Discovery Gaming Community
New player Faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: New player Faction (/showthread.php?tid=40694)

Pages: 1 2

New player Faction - Swampcroc - 05-27-2010

Hi guys, I have an idea of a faction i would like to start, but i would like some input on who would actually join, and if you have any feedback for me.

The name is SWARM, it stands for Sirius Wide Anti-Rheinland Militia, but i hope to eventually turn it into a terrorrist organization.
I am requesting to have a Gallian battleship for my character who will be the leader, as this will serve as both a mobile HQ and so we have capital ship support. Also, we could help fight the war against Rheinland. But i want to make it a requirement to have Nova torpedo launchers so we can "SWARM" capital ships.:yahoo:

Let me know if you would join and what you think!

New player Faction - Thurgret - 05-27-2010

Fight whose war against Rheinland, exactly?

There are not any Royal Gallic forces currently in Sirius, and while they are due to drive Kusari right out of the Taus and then go to war with Bretonia in 4.86, I cannot quite see why they would have any interest in Rheinland at present. So I'm going to assume that you're not looking for a Gallic force (and cannot figure, then, why a Gallic battleship would be involved).

New player Faction - Sarawr!? - 05-27-2010

I uh...Yeah, I'm sorry, but all of Sirius does not hate Rheinland...and Gallia...uhm, doesn't like Sirius at all, so they wouldn't be giving out Gallic battleships to Sirians...

Sorry but I just don't think this is a good idea..

New player Faction - Akura - 05-27-2010

Ah.. racism against the Rheinlanders...

In short, No this wouldn't work.

In long, OhgodOhgodOhgod this would fail faster than the human torch in a fireworks factory.

New player Faction - Dusty Lens - 05-27-2010

A better name for this faction would be Sour Kraut Inc.

New player Faction - Elsdragon - 05-27-2010

That is exactly what we are trying to avoid in disco.
If you want to even hav e a chance of this working, I suggest you do the following things:
Get Vigilante ID's, and Purple Godess Chainguns.
You are technically allowed Sabres, which are some of the best fighters, with the abformented ID.
No caps. Vigilante ID dosent allow them anyway.
Keep your operations local, such as small raids on the hamburg system.
and read some of the faction proposals, the rules, the tech chart, and learn how to RP well.

New player Faction - Jongleur - 05-27-2010

Sounds like this idea may have been thought up in haste, dude. Just keep carving away at it and you'll get something that can work.

' Wrote:A better name for this faction would be Sour Kraut Inc.

Now I want a reuben.

New player Faction - Akura - 05-27-2010

' Wrote:That is exactly what we are trying to avoid in disco.
If you want to even hav e a chance of this working, I suggest you do the following things:
Get Vigilante ID's, and Purple Godess Chainguns.
You are technically allowed Sabres, which are some of the best fighters, with the abformented ID.
No caps. Vigilante ID dosent allow them anyway.
Keep your operations local, such as small raids on the hamburg system.
and read some of the faction proposals, the rules, the tech chart, and learn how to RP well.

Vigilante ID could only engage the unlawfuls of Rheinland, not the lawfuls.

New player Faction - Durandal - 05-27-2010

Why exactly would they hate Rheinlanders? Given the stigma towards Kusari, and the fact that they'll be "allied" with Gallia in .86, I think that would be a better idea.

Start off small. One gunship and maybe a couple of fighters, using the pirate ID and generic equipment. No reason you can't get caps over time, but around here people will want to prove that you won't go "LOL, ENGAGABUNG" with them first. (Ironic considering that caps are easier to kill than fighters, but what do I know?)

New player Faction - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 05-27-2010

Make LN player group with a lot of LNS and go pew pew rheinland each 4 hours.

Outcome: You'll be hated by players all around.

You can also check forums to see the faith of similiar factions. Look "Ghost.ships" for exmaple.

This don't contribute anything to disco. Neither it improves rp or anything. I suggest to spent more time around and see how things are done here.Try to join some cool player factions who has "Teach a nub" policy. Well there isn't much one like that, but you can still find some with cool people who will be happy to help you out and get a grasp on how things are run here.