Discovery Gaming Community
Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) (/showthread.php?tid=40994)

Pages: 1 2

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Pinko - 06-01-2010

So, I was replaying Freelancer's storyline and the Blood Dragons were often referenced as Far Leftists which wanted to completely lock up Kusari in a Gallic way, believing that Kusari could live on it's own entirely and that the Gaijins weaken it. I know they want to remove the actual Emperor and replace the true bloodline and restore the older customs of Kusari, does that mean that Kusari used to be a Far Leftist nearly communist state?

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - masternerdguy - 06-01-2010

' Wrote:So, I was replaying Freelancer's storyline and the Blood Dragons were often referenced as Far Leftists which wanted to completely lock up Kusari in a Gallic way, believing that Kusari could live on it's own entirely and that the Gaijins weaken it. I know they want to remove the actual Emperor and replace the true bloodline and restore the older customs of Kusari, does that mean that Kusari used to be a Far Leftist nearly communist state?

kusari is based on 12-1400s japan
shoguns etc

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Sprolf - 06-01-2010

I've never once picked up on Blood Dragon connections with communism.
That doesn't strike a chord of "Oh, I can see that" in me either.

I don't want to be egotistical, but that likely means they don't exist.

As MNG said, they're feudal, less than communistic or capitalistic.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - TYHPilot - 06-01-2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Japan

Read the section from the 12th century to the Meiji Period. That is more or less Kusari minus the space ships and aliens. Blood Dragons are supposed to be descended from the Shogunate's personal guards. Kusari isn't a place where a contemporary understanding of politically "left" or "right" fits in very well. A Shogun is a military commander, however in the history of Japan Shoguns took on the role of governing the country. There was still an emperor during these days, however the role was completely ceremonial. You can roughly compare a Shogunate to a military dictatorship but note that this occurred in a feudal country.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Marcus Lindberg - 06-01-2010

Communism brands itself on removing imperialism.

Blood Dragons want to rethrone the True Emperor.

Blod Dragons = Imperialists.

Commies and Imperialists don't go well together.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Mounteblanc - 06-01-2010

Being a radical left Imperialist =/= communism.

Sorry, I don't see the similarities. Nowhere does it state that the Dragons want to abolish all systems of social classing and create complete equality. They just want to reinstate the old Shogun.

So, Blood Dragons and Communism are actually polar opposites. Odd.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Elven - 06-01-2010

Usually Blood Dragons are royalists / imperialists, but in few cases there're communists. They don't tell that out, though.

Communism is quite hard within xenophobic Kusari, though.

I heard Chrysantemus are interested in little red communists:PThey aren't usually xenophobic and they like idea of woman and man being equal (Not all, though)

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Mounteblanc - 06-01-2010

' Wrote:I heard Chrysantemus are interested in little red communists:PThey aren't usually xenophobic and they like idea of woman and man being equal (Not all, though)

Chrysanthemums? Men? Women? Equal? Hwaaaaat?

I was under the impression that the Chrysanthemums were an entirely radical sisterhood devoted to the implementation of a strictly matriarchal society.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Marcus Lindberg - 06-01-2010

' Wrote:Chrysanthemums? Men? Women? Equal? Hwaaaaat?

I was under the impression that the Chrysanthemums were an entirely radical sisterhood devoted to the implementation of a strictly matriarchal society.

They want a woman on the throne, but society would be equal. There would just be an Empress rather than an Emperor, but yeah, they support equality.

' Wrote:They want a woman on the throne, but society would be equal. There would just be an Empress rather than an Emperor, but yeah, they support equality.

Oh. I feel ignorant. I thought that the GC wanted to make Kusari into an almost ant-hill like entity, where the men's only purpose is to do mass amounts of strenuous labor and impregnate women (and not in a fun way).

Edit: Wow. I just read the Wiki article, and now I feel like a complete idiot.