Discovery Gaming Community
New Faction Concept - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: New Faction Concept (/showthread.php?tid=4206)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New Faction Concept - Othman - 10-14-2007

to DISCO Community..

Well after a reasonable time since my last failure managing a faction, I have been thinking of creating a new faction and its concept within. I still need some considerable time to completely finish the template, however before doing so and going completely into a concept like this, I thought best is to ask people their opinions about the idea.

Here is the brief outlook of the faction I am planning to start..

We will be aligned with the Unioner faction, and will be completely bound to Roleplay in terms of ships and equipment. Most importantly, it will be a small sized one when compared to other factions in terms of zone of influence and operations. If it comes into existence, we will mostly fly eagles which i see as the most proper civilian fighter vessel that fits into a unioner rp. Moreover, we will enforce using unioner weapons, as well as staying bound to rp always and you wont see us in cap ships.

And Here is a brief summary about the purpose that our faction might have in terms of staying within Roleplay
Quote:We are an outlaw group composed of dispossessed Rheinland shipyard workers who engage in brutal reprisals chiefly against Republican Shipping. Expansion into the Independent Worlds changed the agenda of most brothers from terrorism to piracy. In spite of the secret alliance with Corsairs giving us a rare opportunity to replace Red Hessians as the major pirate faction of the Rheinland space, we remain cautious for the time being by retaining neutrality towards the Hessians.

Our primary goals are oppressing Rheinland territory with blockading surrounding systems, preparing assasinations on the federal police and military members while on the other hand pirating shipments by raiding tradelanes within Rheinland and preparing stealth assaults on Vierlande Prison in order to rescue our brothers and operatives being kept in detention. We are keen on defending the rights of our people and going to continue our tradition forever.
Well, I am waiting for your opinions here and I need some volunteers also to make this concept come into existence. If the idea could be favored we will probably need some volunteers and willing people to help the factions cause by providing some of their credits and valuable time to have our own system.

Some people may say, there are already a lot of factions and we dont need new ones. My counter statement for this could be, if i am not mistaken theres not an active unioner faction at the moment and the only concept lying behind this is to spice up and add some depth to the tracherous conflict in Rheinland involving the Bundshuh, the Military, the Hessians and the Unioners of course.

Any opinion and idea is welcome and appreciated. If there happens to be any person willing to involve or contribute in any way, they can send me a private message on forums or reply under this post.

Best Regards

New Faction Concept - bluntpencil2001 - 10-14-2007

Right, Unioners are much needed at present, but be careful not to cast them as freedom-fighting good guys. They gave that up for crime for crime's sake long ago, much like the Hessians.

I'd allow them use of Corsair weaponry on their Eagles, but not use of Titans or other Corsair ships.

' Wrote:Right, Unioners are much needed at present, but be careful not to cast them as freedom-fighting good guys. They gave that up for crime for crime's sake long ago, much like the Hessians.

I'd allow them use of Corsair weaponry on their Eagles, but not use of Titans or other Corsair ships.

Well, according to the Roleplay written for them, crime happened to be their primary source of existence after the uprising in 702 which was followed by the Zoners ultimatum in 720, enforcing the Unioners to take their criminal activities elsewhere in Bering. Thats why I would not go for being decent guys seeking justice as you said. What I have in mind is in fact being a local unlawful faction operating within Rheinland and borders that is a bit inclined to act like terrorists. The best thing Unioners could do would be raiding shipments and acting unlawful enough the rp allows them to do.

And for the weaponry issue, the only vessel I have in mind at the moment is the eagle. Titan or any other corsair vessel would not fit into the rp of unioners in my opinion. Maybe there could be a small chance that we would benefit from the rheinland pirate cruiser, as stated in its explanation both Unioners and Bundshuh do not have the capability and technology to build their own capital ships while the Hessians have. But i do want to restate here again, we will be mainly composed of a civilian fighter wing.

Hope this could be helpful as well..

Quote:The Unioners range from Bering to New Berlin. Most of their attacks are focused on the Altona Outpost and the Alster Shipyard in Hamburg, which has alienated them from some of their still employed brethren. The bulk of their Trade Lane raids are directed against Republican ships traversing the Independent Worlds. Their main commodity is Diamonds, which they run from Kreuzberg to Dawson. Unioners are often spotted buying supplies on Freeport 2.

New Faction Concept - bluntpencil2001 - 10-14-2007

Glad to see you restricting things, this is good and will allow for a solid background. Keep it up!

' Wrote:Glad to see you restricting things, this is good and will allow for a solid background. Keep it up!

Thanks, hope we can find some volunteers help us making the concept come into existence.

New Faction Concept - Drake - 10-14-2007

Sounds like you could end up as the primary enemy of RepEx Shipping. They have too much money, anyway. :P

It's always nice to see new, well thought-out, well RP'd factions, especially ones based on an NPC faction that no one else uses. Go for it. Finding a group of people who don't mind flying nothing but fighters may be tough, though.

New Faction Concept - Fellow Hoodlum - 10-14-2007

Kress, refreshing to find someone prepared to take on the responsibilty of an NPC based faction once more,
and roleplay it in its raw form.
More power to the Rheinland pirates again, all three groups now represented.
Gets my vote.

Hoodlum

Damn missed one, very careless of me ... Silly boy

New Faction Concept - Sonja - 10-14-2007

It gets my vote too.

Such a major pirate faction without representation is almost criminal in my eyes.

The base template also looks good, now you just need set rules. You've already got the ship choices and general weapons trend though, so not much more needs to be developed. This, like the RHA, is a faction that we need on discovery.

I wish you luck in the setting up of this faction.

' Wrote:Sounds like you could end up as the primary enemy of RepEx Shipping. They have too much money, anyway. :P

It's always nice to see new, well thought-out, well RP'd factions, especially ones based on an NPC faction that no one else uses. Go for it. Finding a group of people who don't mind flying nothing but fighters may be tough, though.

Good point. Finding people contented to be a part of a fighter wing but nothing else would not probably be easy. But I am preserving my hope for not only establishing a decent squad but a good friends network inclined to act in roleplay. And I know what we are going to work for is already hardship.

' Wrote:Kress, refreshing to find someone prepared to take on the responsibilty of an NPC based faction once more,
and roleplay it in its raw form.
More power to the Rheinland pirates again, all three groups now represented.
Gets my vote.

Hoodlum

Damn missed one, very careless of me ... Silly boy

What can I say, it is always good to have your vote Hood..:)

' Wrote:It gets my vote too.

Such a major pirate faction without representation is almost criminal in my eyes.

The base template also looks good, now you just need set rules. You've already got the ship choices and general weapons trend though, so not much more needs to be developed. This, like the RHA, is a faction that we need on discovery.

I wish you luck in the setting up of this faction.

Thank you Sonja for the support, we will need luck thats true. And it seems I am a bit slow at typing today:P