Discovery Gaming Community
So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 (/showthread.php?tid=41525)

Pages: 1 2 3

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Fletcher - 06-08-2010

I absolutely love this game. Its so fine, yet its very abusive. Much like the Pregenitor Mover attack mission, that mission ALWAYS rapes my fleet of Torpedo frigates and gunships. What a waste...

The game still looks absolutely beautiful, and its 'drawn' cutscenes are pretty engaging, even to this day. I love Torpedo frigates, and that they can 'scatter' their missiles to bring down snub-craft. But I really love taking on that inhuman swine of a ship called The Keeper. I'm about halfway through the campaign now and repairing my gatekeeper ship. Having two carriers and four Destroyers as a taskforce is so much fun. Maybe I'll jump that shipyard that the Vaygr are hiding over yonder.

Until then, I got a lot of snub craft to destroy with my ships.:D

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Cawdor - 06-09-2010

It really is an amazing game. Graphics are still awesome and the rock paper scissors game play principle is almost perfect due to the experiences made when the devs developed hw1/c.

Unfortunately, however, you spend most of your time in the sensors manager because your troups are most accessable from there so the graphics sort of aren't a real arguement. I really only go into the normal view to coordinate the bombing runs on ship modules D:
Then there is the problem of NPCs not being any challenge at all. So since I never got into actual pvp, I can't enjoy this strategy game that much.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - The.Outlaw.Star - 06-09-2010

where can one get that game? it sounds like fun!

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Lancelot9 - 06-09-2010

It is an amazing game.

E-bay, Amazon - really cheap and definitely worth it!

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Not Espi - 06-09-2010

hw2 is .... wow ... just wow.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Fletcher - 06-09-2010

Wow, looking back, this game was released about 7 years ago. Still a great game. You know, I gotta love how the classics always call me back over the rubbish that exists these days. Hell, even Freelancer still calls me back.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Turkish - 06-09-2010

Beautiful game, and very engaging. But the story fell short compared to Homeworld I, pretty graphics were nice, and an easily moddable platform too. I was actually thinking about reinstalling last night.

HWI > HWII > HW:C

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Fletcher - 06-09-2010

Ok, so now I'm incredibly annoyed. I manage to stave of Makaan's forces, break through his insurmountable amount of Battlecruisers and Destroyers, I FINALLY get a Marine Frigate to survive a trip to the outpost, and get this Captain Sobaan out of prison.

And guess what?! A lone Vaygr Battlecruiser decides to waste Captain Sobaan, literally as soon as he un-docks. Uses its damn 3 laser cannons. Killing him in one salvo. Thats when the game autosaves, as he dies.

Screw that, I'm hacking the save, I'm not duelling BC's for an hour with my frigate lines again. No, I've had it! MAKAAN MUST DAI!!

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - bobby - 06-09-2010

I couldn't get it to work after I switched to W7:(

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - looqas - 06-09-2010

hmmm. seems like I might need to dust off the Homeworld series again, now that I have a computer that actually can run at full power.