Discovery Gaming Community
BPA Guard Rep - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: BPA Guard Rep (/showthread.php?tid=42418)

BPA Guard Rep - Hidamari - 06-22-2010

ok ive never understood why lowering your rep would cost you a dime... never mind like 400 thousand of them a go.

My BPA guard rep is full and has been for a while, but it was all the way at the top of the fully green factions no matter how many enemies I kill... I just accidentally spent 6 irriplacable millions (that other people had kindly given me since I was low on money!) on that drop rep command so that BPA guard was at the bottom, however it still didnt flash, so i killed a few corsair NPC ships and then universal shipping suddenly was at the bottom of my list and now im out of money.... again.

please can sombody Rep ninja my profile to have BPA Guard IFF please:

BPA)Kiriko.Hidamari

BPA Guard Rep - Elven - 06-22-2010

Ouch. :|
Man, try killing corporation pilots. It lowers your reps with corporations for free.

BPA Guard Rep - MarvinCZ - 06-22-2010

It's the same for most people getting some Guard rep. If you want to save money and time, first drop other reps by other means. Just by a little is enough, so they aren't full green. Then when you /droprep your current IFF, they don't get to the bottom so you won't have to worry about them.

Means of dropping the reps are -
aborting missions for the factions - If you just click "abort" it drops the rep only a little and for that single faction only. That's the way used before /droprep for dropping a single IFF. You can still use it to save money, just abort mission after mission for the faction.
Failing missions - It will drop your rep by a large chunk and will affect other factions friendly to the one issuing the mission - Don't do that with a BPA mission, you would lower your BPA Guard rep.
Killing ships - If you kill a single friendly ship, it will act similarly like a failed mission. Useful if you need to drop a faction that's too far to go for a mission. Do that out of sight and again, don't kill BPA NPCs.
Destroying storage depots - Southampton has some nice BMM ones... Again, this will act the same way like a failed mission. The effect is quite significant, don't overdo it.

These should be done before you get these factions as your IFF. At that time even small drops in reputation suffice. Once you get the tag, it's too late - you need to drop all the way to neutral. You can still abort missions to save cash, of course.

Killing enemy ships doesn't help here, you'll just get these other factions up again. Refrain from shooting any NPCs in the process of repping if it isn't explicitly to drop some rep.

BPA Guard Rep - Ash - 06-22-2010

Call me inexperienced at this stuff but. I'd say you got a tag flashin' that aint on your list.

Might wanna look into it.

BPA Guard Rep - Stoat - 06-22-2010

' Wrote:Call me inexperienced at this stuff but. I'd say you got a tag flashin' that aint on your list.

Might wanna look into it.

That'd be my guess too. It's happened so many times it's not funny

BPA Guard Rep - Athenian - 06-22-2010

Your rep was a little odd but it should be okay now. Check and let me know.

BPA Guard Rep - dodike - 06-22-2010

' Wrote:Ouch. :|
Man, try killing corporation pilots. It lowers your reps with corporations for free.

Opportunity cost.

BPA Guard Rep - Hidamari - 06-22-2010

' Wrote:Your rep was a little odd but it should be okay now. Check and let me know.

thank you Athenian for your help, its fixed now:)