Discovery Gaming Community
Rules Page Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Rules Page Update (/showthread.php?tid=3916)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rules Page Update - DarkOddity - 09-19-2007

I am proposing a sub-domain for the Discovery Gaming Community.

The sub domain I am proposing is:

Now what this sub domain would do, is enable people to quickly find the rules. It would also enable the insertion of a quick, EASY to remember link into the server MOTD in-game, as well as "read the rules" spam tossed out in-game with IONCROSS, or whatever server operator is currently being used.

When someone goes to this page it would be a simple, easily understood, CLUTTER FREE web page with all the rules for the Discovery Gaming Community.

I personally believe that this would DRASTICALLY reduce the amount of players who are not aware of the rules. This would also make finding the rules for reference MUCH easier as they are currently hidden away in the *ANNOUNCEMENTS* section of the forum.

Input please.

Rules Page Update - Monk - 09-19-2007

Absolutely, visibility is key. Though I know some people really don't care about rules, I've seen many people who really were unaware and are making good of their mistakes.

Brilliant.

Rules Page Update - Praetyre - 09-19-2007

I support this.

Rules Page Update - Qunitinius~Verginix - 09-19-2007

I would got for this. Make it a subdomain of the discovery main page www.discoveryfl.com and that way it can be accessed from the main page, the forums and psoted up on the download page on TLR and Mod DB.

Verg

Rules Page Update - Locke - 09-19-2007

I can't see how anyone would think this was unreasonable.

I support the idea as well.

Rules Page Update - uspatriotsf - 09-19-2007

I and many others have suggested this in the past. Again, totally for it as it is difficult to find the rules sometimes, hence why I linked to them in my signature and link all new players to them when they introduce themselves.

Rules Page Update - Locke - 09-19-2007

' Wrote:...hence why I linked to them in my signature and link all new players to them when they introduce themselves.

What a great idea, AC. Do you mind if I borrow it?

Rules Page Update - TankTarget - 09-19-2007

Yes having a separate Domain would work. But in addition why not make them pinned on every forum or something? That way no one has an excuse not to know the rules.

Rules Page Update - uspatriotsf - 09-19-2007

@Locke: Feel free, the more places to find the rules the less plausible deniability there is for rule breakers.

@Tank: Also a great idea, I wish there was someway to make them at the top of the page every time you clicked "View New Posts" as I think a lot of people use that to read the forums.

Rules Page Update - DarkOddity - 09-19-2007

I am glad this is receiving positive feedback.

I hope the site administration takes heed to this.

AC, the view new posts thing, I really don't think that is possible without a custom plugin with IPB. At least I know the version of IPB I have for my community does not support something like that. However I do get a "button" at the top that links to my rules & regulations page.