Discovery Gaming Community
making credits? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: making credits? (/showthread.php?tid=3965)

Pages: 1 2

making credits? - Hiatsu2k7 - 09-22-2007

Hey all I'm new to the Discovery freelancer comunity...

I was wondering what the best way would be to make some credits on the RP 24/7 server...I have been playing the game for about 12 hours and I'm stuck with the startracker.

All my costs seem to exceed my gains after missions (repairs, missles, batteries, etc...) There has got to be a better way. I want to start trading but my ship has such little cargo capacity that it's pointless and I have, not were near enough credits to get a freighter.

So please any advice would be nice.

Thanks

Edit 1: By playing the game for 12 hours I mean that I beat the single player and have logged 12 hours on the online server BTW

making credits? - sn!p3r - 09-22-2007

1)save up for a CSV then go mining for silver in colorado

2) do manhattan missions till your fingers fall off

3) join LSF and get 20mil for a good fighter then i may give u another 20 for a train to trade:)

PM me on forums if your interested in LSF

making credits? - uspatriotsf - 09-22-2007

Nice shameless recruitment there. If I can remember correctly, I did some Liberty missions until I had enough to buy a freighter and then did some trading. Takes a while. Other than that, the best way is to join a faction. Good luck and see you in space.

making credits? - Unseelie - 09-22-2007

kill piranhas.
till you can sell on mactan.
the bgh sell for 6400 there.
so.
thats what I did...its the unlawfull road, though.

also, if you can kill frieters, tractor their stuff, and sell it.

hey...look, i make pirates.

making credits? - Exile - 09-22-2007

' Wrote:1)save up for a CSV then go mining for silver in colorado

2) do manhattan missions till your fingers fall off

3) join LSF and get 20mil for a good fighter then i may give u another 20 for a train to trade:)

PM me on forums if your interested in LSF

Sniper, bad, verry bad:dry:

Dont join a clan if your fresh of the boat. Go trade with that little cargo capacity that you have, small runs, say moving stuff around inside liberty. When you have enough, get yourself an CSV with the transport shield. Should protect you and allow you to do more dangerous trade runs.

making credits? - galaktik - 09-22-2007

i was mining silver in colorado till i have enough cash to buy rhino, then humpback then do same thing, i was mining for 4 days in colorado till i was able to buy small transport...

Of course u can move stuff inside New York system (like boron, phamacuticals and stuff)

making credits? - zethis - 09-22-2007

Some tips.

1) Don't waste your money on missiles, they are a huge cash drain. You should mount guns only.

2) Trading always makes more money than doing missions in the same amount of time.

3) The 2 wrecks, 1 in New York, and 1 in California carry 20 cardamine each that you can sell on Manhattan for 40k per wreckage.

4) Mining silver in Colorado and selling it on Manhattan will net you 50,400 pure profit per load of 80 in a rhino.

P.S. If you see me online ("Zethis", i'm usually in Tau-31), I will help you get started with a little money without you having to join any factions.

P.P.S. If you see anybody with the tag [The_Angels], they will help you out too with some starting funds, just don't be a greedy bum like a lot of others. =)

making credits? - sn!p3r - 09-22-2007

:)yeeeaa i know... mining is one of the best ways to go.. and he doesnt need to join LSF il still help people out

making credits? - Hiatsu2k7 - 09-23-2007

Thanks for all your help guys! I'll try those out.

However, what a CSV lol?

And Zethis I tried getting to Tau 31 and I couldn't make it I kept getting killed and ran out of credits. :$

making credits? - Dopamino - 09-23-2007

csv is a ship on manhattan
sells for about 150k