Discovery Gaming Community
/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: /buyship command could solve the ship location problem. (/showthread.php?tid=42187)

Pages: 1 2

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - ryoken - 06-18-2010

And people could abuse the crap out of this,cause they do not want to work for rep or ID's.
I do not want to knock your Idea,but it will be abused.I am seeing GB's again everywhere with rcruit ID's.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - peter123 - 06-18-2010

he said about civvy ones.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - ryoken - 06-18-2010

' Wrote:So we all know there are many civilian ships like the griffin for example, or the hawk, for which you need to land on lawful bases to aquire. Why not use the similar command like /restart and set the cost to the base packige of the ship. For example, on freeports, you can buy all the civvy class ships. Or new locations for the BW line.

This would solve the 3 ship max problem on bases. Thoughts?
Ship Dealer:

Current ships avalable:

Griffin
Hawk
Eagle
Roc
Civilian freighter

use /buyship shipname to buy.
/buyship eagle
You have been disconnected.
Relog, you got the eagle, minus the cash you spent on the command.
Crete could sell all the corsair fighters and bombers.
Tripoli could sell all caps and transports and freighters.

So on and so on.

' Wrote:he said about civvy ones.

Did you read the whole post? or just the first part?
Corsair,and tripoli is nowhere close to civi last i knew.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - peter123 - 06-18-2010

Well I misread corsair ships.

It would be good only if we want to buy civvy fighters with fl id . Then would be no need to look for them for base to base.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - Etaphreven - 06-18-2010

@ ryoken: At the moment, most ships I think can only be bought IF you have a certain ID. (Tried getting the Fafnir with Civilian ID, didn't work.) This command just won't work if you don't have the ID required by the ship you wish to buy.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - Colonel.Tigh - 06-19-2010

I'd never had thought about it, but now you said it, that is a wonderful idea, but then again, its only would be nice, and not realy needed that badly, 15 min traveling time to get your Eagle or Roc arent that much to ask for.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - ryoken - 06-19-2010

A recruit ID will allow you to buy any fighter in the game. So a person could in ay Gamma /buy wraith
and he would have it. That is the problem i see. Or maybe even a Nomad/coalition/phantom fighter. As they are sold if you can land on planet.This command would make it so hostile or not to planet/base you can still buy the ship,if you have a Recruit ID. I am not saying an admin would not fry this person for it,but it would make the admins job harder.
I am not saying it is a bad Idea,and would not be cool.It is just real easy to abuse,and right now the staff wants no extra work. I think we should all be patient for 4.86,and see what happens.Maybe new rules,or new ID's,and maybe even new ship locations.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - Elsdragon - 06-19-2010

Wrong, recruit ID lets you get all Mk1, Aka Useless, fighters.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - Thexare - 06-19-2010

' Wrote:A recruit ID will allow you to buy any fighter in the game. So a person could in ay Gamma /buy wraith
and he would have it.
Um, no.
' Wrote:Crete could sell all the corsair fighters and bombers.
Tripoli could sell all caps and transports and freighters.

It's location-specific. Please try to read the entire post in the future.

/buyship command could solve the ship location problem. - ryoken - 06-19-2010

' Wrote:Wrong, recruit ID lets you get all Mk1, Aka Useless, fighters.

Funny. i got my avenger/Liberator/wraith/Sabre/bastet/Titan with recruit ID,and been seeing several GB's arounf with recruit ID's. Guess they are all "lvl 1"