Discovery Gaming Community
Two Ideas - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Two Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=40596)

Two Ideas - LynnChan - 05-25-2010

Okay... I have some funny ideas. The first one... well, we have a buy command, which buys munition, bots and so on. Can we please have a sell-all command? Okay, I think I have to go a little further...

Well, when I battle for a while, weapons and munition just magically pollutes my cargo lot. It then takes ages to sell 30-50 class 3 weapons + munitions and so on. The same in big PVP Battles, since everyone has other munition and all get into my cargo space. With a special command every non equiped or non-needed weapon /munition will be sold the second you enter a base. It would be really helpful (at least with my style of play;))

For the second one... I am a beginner in the trades business. And every time I get some cargo, I look into the list for best targets, take the highest count and then drive the cargo there... only to see, that the base is hostile and their defense is close to killing me off and dispersing the cargo all over the space. So would it be possible to color the base names in the trading window in the color they are in the rep sheet? So Red for Hostile, White for Neutral and Green for Friendly?

These are just suggestions. I know how hard it is to create and maintenance such a project... okay, I don`t but I believe it is quite difficult:)So if the suggestions are just bogus or too difficult to do, then please ignore them.

Hugs and kisses :ylove:

Two Ideas - tazuras - 05-25-2010

' Wrote:Well, when I battle for a while, weapons and munition just magically pollutes my cargo lot. It then takes ages to sell 30-50 class 3 weapons + munitions and so on. The same in big PVP Battles, since everyone has other munition and all get into my cargo space. With a special command every non equiped or non-needed weapon /munition will be sold the second you enter a base. It would be really helpful (at least with my style of play;))
This one is do-able, but i dont really see there being a high demand for it. And it would make NPC mining easier, and even though it's not very profitable, I would rather see more mechanics that encourage RP instead of those that encourage PvE. Also this command would be useless for anyone carrying unmounted weapons they dont want to sell.

' Wrote:For the second one... I am a beginner in the trades business. And every time I get some cargo, I look into the list for best targets, take the highest count and then drive the cargo there... only to see, that the base is hostile and their defense is close to killing me off and dispersing the cargo all over the space. So would it be possible to color the base names in the trading window in the color they are in the rep sheet? So Red for Hostile, White for Neutral and Green for Friendly?
This is a good idea. However even if it was possible it would be very difficult, as to do it in the game engine would require the source code, and to do it serverside would require a ton of server resources and bandwidth.

Sorry I cant bear better news.

Two Ideas - LynnChan - 05-25-2010

about the second one, I feared that this wouldnt be possible... but about the first one, it didn?t happen as often at NPC mining (you sell there more often, so the amount of weapons doesnt pile up) then normal PVP. You see, as unlawful (I have 6 of them... boy, really? wow...) you have to fight way more often against NPC then as lawful. You have to face lawfuls and some unlawfuls, so you collect more weapons then normal. of course then there are bigger fights, where you collect almost any munition ever sold (at the Rheinland/Liberty Fight I had to sell munition and parts for nearly 10 minutes. It was really annoying. Okay, it was profitable too, but meh...:)

Two Ideas - Durandal - 05-25-2010

First one is called /autobuy, second one isn't possible.

Edit: Totally misread. Opposite of autobuy would be awesome though.

Two Ideas - Prysin - 05-25-2010

actually, just use "tractor item" instead of tractor all and take whats worth the most... makes things easier and faster

for example, i use "n" for tractor all and "shift+n" for tractoring a lone item