Discovery Gaming Community
Who does IMG like? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Who does IMG like? (/showthread.php?tid=3978)

Pages: 1 2

Who does IMG like? - alance - 09-23-2007

Hey guys I've been trying to understand how IMG fits into the npc faction wars, in particular how friendly they are with the Red Hessians.

Reading the news at Vogtland it says the IMG and the RH have very active trade in Omega-7 and that many of the IMG people are ex-Rheinland miners so they have common ancestry.

But then further down the list of news items it talks about the Outcast/Corsair war and says RH is aligned with the Outcasts (and they're listed as allies in the F8 screen), but it says the Unioners, the Order, and "treacherous IMG" have joined the Corsairs.

So where does that leave RH and IMG? Are they enemies or have only part of IMG joined with the Corsairs? Seems like the news item could be read as a group of the IMG are supporting the Corsairs, I'm not sure.

Help!

OH, and if your faction is involved in these politics at all, could you please comment on where your player faction stands in this mess? I gathered some info from the Faction Status page but I'm still shaky on folks like BSG.

Who does IMG like? - Firebird - 09-23-2007

Well if the Hessians are sided Outcast and view the IMG as supporting the Corsairs then likely they would attack them. My suggestion on this is see whether IMG convoys are attacked by the Hessians in the Omegas, my feeling is they are attacked.

As for IMG and Corsairs being friendly, that's another thing to watch is if the Corsairs attack IMG transports as well.

Aside: I suggest either using Hessian or maybe RedH if doing short form for Red Hessian, RH is used also for refering to Rhienland. Although the usage of RH here is clearly meant for Red Hessian.

Who does IMG like? - Exile - 09-23-2007

IMG is not friendly to corsairs, their neutral.
But thanks to the IMG's hatred for outcast, and vice versa, they will be classed as "On the corsair side"

Exile.

P.S : you might want to PM either doom or templar ( 18 ), both leaders in BSG= IMG.

' Wrote:Well if the Hessians are sided Outcast and view the IMG as supporting the Corsairs then likely they would attack them. My suggestion on this is see whether IMG convoys are attacked by the Hessians in the Omegas, my feeling is they are attacked.
Ah! great idea, I'll go hang out by Friestadt base in Omega-7 and see what happens with IMG+Hessians. Thanks!

Who does IMG like? - Exile - 09-23-2007

Ah you mean like that.

Well, they shoot everything thats a threat to their profit.
Yust go to omega 7 like firebird mentioned, or go to "The hood" in dublin. You get to shoot BAF/Molly's/Corsairs and some other factions there yust because their in a IMG operations zone.

Who does IMG like? - Quigs - 09-23-2007

Not sure the Corsairs have to enter in to the equation all. Outcasts have been attacking IMG interests in the Taus. If RH feels obligated to take on the baggage of fighting everybody the Outcasts don't like, then IMG are an enemy. If RH are only interested in using the alliance to fight mutual enemies then IMG are neutral (at worst). Somebody in a position to lay down the law on RH motives should make a call on this.

CP

Who does IMG like? - Dragan - 09-23-2007

I've never seen Hessians who were attacking IMG, and I don't think that you would see much hessians on the freistadt base, because its full of bounty hunters.

Who does IMG like? - Doom - 09-23-2007

well...technically..IMG is mostly neutral...(after all they hold one freeport)..however they do stand on Corsair side against Outcasts....Also in Discovery they are very friendly with Mollys..(although u cant see that from NPC behavior...they are ruby red to each other and NPCs attack each other on regular basis..but some rumors and news on Hood say they are almost allies)

Considering that IMG is in the middle of Kusari/Bretonia war, the fact that they are on Corsair side in "two alliances", i would say that Red Hessians are on hostile side of IMG reputation...however...IMG, them selves is walking on thin line between lawful and unlawful side...they attack and kill fully lawful organization BMM, most of their equipment is sold on black market....

considering all..they have hard time staying neutral...

also...looking at the core of the game (in INI files that describes faction relations)..Red hessians and IMG are completely neutral

Who does IMG like? - Logos - 09-23-2007

' Wrote:Hey guys I've been trying to understand how IMG fits into the npc faction wars, in particular how friendly they are with the Red Hessians.

Reading the news at Vogtland it says the IMG and the RH have very active trade in Omega-7 and that many of the IMG people are ex-Rheinland miners so they have common ancestry.

But then further down the list of news items it talks about the Outcast/Corsair war and says RH is aligned with the Outcasts (and they're listed as allies in the F8 screen), but it says the Unioners, the Order, and "treacherous IMG" have joined the Corsairs.

So where does that leave RH and IMG? Are they enemies or have only part of IMG joined with the Corsairs? Seems like the news item could be read as a group of the IMG are supporting the Corsairs, I'm not sure.

Help!

OH, and if your faction is involved in these politics at all, could you please comment on where your player faction stands in this mess? I gathered some info from the Faction Status page but I'm still shaky on folks like BSG.
The best answer i can give you is to ask admins(Igiss is the best choice) about it. They will explain everything.

Sounds lke Dragan has spent some time in Omega-7... I figure the IMG there at Freistadt are friendly to the Red Hessians because of this news item (unless things have changed and the news is old):
Quote:Though it has been a long time since the Red Hessiants were exlusively miners, they can still appreciate the work that the IMG does to operate independently of corporate and House control in Sirius. Red Hessians and IMG conduct business at the IMG base Freistadt in Omega-7, where they trade Commodities of all kinds from basic supplies to engines. Historically a Bretonian organization, Rheinland miners flocked to the IMG after the 80-years war and the common ancestry between the two groups is not overlooked by either faction.
I still haven't had a chance to go look at that system, will do that asap.