting starts?

Infact you are correct, No casualties to Mercs as per my amazing diplomatic skill's... Wheres diplomatic envoy when you need him, anyways good to know that the navy will not be shooting my lads on site when they start to patrol Liberty space for pirates and such.

Mercenaries banned? - Dane Summers - 04-27-2010

Wow - this is good to know, but very interesting - Dane's thinking of going Merc - half the trading angle was to make money, and live comfortable - but now he really wants to do something with his life.

He's a Liberty Patriot at heart - good to know his country would still want him in that eventuallity.