Discovery Gaming Community
I need two or three volunteers. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: I need two or three volunteers. (/showthread.php?tid=4117)

Pages: 1 2

I need two or three volunteers. - Unit-sk855 - 10-06-2007

I am in the process of conducting a small scale RP storyline that has arced towards needing some people willing to fly as "Non Player Character Player Characters" along with myself in a few small scale events. I will be paying for everything, your designated ship, weapons, shields, ammo name changes, and the like. After the event is over, the ships and money are yours to do whatever you want with. Sell em, get name changes, delete them. It doesn't matter.

Now here are the details I can publicly share as to not ruin the surprises.

The ships will be fighters.

PVP will be involved following all server rules of engagement.

You will not have to rep up the ships much outside of obtaining the needed ID. Which I will be paying for.

The Tag/ ID combos will be along with Server rules.

No server rules will be broken. I am screening applications to make sure I get trustworthy people.

You will be paid multiple millions for each small event. And by small, I mean one pvp battle type small.

Applicants are preferred to be decent pilots, that are going to put up a good fight. Winning is not the objective, only flying against the enemy. It does not matter if its 3 fighters, two gunboats, a cruiser and a battleship, we fly at them and die and you get paid.

These characters will be used for multiple events as such, over a logical time line. After the first few events, more applications will be accepted to increase our number and give the enemy more of a challenge.

Most importantly:

This is not a NOMAD RP. The ships we will be RPing are intelligent beings with set goals and enemies. They are only here for one purpose, and will leave everyone else alone.

This is NOT a new faction. After the story arc is done, these ships will potentially fly no more, unless everyone enjoyed it so much that we extend the RP a bit longer. It is instead to be considered a group, and this a recruitment thread for it.

People that are not our enemy. Feel free to do what you want. Attacking us will not exactly have the "normal" effect of earning a new enemy. As I say, our goals are specific.

Serious applications will receive more information, and the events leading up to the current goals of this plot line.

Why you ask?

Simply put, I am doing this as the first of a series of gifts to the community. Its such a great place to develop characters, and i want to spread the roleplay around even more. The first event is simple in scope, and as such will not involve everyone. Depending on how this one works out, they may encompass more people, player factions, and more NPCPC characters.

If any admin would like to know the complete details on this, and I mean complete with all questions answered. Fire me a PM.

I need two or three volunteers. - Jinx - 10-06-2007

Sounds like fun, and i have a free char slot still - but i m a horrible pilot - don t hit a planet when i stand right at the docking collar. so you can count me in - if you re not looking for ace pilots :D

I need two or three volunteers. - Antubis - 10-06-2007

i might be interested tho i have a fair bit of real life stuff on at the moment but i may be able to participate fully so count me in for the time being

I need two or three volunteers. - Treewyrm - 10-06-2007

PM me details, I might help if you need nomads in there (because that's all I have). My characters are Taurvi and Harbinger, I suppose you have met them before.

I need two or three volunteers. - Denelo - 10-06-2007

Hm...

I'd love to be in, depends on the times. If it's weekends and not on the 20th or 21st (Or at least, I don't have to join in on the weekdays and 20th/21st), I'm good.

Oh, and I'm not a great pilot, except in a Gunboat. Pretty good in a Gunboat though.

I need two or three volunteers. - FooFighter - 10-06-2007

I would be interested...I' a pretty good "offline"/forum roleplayer, this could be a good chance to get me into Server RP. I think I am a decent pilot too, although I'm pretty bad with light fighters; I think I'm acceptable up to good with VHFs and gunboats. Flying battleships is easy for me, but that would be too expensive for you I think, and also like asking for too much. The only problem is, that I have not too much time; so if I'm needed it would be good if you drop me a message a few days before the event shall happen.

I need two or three volunteers. - DarkOddity - 10-06-2007

I am definitely into this idea. I would like more information please!

I'm not the best in a fighter, but I will put a damn good fight before I go down.. and take AGES to kill. I can handle 1 on 1's pretty easily in most scenarios and being out numbered 2-1 or more I can survive easily if I so desire.

I would love to take part in a in game RP event as a NPCPC.

I need two or three volunteers. - bluntpencil2001 - 10-06-2007

So, we'd be actors, and you'd be a director?

I like it.

I'd like more info, in case any of my current characters would fit, otherwise a new one is an option.

Also, in case it matters, my fighter-skills are significantly above average.

I need two or three volunteers. - Magoo! - 10-06-2007

Well, I'm not sure what makes me so special from the other applicants; but I'd really like to participate. Like Tree, PM my with further details/question/whathaveyou.

I need two or three volunteers. - Unit-sk855 - 10-06-2007

Woo thats more than I expected. No problem, ill just need to raise some more money heh.

Well first, blunt hit the nail pretty much on the head.

Actors is a good way to describe what you would be doing.

All the characters will be the same race, ship, load outs, and tag/IDs. After the events are over, they will be yours to do as you wish. Current characters can be used as plot movers, getting the word out to people being I cannot be everywhere at once. Further details on this will be in the PM.

Thanks allot for showing support already!