Discovery Gaming Community
Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive (/showthread.php?tid=40053)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-15-2010

The Gallic Invasion
Discovery 4.85 / 4.86 Transition
"Officers and crew of the Gallic Royal Navy! I address you today as your monarch. We have embarked upon a mission to punish our rebels known as the Council. Today they are being sheltered by those known now as Sirians, the descendants of those same people who left us to die on Earth so many years ago. The treachorous people known now as Kusari have lived up to their ancestry. We have discovered that while we were negotiating with them in good faith, they have been preparing to attack us. Therefore, I come to you today as your monarch to tell you that, as of this moment, a state of war exists between our proud people and these Kusari dogs. Go forth, do your duty for the crown, and destroy these traitors to humanity." - Charles XI, King of Gallia

"Sir, we're picking up large numbers of ships now coming through the jump hole from Tau-29. They appear to be Gallian."
"Don't worry, ensign, I'm quite certain that our negotiations with them are proceeding as our ambassador and the Emporer have stated."
"SIR! They've OPENED ..." transmission ends abruptly

The Gallia-Kusari war of A.S.818 takes place primarily in Tau-31, with the primary fields of engagement near the Tau-23 jumpgate and the Leeds jumpgate. Both sides in this combat have 4 different ship classes available - fighters, bombers, cruisers, and battleships. Gunboats were not used in this combat. For purposes of this battle, no combat will occur anywhere OTHER than in Tau-31.

Kusari capital ships will start at Battleship Nagasaki in Leeds.
Kusari fighter and bombers will start at Battleship Yamaguchi in Tau-31.
GRN capital ships will start at Dounby station in Orkney.
GRN fighters and bombers will start at Java Station in Tau-23.

Players will use the /restart command to get their ships for this combat.

For this battle ONLY, certain rules will be modified:
Rule 3.2 is still firmly in effect - no cursing each other, including graphic epithats regarding nationality of the characters.
Rule 5.2 is not needed - the KNF and GRN are at war, and will be the only two forces allowed on the server. So it's really not necessary to tell someone you're going after them - this is war.
Rule 5.4 is firmly in force - no ramming of cap ships. They're going to have a tough enough time with rocks.
Rule 5.6 is irrelevant. Players will not have funds for bots, bats, mines, or missiles. If your ship is badly damaged, go forth and die gloriously for the King or Emperor and then simply /restart.
Rule 5.7 and rule 5.8 will be ignored. If you die in combat and you want to come back, simply start a new character and re-join the combat. Switching sides is freely encouraged, and may at times be required to balance things.

Each side will have one or two (depending upon the time of day) battle coordinators (Commanders). All players are required to check in with their respective commander to determine what size ship is needed at that particular time. If for some reason there is no commander online at that time, go forth and invade Sirius / defend the Empire!

Again, since the /restart command will be used to create your ship, it's pretty irrelevant as to whether you have a fighter or a battleship at any given time. The commanders will be monitoring total force sizes, to ensure that we don't end up with something totally ridiculous like 20 battleships against one fighter.

There will be a total of 8 /restart commands available, for each of the four ships on each side. No other /restart commands will be available, or will be needed. Certain players will be given access to camera ships for filming of the battle, and they will have neutral ID's for this battle.

NPC's will be turned OFF.

Gallian forces will be repped as neutral to IMG so that the IMG bases will not fire on them.

As this battle is not taking place on the actual Discovery GC server, players will not have access their regular ships or bank accounts. Ships that are left over after this battle will not be saved or allowed to be transferred to the GC server. Modifying your loadout is not allowed - these are mass production ships and were all done to the same specifications. No selling your weapons and putting something else on.

To stage this event and not continually crash the main server, we will stage this event on the secondary server that we only have access to (rented) for a limited time. Therefore, the date for this event will be:

Saturday / Sunday, May 22 / 23rd. (aka next weekend from when I'm posting this.)
The start time has NOT yet been set. I anticipate that this combat will probably start mid-afternoon GMT, and currently we plan on letting it proceed for 12 - 24 hours, so everyone that wants to do so can participate.

This MAY require putting in a special server address in your Freelancer command line - we'll figure out the final details and will post them here.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Akura - 05-15-2010

Sounds awesome.

I just wish I could come as Zoey. Q_Q

I'll be fighting for both sides, and loving it. Thanks for setting this up <strike>assmins</strike> admins.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Bobthemanofsteel - 05-15-2010

Epic awesome lolsauce.
I forsee everyone wanting to use Valors, though:P

Either way, I'll no doubt be there for both sides too.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Shazbot11 - 05-15-2010

There will be a....

S[color=#33CCFF]PEHZ BATUL!

[Image: starcraft_2_epic_space_battle_by_larcenciel_11.jpg]

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - mwerte - 05-15-2010

Nice little event. I'll probably put in an appearance.

One little niggle though.
' Wrote:"Sir, we're picking up large numbers of ships now coming through the jump hole from Tau-29. They appear to be Gallian."
"Don't worry, ensign, I'm quite certain that our negotiations with them are proceeding as our ambassador and the Emporer have stated."
"SIR! They've OPENED ..." transmission ends abruptly
The KNF jumped the GRN. Not the other way around.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-15-2010

' Wrote:Nice little event. I'll probably put in an appearance.

One little niggle though.

The KNF jumped the GRN. Not the other way around.

The commander of that ship didn't know his side had already declared war on the GRN, or that the GRN was ready for that with massive forces.

I will finish tweaking the ships later this weekend - figuring out the turret layouts. Certain members of the dev team that also play GRN and KNF picked out the loadouts - I'm still tweaking the turret locations. (I didn't realize the way the KNF Dessie is set up that it would take me that long to do.)

The restart commands that will be available in game will be to spell out the faction and ship name that you want to fly. (For example, you'll be able to type in /restart KNFBattleship and boom, you'll be in a fully equipped Kusari Battleship in Leeds.) These commands will NOT be active until the start of the event - and they won't be able to be used on the main server. (Just reinforcing that you're not getting to keep all those battleships you're going to want to make...)

I'll have more information available as it gets closer to next weekend.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Death.RunningVerminator - 05-15-2010

' Wrote:The commander of that ship didn't know his side had already declared war on the GRN, or that the GRN was ready for that with massive forces.

I will finish tweaking the ships later this weekend - figuring out the turret layouts. Certain members of the dev team that also play GRN and KNF picked out the loadouts - I'm still tweaking the turret locations. (I didn't realize the way the KNF Dessie is set up that it would take me that long to do.)

The restart commands that will be available in game will be to spell out the faction and ship name that you want to fly. (For example, you'll be able to type in /restart KNFBattleship and boom, you'll be in a fully equipped Kusari Battleship in Leeds.) These commands will NOT be active until the start of the event - and they won't be able to be used on the main server. (Just reinforcing that you're not getting to keep all those battleships you're going to want to make...)

I'll have more information available as it gets closer to next weekend.
Agmen, aren't people going to use this just to sell the Battleships and send the credits to their bank? Or do you have some sort of thing to regulate this?

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Politus - 05-15-2010

' Wrote:Agmen, aren't people going to use this just to sell the Battleships and send the credits to their bank? Or do you have some sort of thing to regulate this?
It's on a separate server, I believe.

edit: Also, this sounds lovely. I'll be there in one ship or another, depending on what I feel like.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Dennis Jameson - 05-15-2010

Cali base isn't without sensors, you know...

Now that my defensive nature has been swept out of the way for a minute let me just say this: This sounds like a fun battle, well done indeed.

Tau Conquest: The Gallic Offensive - Death.RunningVerminator - 05-15-2010

' Wrote:It's on a separate server, I believe.

edit: Also, this sounds lovely. I'll be there in one ship or another, depending on what I feel like.
Ah, alright. Well.. guys, I'll try to make it.