Discovery Gaming Community
Recruit ID/BHG ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Recruit ID/BHG ships (/showthread.php?tid=40575)

Pages: 1 2

Recruit ID/BHG ships - Wuselkobold - 05-24-2010

I just noticed that the BHG ships can't be bought with a Recruit ID. Is this intentional or can it be fixed?

Recruit ID/BHG ships - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 05-24-2010

' Wrote:I just noticed that the BHG ships can't be bought with a Recruit ID. Is this intentional or can it be fixed?
The Manta is as far as I know the only BHG Fighter that can't be bought with a recruit ID. This is intentional as far as I know - Recruits don't get top of the line equipment.
GS and GB's as well as the larger capships are not allowed with the Recruit ID, so it is natural you can't buy those with the recruit ID either.

A & L Guy

The recruit ID is intended to enable people to get the reputation with the respective faction to get its IFF and to be able to buy the factions ID.
Should I first buy an Eagle, just to do some missions and then buy a Manta/Bomber/whatever?
The Recruit ID is an OORP ID to indicate that the person is setting up a character and doesn't exist in the Roleplay environment. (At least this is what I was told)

Recruit ID/BHG ships - Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd - 05-24-2010

It has to do with problems related to abuse in the past, if I recall correctly, both thru ignorance and willful malace.

Recruit ID/BHG ships - Athenian - 05-24-2010

A double bribe is available at Sheffield if you are patient. If not, the missions from Sheffield are pretty easy and can be done in any small fighter.

I am aware of that Athenian. Its still much easier (compfortable might indeed fit better here) and faster to be able to rep in a MK2 ship.
Also, all (at least all I know of) other factions MK2 ships are availiable with the Recruit ID too, its either all of them ore none.

I'll consult the Oracle. He's sleeping now but we'll try to find out.

[22:25:50] Cthulhu: I checked that one, Ath. The Manta is the only BHG fighter that is restricted. When the ship restrictions feature got implemented, there was a lot of discussion about it.
[22:26:03] Athenian: i was away for that
[22:26:12] Athenian: so you can buy anything with recruit id
[22:26:18] Athenian: just not the manta
[22:26:20] Athenian: ?
[22:26:42] Cthulhu: You can buy any civie fighter, and the smaller fighters for the various factions.
[22:27:00] Athenian: so he can buy sea serpent, hammerhead
[22:27:05] Cthulhu: The top of the line fighters, can first be bought when you have the faction ID.
[22:27:13] Cthulhu: Yep, no problem. Also, sheffield has storage containers. Get double or triple bribe, undock, kill containers till rep looses green, get kille dby stationfire, respawn, take double or triple rep, and you are full BHG repped. Repeat 2 times, and you are full Core repped. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Recruit ID/BHG ships - Birdtalon - 05-24-2010

Try getting an Eagle first. It'll only cost a few million credits in the long run.

Recruit ID/BHG ships - Kazinsal - 05-24-2010

I've done them out of Sheffield in a CSV from doing /restart Bretonia. It's not hard.