Discovery Gaming Community
2 Different but probably related problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: 2 Different but probably related problems (/showthread.php?tid=41389)

2 Different but probably related problems - Bluntag - 06-06-2010

I've installed Freelancer, the newest version of the mod manager, and the newest Discovery. First of all, When I try to run the mod in mod manager, It gets about halfway there and stops, and says there was a problem activating it and says "Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')".

I go to my normal Freelancer folder and I try to run it from there, and it launces Freelancer, and it appears to be normal Freelancer, no "Reunion 4.85". I run the multiplayer and I get a list of all the discovery servers, and I'm able to connect to all the servers. But when I go to create a new character it always tells me the name is taken. Names like "DwubbieLimpburtson". Yeah, that can't be taken.

So I've got these two problems that I think are probably related. I've already tried reinstalling these things numerous times. I'm running Vista, so I was thinking maybe its because of Vista's super retarded protection, but I've already turned off the Firewall and the Defender. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated:)

2 Different but probably related problems - .:Mongoose:. - 06-06-2010

' Wrote:I've installed Freelancer, the newest version of the mod manager, and the newest Discovery. First of all, When I try to run the mod in mod manager, It gets about halfway there and stops, and says there was a problem activating it and says "Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')".

I go to my normal Freelancer folder and I try to run it from there, and it launces Freelancer, and it appears to be normal Freelancer, no "Reunion 4.85". I run the multiplayer and I get a list of all the discovery servers, and I'm able to connect to all the servers. But when I go to create a new character it always tells me the name is taken. Names like "DwubbieLimpburtson". Yeah, that can't be taken.

So I've got these two problems that I think are probably related. I've already tried reinstalling these things numerous times. I'm running Vista, so I was thinking maybe its because of Vista's super retarded protection, but I've already turned off the Firewall and the Defender. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated:)

I had a similar problem, Cannon has a post in the forums about how to solve various problems, worth looking it up, it is pinned in the Tutorial & Support section. I sorted it by uninstalling everything and then installing Freelancer, the Mod Manager etc into my Documents and not into the program files which resolved the problem I had when I activated the Mod

Regards

Regards

Oh, all you did was install it to My Documents? Hey, thats worth a shot. I'll update this upon my return :-)

Nope, installed both to My Documents, and nothing:(

2 Different but probably related problems - Ice-H - 06-06-2010

Don't use the newest version of the mod manager. Use version 1.3 instead.

Hmmm. But I thought 1.3 was all bugged out? Where can I download it?

Here for example.

Hey, thanks! Its activating in Mod Manager now:)

Unfortunately, I still get the message saying that every name I pick is taken. Names like Tiddlywinders.

.:Mongoose:. had a possible solution for you in post #2.

Already tried that, and met with no success:(