Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. (/showthread.php?tid=41207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Pinko - 06-04-2010

We, Citizens of Liberty, wish to keep Liberty free of the ''Furred'' pests. Their ability to act as humans make them freaks at best. We do not want of these freaks in our Homes, where they scare our children with their sicknesses, their fleas, their ability of speech and so-called intelligence, which is limited to flirting and corrupting our youths. They are not even humans, and they should not be treated as such, nor be protected by the Charts of Human Rights. We do not care about the origins of the Fured Freaks, if they are a failed genetic mutation experiment or anything is not important. They are here, at our doors. We do not want them in Liberty! Fellow citizens, sign the petition and keep them out!

Signed,

Alice Ducharme,
IC insurances saleswoman.

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - The Republic Of Liberty - 06-04-2010

The following statement was issued by a spokesman representing the Republic of Liberty

It has come to our attention that some wish to see the eradication of so-called "furry" humanoid beings, due to no other reason than their appearance and behaviour. This is commonly known as discrimination, and can in some circles be tantamount to genocide. The Republic of Liberty, known to strive for basic rights such as freedom, cannot and will not be a part of any actions to eject certain beings from our borders. The exceptions are any that break the law, which will be dealt with as with any other case involving what some might describe as "normal" human beings.

As such, hostile behaviour for no other reason than the colour of their skin, fur, or exoskeleton if it's ever the case, will never be reason enough to conduct atrocities. Neither will their opinions, their leanings or their actions, so long as they obey the law set out for all within Liberty, human and non-human alike.

It is disappointing to see some within the house feel it neccessary to villify other individuals for nothing but their appearance and their mannerisms. This is prejudice and discrimination, both of which have absolutely no place in Liberty.

Citizens are free to sign this petition as they see fit, but we will be watching the situation unfold closely. Corrective measures will be taken if some feel it within their rights to take the law into their own hands.

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Vogel - 06-04-2010

Vince Pryor noticed the message in his inbox; how could he miss it, waiting for his ship to be repaired after another tangle with the Outcasts?

He scratched his chin, contemplating the philosophy behind the message. These "furred freaks" were being labeled as dangerous and worthy of removal "regardless of where they came from". That got him thinking: if any of these creatures were in fact a new breed of animal, which is to say "alien", then he couldn't say that going after them was a bright idea; the Squids shot first, these things hadn't, to his knowledge anywho. And though humanity had its vices, comparing it to the Squids at all was simply distasteful.

Then it occurred to him what was inferred by "so-called intelligence". He'd seen some of 'em speak better English than he did, and as far as he could tell were fairly bright; they could maintain and fly spacecraft afterall. So if their intelligence was in debate, then the intelligence of any human was equally compromised, and only bullheadedness could deny that.

The "flirting and corrupting our youths" bit... he honestly did not know how to respond. Except for the fact that cross-species stuff was kind of creepy, especially given the lack of social integration here, if they were animals of any stripe then they courted and mated and all that junk. Predictable, if a bit disconcerting.

All of these thoughts transpired as Vince continued to scratch his chin.

And then he realized he wasn't even a citizen of Liberty.

It didn't take long after that to remember why he insisted on being a Freelancer.

=<Message Deleted>=

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - RockCrystal - 06-04-2010

***Transmission incoming***
Origin: Freeport 10, Tau-37
Routing: Tau23-Tau31-Kyushu-NewTokyo-Shikoku-Magellan-Colorado-NewYork
Destination:Liberty Petition offices, Planet Erie, Pennsylvania
Message Body:
See, this is why I left Liberty. They'll let just ANYone live there.
Including loudmouthed, xenophobic insurance agents.
Why don't you go present your petition in Rheinland, it should be a huge success. OH WAIT! Petitions are illegal in Rheinland, I forgot!
In conclusion, if this pile of steaming whatsit actually gets passed, I personally will transport every so-called 'Furred pest' who chooses to leave to Gran Canaria, where they'll be free to build a life away from such hatred, bigotry and idiocy.
Love and kisses,
Peter Kristall
P.S. Isn't this the same Alice from IC who tried to post a bounty against Zoners about a year ago?
P.P.S. Ah, my bad, that was one Ian Collard. Still also from IC though.

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Mr.Fabulous - 06-04-2010

~~~INCOMING TRANSMISSION~~~
~~~TRANSMISSION VERIFIED~~~
~~~ENCRYPTION: LOW~~~

~~~UNLOADING TRANSMISSION~~~
~~~UPLOADING VIDEO FEED~~~

Sender: Leonardo Tigre
Receiver: Disclaimer
Location: 8090-Harrowfall Avenue, Jettison City; Planet Erie; Pennsylvania; Liberty Systems

*A man comes up from the monitor, his face that of a very serious and formal stare; behind him was a woman with a seemingly-jolly face of happy-go-luckiness; the background showed that of a living room of Zoner-organization*

"Well now... that seemed... harsh. Even for my standards, which is already high at best... Personally, I don't approve of such racial discrimination, " The man spoke in a very monotonous and almost lifeless voice at the monitor, "... But it is not I who is the one to do the long speech...

"Actually, it is my sister right here, in fact, "
He turns towards the woman in the back to motion towards the monitor, "Mila... Here. You look at the red dot at the center as you talk, alright?"

*The girl motions over to the monitor as the man steps back to allow her room. She coughs a bit to clear her voice before beginning*

"Ahem! Hi, Hi! My name's Milarosa Tigre!

"Let me just say that you're a Meanie, Ms. Alice! What have these cute, widdle furries ever done to you? They aren't bothering anybody, aren't they? They don't try to wage genocidal wars against humanity, do they?

"As all sentient beings these furries are beings too! Sure, they may be failed genetic experiments, but it isn't their fault that that is the way they are, isn't it?

"Sure, some of them may look ugly, but is that really enough reason to warrant exclusion, or at most, genocide? I haven't seen a furry myself, but the word furry doesn't even make ME cringe in disgust! In fact, I think they may look very, very cute and cuddly to handle! Which makes them all the more friendlier to make friends with, right?

"Sure, they may scare little children away because they are different from the rest of us, but that's not the human way! Isn't society all about living with people we sometimes don't agree with, and yet we still do anyway? Isn't society about learning how to cope with other people, no matter how different, and gaining a better understanding of their pasts so as we could learn from them and make more friends instead of enemies? Isn't society about trying to work together for the good of the whole group instead of ONLY working for your selfish desires of taste and preference?

"Ms. Alice, the furries, as you have said, may be failed genetic experiments, shunned from the harsh reality that is life... Most of us, even in all of our humanity and similarity with each other, still find it hard to cope up with life! Some of us have lost our homes, our jobs, our livelihoods, all because fate has chosen not to make us successful...

"And with all that, don't you think it's already too much that these furries deserve more pain than the rest of us? I say these furries actually deserve honor and respect, for these people have gone through more gruesome trials and challenges than all of us could ever fathom! They don't deserve this... this... discrimination, meanie! They deserve aid and friendship and camaraderie."

*tears start to trickle down her eyes as her tone becomes more of pleading*

"Ms. Alice, I don't know why you would treat the furries with such disdain, and may never understand... But all I know is that they are still the same beings as you and I in heart, mind and soul. Despite all their hardships, they manage to go on with life, have jobs, live in homes, and have families... families, Ms. Alice... Do you want to be responsible for killing innocent families for your own disdain against them? Do you want to become the very evil that humanity has long been trying to fight against? Do you... Do you want... to...

"I... I'm sorry... I---"

*a consoling hand from the guy is placed on her shoulder*

"Mila... I think that's enough for now... You've done well... I think."

".... You really think so?"

"... Well... Honestly I don't know... but you've done what you can, haven't you? Let's just end it now, okay?"

*The girl wipes her tears away from her eyes slowly*

"O... Okay... That's all I've got to say...

"I only ask that you think about this before you do it, Ms. Alice... It seems... harsh for you to think of the furries that way...

"... Goodbye, Ms. Alice... Okay, brother... you can end it now."

~~~VIDEO FEED ENDS~~~

~~~TRANSMISSION LOST~~~

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Osilon - 06-04-2010

>CommID: Wildcat<

A woman appears on the screen...she has hair a light brown color, and hazel eyes. She appears to be either from Bretonia or Rheinland, a cross between the two...she has a slim figure, and wears an off-white uniform of a medical officer. Behind her, some kind of medical bay is visible, and the whirring of several machines guves an ambient background noise...a shadowed figure lays on the bed, breathing softly. The woman looks back for a moment, before beginning.

"It is surprising that this has come up..."

She looks back to the camera.

"For all, the Wildcat has been welcome within Liberty for some time...we have been kept safe here. None have tried to hurt us...except the raiders...which is soon to be fixed. For the most it has been a place of silent refuge"

The figure stirrs slightly in the background, before going still again. Her slight movement shows a tail, barely visible in the shadows, and several pieces of electronic equipment dotting her body.

"I have been a copilot and medical officer to my mistress...my captain...Miss Vixen for some time, and it that time she has never been attacked or harmed, only helped...the only thing that pains her is the shadows of her own mind..."

The woman closes her eyes, and shakes her head.

"It is sad that such things come up...But if you want to try and eject us from this place, within the bounds of your own laws, you're welcome to try. I don't see anybody assisting you so far, only denying your views. These beings..."

The woman flinches at the word, and looks back to the figure on the bed, before continuing...

"These...people...were not part of the choice to be created. All they can do now is exist...if you wish them to give up their homes, and their lives...how about you try it first?"

The woman smiles down the camera.

"Until you can give us proper reason to leave this place, you will be denied. Procecuting my mistress because of her form is simple discrimination, and-"

An alarm begins to ring in the bay behind the woman. She curses for a moment and turns to the screen.

"I guess this matter will be resolved later...if we're unlucky, you'll have one less 'furry' to deal with..."

The woman runs off the screen, and the signal cuts, fading into static.

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Corsair - 06-04-2010

Response to transmission

This isn't the way to do it. Just put bounties on their heads and sell their corpses to research institutes. Problem solved, bloody hands and finger pointing gone.

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Sarawr!? - 06-04-2010

<<Incoming Transmission>>
<<Transmission Source: Battleship Missouri>>
<<Sender Identification: Baker, Rachel A., Lieutenant Commander, Liberty Navy>>
<<Signal Strength: Full>>

Rachel appears on the screen, brushing her hair off her face and shaking her head as she looked toward the monitor.

"This transmission is not meant to be construed as the opinion of all my comrades, or of the Government of the Republic, as they have already made an official statement on this situation...however"

Rachel paused briefly, to draw in a breath before speaking again.

"I may not be a member of the Liberty Navy High Command, but I do hold a position of limited power, and it was me originally, using my 'limited power' to extend the hand of friendship to the Captain of the vessel "Wildcat" on behalf of the people of Liberty. Vixen's presence within our borders therefore could be considered 'my fault' by those of you who wish violence upon her and the others like her who surfaced after her presence within our House became known."

Rachel drew in another breath, again brushing a few strands of hair out of her face.

"On that note...I will take any act of violence against these...anthromorphic humans within our House borders as a personal attack against myself, and I will use that, 'limited power' of mine to ensure that those responsible for this racial bigotry are brought to justice, killed if it comes to it. Oho yes, my power may be limited, but it is still exactly that, power. The laws of The Republic of Liberty will not be violated on my watch, and personal attacks against myself or those who are entrusted to my protection will not be taken lightly...that is all."

<<Message, End>>
<<Transmission, Terminated>>
<<Signal Strength: Lost>>

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - Syrus - 06-04-2010

-- INCOMING TRANSMISSION
>> Comm. ID: Jan Markus, (Polarstern)
>> Source: Planet Manhattan, New York

Citizens of Liberty!
How can you say such things, behave that way?
Of all houses you are the one which praises freedom the most! At least, you say so!
But all I witness around here is hate and ignorance! Just because something is different it doesn't have to be bad!
Why do you hate, what's unknown to you? Why all that anger?
All that senseless hate for the unknown! Why don't you try to open your mind?
See the unknown, learn from it! Life with it! Don't fear the unknown, don't be afraid of it!
You don't have to threaten people who are different, think different, have different opinions!
Don't outcast someone, just because he or she looks different! Even if he or she isn't "a human"!
They are living beings, just like you and me!

It makes me sad to see such ignorance, such small minded people...
*he starts talking as if he was in thoughts*
I understand now what...what...the light...
...what...they...
...meant...I see...

*silence for some time*

-- END OF TRANSMISSION

Liberty Citizens against Furred Freaks. - lw'nafh - 06-04-2010

<//Incoming Transmission//--
--//ID: ProjectX//--
--//Location: UNKNOWN//--
--//Signal Fidelity: 94%//--
--//Begin//-->>

Firstly, I feel the need to correct you all on the correct usage, and pronunciation of the word 'anthropomorph'. You see, to define it correctly and simply, would be to call an anthropomorph... 'A non-human object, with human characteristics.' By definition, Wildcat, and these hybrids are -not- anthropomorphic, as they are technically human.

Me, on the other hand? You'd know if I wanted you to, I will say as much as... I am a -non- human object, with human characteristics, but the details I will leave you to flounder over.

To what I was originally going to say.

I expect reactions like this, toward them, and even myself. Humans are xenophobic, terrible to each other, so I can't imagine what you would be like to other species, but, I can. I know of many races that have had similar issues, and ultimately, it brings their downfall. Simply because they pick a fight with the first xeno species to come into their contact. I am not implying Humanity will end due to this, but it is possible. Now, I do have a suggestion.... Wildcat, Vixen, whatever the Hell your name is, stop flaunting your anthropomorphism around like it makes you better than everyone else, you may be, but it isn't wise to tell anyone and everyone. To Liberty, and the rest of Sirius, for that matter... Get used to it, even your own GOVERNMENT has accepted her, not that I particularly care.

Go shoot some Rheinlanders.

<<--//End//>