Discovery Gaming Community
To: Dawn Johnson, of Niverton base - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Dawn Johnson, of Niverton base (/showthread.php?tid=41284)

To: Dawn Johnson, of Niverton base - Snoozzzer - 06-05-2010

A fuzzy, low quality video transmission is picked up from a scrambled source. Whether it was intentional; or simply lost along with most of the video itself is unclear.

Upon completion of the transfer, the video automatically opens and the following scene is played out:

The camera observes the inside of the cockpit of a Renzu-Corp Touketsu fighter craft, most of the details lost in the low-quality video stream. The face and shoulders of Rick van Pelt occupy most of the screen; the young man looking visibly distressed and bearing a heavy blush across his face. He stutters in his embarrassed, nervous state before blurting out his statement.

"Ms. Dawn, from the brief time I have spent with you, it is most apparent that you are obviously not like some of the Xenos that Ive met in the past, and as you said yourself; are in need of a change of scene. Might I suggest joining the Junker's cause?

We value our freedoms, are fiercely protective of one another and despite what youve likely heard around the Xeno circles (as true as it is), many of us make good, honest credits. I share some of the values you fought for with the Xenos, but push bloodletting to a much lower priority.

While there are many paths, I believe following the junker's way, and hopefully flying right by my side, would suit you and the ideals you spoke of rather well. I greatly enjoyed the time, however brief, we spent together, and eagerly away you, heart in hand, on the steps of the Freeport.

Ill be waiting for you to come back so we can finish those drinks together and, hopefully, share many more from now on."

Rick van Pelt leans forward; his face clearly blushed and nervously fumbles for the off button at the rear of the camera screen. The transmission cuts off and the screen returns to static.

To: Dawn Johnson, of Niverton base - TheOrangeButterfly - 06-05-2010

ENCRYPTING MESSAGE..... Successful
ID SIGNATURE.... Dawn Johnson
Encryption Level... MAXIMUM CAPACITY
Message Level: Priority.
To:Rick van Pelt

Dawn smiles as she listened to Rick's message. She wasn't expecting to actually receive another transmission from him after the events of the prior night. She turned on the recorder

:::Message Begins:::
Rick. It is very good to hear from you again, as I thought that after the events that transgressed last night may have scared you away.

*She paused for a moment, clearing her throat*

I believe i'll need some assistance in procuring proper...identification...

My rather well-equipped Xeno-weapon equipped Eagle is now in a storage shed on Milford base in Pennsylvania. I am elsewhere, after a friend dropped me off on Erie. I'm trying to arrange another ship, but it seems the only thing I can find is, ironically, a Junker CSV.

*She grinned sheepishly again*

I'd like to meet you somewhere... I can't really leave Pennsylvania until my name has been cleared. I may need help getting to New York and maybe convincing other Junkers that I really have changed.

I want to see you again.

- Dawn Johnson

End Message Body
Signal trace...Somewhere in Pennsylvania.
Transmission source..offline.