Discovery Gaming Community
Idea for battleships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Idea for battleships (/showthread.php?tid=43205)

Pages: 1 2

Idea for battleships - Pinko - 07-04-2010

I had a weird idea.

With the new concept of limited weaponry classes (Light, Medium, Heavy) for caps, make battleships powerhouses by giving them infinite hull and infinite powercore.

BUT

while the ship itself cannot be destroyed, SUBTARGETS on it could be destroyed. As an examples, the engines could be destroyed, making them sitting ducks by making them unable to strafe, the core destroyed to stop their destructive rampage by making them completely unable to fire (or possibly just make them able to fire light weaponry with a limited powercore), but those can't be touched until another subtarget, which would represent the shield, is removed. When all 3 components are destroyed, the battleship is destroyed.

Until these conditions are filled, battleships are free to shoot at whatever they want.

Just throwing a suggestion!

Idea for battleships - HurricaneX - 07-04-2010

Reminds me of Starwars: Battlefront:P

' Wrote:Reminds me of Starwars: Battlefront:P

Kinda where I got the idea.

Idea for battleships - Dart - 07-04-2010

' Wrote:I had a weird idea.

With the new concept of limited weaponry classes (Light, Medium, Heavy) for caps, make battleships powerhouses by giving them infinite hull and infinite powercore.

BUT

while the ship itself cannot be destroyed, SUBTARGETS on it could be destroyed. As an examples, the engines could be destroyed, making them sitting ducks by making them unable to strafe, the core destroyed to stop their destructive rampage by making them completely unable to fire (or possibly just make them able to fire light weaponry with a limited powercore), but those can't be touched until another subtarget, which would represent the shield, is removed. When all 3 components are destroyed, the battleship is destroyed.

Until these conditions are filled, battleships are free to shoot at whatever they want.

Just throwing a suggestion!
considering i destroyed plenty of rhienland Battleships in SP, im gonna vote no.....

maybe implement the idea, but just add more hull

Idea for battleships - Talesin - 07-04-2010

Greetings.

I like this idea - i read it in another topic somewhere - how about making the whole Battleship invincible, but not the subtargets?

Making the Battleship explode if special Tagets are destroyed? Like Shield Generator + Energy Generator + Bridge (added Cargopod?).

It would really add much much much more tatics in fighting a Battleship instead of simply going "Okay, fire all you got. Ready? Go!"

Regards,
Talesin

' Wrote:Greetings.

I like this idea - i read it in another topic somewhere - how about making the whole Battleship invincible, but not the subtargets?

Making the Battleship explode if special Tagets are destroyed? Like Shield Generator + Energy Generator + Bridge (added Cargopod?).

It would really add much much much more tatics in fighting a Battleship instead of simply going "Okay, fire all you got. Ready? Go!"

Regards,
Talesin

Exactly what I said.

Idea for battleships - Marcus Lindberg - 07-04-2010

While its a good idea, I fear if someone destroys the engines and another subtarget, and leaves the third subtarget undamaged (and then just leaves) the BS in question would just remain stuck there. This could be a problem if the players needs to leave and can't F1 in enemy space without getting sanctioned.

But the idea's good, perhaps more subtargets, like being able to shoot off all the guns, and instead of no movement when the engine is destroyed, perhaps a slowper impulse/cruise speed would be better?

' Wrote:While its a good idea, I fear if someone destroys the engines and another subtarget, and leaves the third subtarget undamaged (and then just leaves) the BS in question would just remain stuck there. This could be a problem if the players needs to leave and can't F1 in enemy space without getting sanctioned.

But the idea's good, perhaps more subtargets, like being able to shoot off all the guns, and instead of no movement when the engine is destroyed, perhaps a slowper impulse/cruise speed would be better?

Destroying the engines would just let the battleship unable to strafe, which is vital for it's survival.

Idea for battleships - HurricaneX - 07-04-2010

' Wrote:While its a good idea, I fear if someone destroys the engines and another subtarget, and leaves the third subtarget undamaged (and then just leaves) the BS in question would just remain stuck there. This could be a problem if the players needs to leave and can't F1 in enemy space without getting sanctioned.
Easy. New command: /selfdestruct :D

Idea for battleships - Elven - 07-04-2010

Well, idea is good, indeed, but try to implent it yourself. I don't think that's easy. >_>
And devs have too much things to sort out at the moment, rather to think how it's possible to add destructable parts for Valor or Sarrisa.