Discovery Gaming Community
my solution to some of discoveries problems. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: my solution to some of discoveries problems. (/showthread.php?tid=43136)

Pages: 1 2 3

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - darthbeck - 07-03-2010

So, I've been watching things for a while, and have come up with a FLhook implemented system that would solve a lot of problems.

the basic idea, is that whenever you shoot down a player's ship, you lose 3-6 bars of reputation(an amount to be determined) with that ships NPC faction. so shooting down a BMM miner would make you lose 25-40% of the possible friendly reputation. The exception to this should be house navy and police ID's, because they need to be able to destroy players without worrying about getting shot at by bases and lanes whenever a NPC of that players faction spawns near them.

You may be asking yourself; "what does this solve?"

It solves the problems of people docking in places where they shouldn't, because after shooting down 2-3 player ships of an NPC faction, they would be entirely hostile to that faction. It would make being a mercenary more difficult, but also give bounty placers more peace of mind when hiring mercenaries, because asking for reputation allows you to see if they've shot down people who share an NPC faction with you.

I'm sure that this is possible with FLhook, and it would increase immersion by making player actions have longer lasting implications, even if that means just going and getting a bribe, it's still an inconvenience. Houses would be able to post bounties on mercenaries who are hostile to them, identifiable by lanes and bases attacking the mercenaries in question.

Open for discussion, and, hopefully, implementation.

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - NixOlympica - 07-03-2010

Thought about Mercenaries?

' Wrote:Thought about Mercenaries?

Kindly elaborate.

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - Elsdragon - 07-03-2010

He is saying that mercs should be able to kill targets and then dock on the targets base.

edit: this -does- screw around with quasi lawfuls though. E.G one corp guy attacks another that he dosent want in that house. If he wins, his opponent dosent come back for awhile, if he loses his foe might not be able to enter the house in question.

' Wrote:He is saying that mercs should be able to kill targets and then dock on the targets base.

edit: this -does- screw around with quasi lawfuls though. E.G one corp guy attacks another that he dosent want in that house. If he wins, his opponent dosent come back for awhile, if he loses his foe might not be able to enter the house in question.

This is perfect for making the quasi-lawfuls act like they're supposed to. If they pirate, then they end up hostile to whoever they're pirating. As for corporations, maybe make it a smaller penalty to shoot down other corporate ships, or maybe not. leave it nice and high, and the deplomacy starts really mattering.

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - Unseelie - 07-03-2010

This is a brilliant idea. We do have bribes to compensate, of course, but tying player ships into the reputation system would be brilliant.

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - Elsdragon - 07-03-2010

Point is, if these guys throw themsleves at you, especially if you are another corperation, self defence ends up removing you from a house

' Wrote:Point is, if these guys throw themsleves at you, especially if you are another corperation, self defence ends up removing you from a house

I think that that would easily count as PVP abuse. which it would be.

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - aerelm - 07-03-2010

*Coughs* Connecticut *Coughs*

my solution to some of discoveries problems. - farmerman - 07-03-2010

I think it's a really nice idea with a couple caveats. First of all, it should only affect that one faction and not partially affect related ones like it does with npcs. Then, for instance, if I'm Samura and shooting Kishiro for some reason, it would only lock me out of Kishiro bases (I'd have good enough rep with the authorities that they wouldn't flip hostile to me). Second, if it could not affect anything in Connecticut, as was mentioned, it would make more sense. (Though an flhook version of Connecticut would still work better, as has been discussed, but that's another story! :laugh:)