Discovery Gaming Community
FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons (/showthread.php?tid=4258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - StarButt - 10-19-2007

I just tried paralyzer missile loadout on my Viper and I was trilled to see that it could really hurt Gunboat shields (which is otherwise next to impossible for a fighter). But it was only to be totally frustrated by the fact that PARALYZERS have effect only if u HIT certain part of the certain gunship?! Its like Corsair gunboats take shield dmg only if hit directly from the side, and Bretonian gunboat only and only to the NOSE! C'mon!! Could this be fixed?! This game ended up having 613163167 weapons out of which only like 3 kinds really worth something: Nomads, codes, pulse... I don't think having PARALYZERS that really are worth using makes anything BAD or overpowered! Give fighters a chance with some right weapons and loadout! Paralyzers are: SLOW, EXPENSIVE, WORK ONLY VS SHIELDS, HAVE LIMITED PAYLOAD, CAN BE ONLY class10 SLOT mounted. At least...they should WORK! Its an EMP weapon supposed to DISRUPT SHIELD if it detonates anywhere close to the SHIELD. Not only NOSE or BUTT of a gunship....blah....

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - alance - 10-19-2007

Hey at least missile prices are lower in version 4.84:)

That doesn't mean SH* if they'r still worthless. I say: make em more expensive but worth using!

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - Dopamino - 10-19-2007

I stay away from missiles at all times. Having a finite supply of ammo does not make me a happy bunny.

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - Exile - 10-19-2007

Wrong place to post gents..

If you have a problem with the missiles, post it in the bug section. But as far as i know, paralyzers DO work perfectly. ( Yes, i use them )

P.S : That screaming attitude isn't going to help either matey..

FFS bugged missiles worthless fighter weapons - Zapp - 10-19-2007

I'm with Dopamino; the only value to missiles for me is picking them off wrecks and selling them, or taking apart an enemy fighter and selling them. I noticed that most NPCs have mad (by mad I mean inhuman) reflexes, and they can dodge missiles pretty easily.

Wrong there again....

Most people just dont know how to use missiles properly. It is pretty easy to kill annything ( apart from capital ships ) with one good missile launched at its hull. Espescialy vanilla ships.

Just godda learn how to use'm guys..

' Wrote:Wrong place to post gents..

If you have a problem with the missiles, post it in the bug section. But as far as i know, paralyzers DO work perfectly. ( Yes, i use them )

P.S : That screaming attitude isn't going to help either matey..

Maybe wrong place to post, but bug is really to scream ur lungs out!
And oh: Paralyzers DON'T WORK perfectly, in fact almost at all: Try them on some GUNBOAT. Not fighter vs fighter (cos they'r specially unneeded and useless fighter vs fighter anyway). And i think having some balistic non energy weapons worth using would make it even more interesting. Trade off infinity for power and good tactics/loadout/aim instead just "autofire" toothpick stuck in ur fire button. (CAT III config F16 with heavy payload cannot take out MIG in a dogfight, but can take out major part of the city. It's all about weapons load).

Well,

Figthers arn't ment to fight gunboats, are they now? So it only seems normal to me if they wouldnt be able to cause much damage, let alone destroy the thing.

' Wrote:Well,

Figthers arn't ment to fight gunboats, are they now? So it only seems normal to me if they wouldnt be able to cause much damage, let alone destroy the thing.

How about just taking out shields? Why u ppl allwayz talk the talk w/o considering facts? Aren't paralyzers supposed to kill shields with EMP blast?! Then why wouldn't they work just the same on a GB?! Infact they DO work..but only if u hit one damn hitbox on it out of 20.