Discovery Gaming Community
Rule Question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Rule Question (/showthread.php?tid=39631)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rule Question - Zelot - 05-08-2010

Can a Faction leader use Faction Right #5 on an entire NPC faction?

For example, currently the Corsairs have had enough with the Order and are trying to keep them out of our space, the issue we are having is that they dont want to listen to us, and because of game mechanics, they have good reps with the Corsairs so we cant stop them from docking on our bases, nor from buying our tech. A discussion came up among the Corsair Elders as to whether a Faction Right #5 request could be submitted on a whole NPC group.

Thoughts?

Rule Question - Pinko - 05-08-2010

Request an ID repninja.

Rule Question - Exsiled_one - 05-08-2010

it should be achievable

Rule Question - Elven - 05-08-2010

Don't want. Meh.
At first, I don't want to see Corsair NPCs in Delta shooting my Order ships, secondly, one of my characters is Corsair origin.

Make list of people to FR5?

Rule Question - Bobthemanofsteel - 05-08-2010

Don't see why not.
Assuming you have sufficient, good, reason.
Not staying out of your space doesn't sound like one, though.

Rule Question - tazuras - 05-08-2010

Yeah, alteration of the diplomacy on that scale would involve a good deal of development and a good deal of RP supporting it.

Fix the players that are a problem, and if the problem persists hopefully the admins will start imposing harsher sanctions until it does go away.

' Wrote:Yeah, alteration of the diplomacy on that scale would involve a good deal of development and a good deal of RP supporting it.

Fix the players that are a problem, and if the problem persists hopefully the admins will start imposing harsher sanctions until it does go away.

This has been a long time in the works. At this point the Order player faction is allied with the SCRA and Rhineland unlawfuls, while being neutral with the Corsairs, the Corsair player factions are also neutral with the Order. This is a in game reality, and has been working toward this state for a long long time. The issue I have is its alot of work for me to have to report every Order player I find with Corsair tech, because there are just so many of them, and they continue to buy the stuff because the rep allows them to, and they continue to bring their caps into Corsair space despite rp requests from the Corsairs for them not to. Yet they can still come and dock on our bases and buy our tech.

Rule Question - tazuras - 05-08-2010

But it seems like what you want is for a mechanics issue to be solved with RP. I agree something needs to be done here but it shouldnt be to base your RP off of the actions of those that refuse to acknowledge the RP and in some cases the rules. Admins took a close look at tau-23 when things went all wacko there, they should do the same thing here.

Additionally I wouldnt mind seeing the purchase restriction system expanded to guns, both white and red cell, because if the faction has given you permission to mount the guns it doesnt seem unreasonable for them to transfer them to you in game.

EDIT: Also, if the order faction doesnt want to end up as hostile to corsairs, which i would hope they dont, ask them to help police their indies in co-ordination with the corsairs.

' Wrote:EDIT: Also, if the order faction doesnt want to end up as hostile to corsairs, which i would hope they dont, ask them to help police their indies in co-ordination with the corsairs.

Not just the Order Indies. I had to ask the admins to remove a Tizzy turret from a prominent member of the Order player faction after he made comments to the effect of "I'm not getting rid of this gun, and you cant do anything to take it from me." How can the Order player faction police their Indies when they cant even police their own faction members.

Rule Question - Irra - 05-08-2010

Cool.. and I thought this is RP game where you do stuff in RP but not forcing rules on everyone because of few indies..