Discovery Gaming Community
Major Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Major Question (/showthread.php?tid=3942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Major Question - MrSns - 09-20-2007

(( i do appoligise if i flame a bit))

Ok ok. Is it just me or is Discovery Bias towards the Outcasts?

For example i go and look in the Discovery Faction stats section and every time i look i see a new thread on some random faction Idea. And guess what there all Outcast ones. Never any Corsair ones.

Most Discovery releases there is a large amount of ships put in to disco. Mainly going to the house factions or Outcast factions/Outcast Allies.

For example: (sorry if they are caps but it was taken from a different topic)
Quote:Outcasts Alliance caps

Outcast Dread

Outcast Cruiser

Blood dragon Gunbout

Talarca cruiser (Blood dragon)

Hacker spyglass

Rogue Gunbout

Red Hessian cruiser

Rhindland Pirate Cruiser

Corsair Alliance Caps

Corsair Gunboat

Huntress

Osiris

So my point is that there is one Major Outcast faction and One major Corsair faction. Make another Faction with a different NPC faction aligned to the Outcasts/Corsairs or maby even a NPC faction that has not been taken yet. Most factions don't Even last longer than 2 weeks so unless you are absolutely positive in the faction working than by all means go ahead.

MrSns

Major Question - bluntpencil2001 - 09-20-2007

There are already multiple Corsair factions. Don't worry about it.

You have OPG and TBH as well as loads of independents. No worries. However, there is the problem of the Outcasts having more allies, but you have the Order and some other, weaker, groups.

Plus, your gunboat is awesome. So's the Osiris. And you get Taiidans, so their cappies don't matter.

Major Question - mohr - 09-20-2007

I have seen models for a Corsair Dready, a Corsair Strike Cruiser, and a Corsair Bomber. Now if the issue is that the outcasts have a wider selection of ships, well the Corsair selection should increase as long as the models I have seen are completed by the final release. If the issue here is pertaining to only the factions, I thought the corsairs always prefered to go it alone... IDK.

Mohr

Major Question - McNeo - 09-20-2007

Their caps will matter quite a bit when the Taiidan gets completely killed in the next mod version, if V4.841 is anything to go by.

To put it another way:

we have two battleships: The Altaneria and the Velasco

The 101st have one I presume
The Epigoni will probably get one or two
Bushido have one that I have seen in a screenshot
NovaPG have their flagship and the Tauri Seras

Thats a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6.

These are our main enemies at the moment, and you can see the disparity.

Also, one thing MrSNS forgot to metion is that the Corsairs are supposed to be one of the best, if not the best ship builders in Sirius. I dunno about you, but if the best ship builders can't even manage to design and produce their own battleship, we have a problem.

I know its biased, because its some Corsairs making the posts. But come on...

@mohr: The person who is designing them is also doing a score of other ships, so I am doubtful if they will all be completed in time.

Major Question - Victor - 09-20-2007

Quote:Plus, your gunboat is awesome. So's the Osiris. And you get Taiidans, so their cappies don't matter.

I don't think it's a matter of what's good and what's not... it's a matter of variety. Don't get me wrong, I love shooting down Corsairs as much as the next guy, but I have my own reasons to suspect why Outcasts gets favoured over the Corsairs (which I'm not gonna post...) - and yes... it's obvious they are...

You might be right there.

I think the reason there are more Outcast ships is because many ship-designers like Outcasts. Stands to reason, and can't fault them for it. Even if Corsairs are, like, a million times cooler.

Major Question - Raekur - 09-20-2007

' Wrote:There are already multiple Corsair factions. Don't worry about it.

You have OPG and TBH as well as loads of independents. No worries. However, there is the problem of the Outcasts having more allies, but you have the Order and some other, weaker, groups.

Plus, your gunboat is awesome. So's the Osiris. And you get Taiidans, so their cappies don't matter.

I have seen a few Outcasts using the Taiidan bombers as well. When challenged they stated an admin gave them the ships.

Then shoot the Taiidans with fighters.

Major Question - McNeo - 09-20-2007

Its not like many people can take down a bomber in a fighter...you should know.:mellow:.

Then learn... like I did. There's a knack to it.

Anyway, the Corsair Cruiser that is in production looks amazing. A Dread would be nice too, but we'll see what happens. I won't bother voicing my disagreement with which side the Order's taking in the Hispanic War, so I'll shut up about the Osiris and why Outcasts should swap their Dread with the Corsairs for the Osiris.