Discovery Gaming Community
Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage (/showthread.php?tid=43259)

Pages: 1 2

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Kazinsal - 07-05-2010

[font=Agency FB]Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage

[font=Agency FB]Ever lost your Accounts.dat file or had a hard drive crash and your backups as well? I have.

For a low monthly fee of only five hundred thousand (500,000) credits per account ID per month, your Freelancer account IDs will be safe and sound and only accessable by myself. No one will have access to your account IDs, and I swear on all my honour and reputation I will not touch the characters on the accounts or log into them at all. (Hey, I got into the Angels... I must have at least a bit of a good reputation around here for that!)

DISCLAMER: This service is intended to keep your accounts backed up, and only backed up. The service does not keep your accounts from being deleted for inactivity. Your backups may be deleted if you do not pay your fee after two weeks. You will recieve a notice one week after the beginning of the unpaid fee, and a final notice the day before the account is deleted. If the money is not paid that day with proof attached, the account will be deleted from our records, and you will be notified.

If you wish to have your accounts backed up, please PM me with the number of accounts you wish to store and for how long you wish to pay for storage in a one time fee. Do not PM me the accounts themselves. If you are already paying for one or more accounts and you wish to add more accounts, please send me a PM with the number of accounts you wish to add and for how long they are to be stored for (or if you wish them to be stored for as the other accounts).

Thank you, and happy Freelancing!

-----

PS: Administrators, if you wish to discuss about this service or its legitimacy with me, please feel free to PM me on the forums or over Skype. I swear on my honour and my good reputation on Discovery that the accounts this service stores are available to no one but my host (who is, coincidentally, the owner of Discovery UK), myself, and the account owners, who must ask me personally to retrieve the IDs.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Nagala - 07-05-2010

Or you could just get freelancer account manager and store the accounts on something else, like a thumbdrive, a CD or another computer...

Instead of using people's lack of knowledge for your own benefit, you should make a guide on account backups or something similar. Still, i guess it could be useful for people who don't want to buy a thumb drive or something similar.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - RonG777 - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:Or you could just get freelancer account manager and store the accounts on something else, like a thumbdrive, a CD or another computer...
Instead of using people's lack of knowledge for your own benefit, you should make a guide on account backups or something similar. Still, i guess it could be useful for people who don't want to buy a thumb drive or something similar.

I agree. Instead of <strike>taking advantage of folks here</strike>, you could help them out by giving them tips . .

Oh, for you folks out there who want to keep a backup of your account ID and don't want to buy a flash drive?

use a free web storage service or email the attached .ADF file to your own email account. . .

No sense in paying someone 500k in game credits when you can do this yourself . . .

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Exsiled_one - 07-05-2010

It's his plan to earn cash. Wtf is wrong with you people?

' Wrote:It's his plan to earn cash. Wtf is wrong with you people?

And it is my plan to tell others how to do it for free . .

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Senshi - 07-05-2010

It's a nice offer from Kazinsal, and no one is forced to use it. No "taking advantage" of anyone, so calm down. There might be reasons and issues that make people want to either have an additional secure backup or doesn't allow them to back it up safely for themselves. For those Kazinsal's offer is a very nice alternative. and 500k isn't really much once you have an ID filled with vessel registrations you really don't want to lose.

' Wrote:It's a nice offer from Kazinsal, and no one is forced to use it. No "taking advantage" of anyone, so calm down. There might be reasons and issues that make people want to either have an additional secure backup or doesn't allow them to back it up safely for themselves. For those Kazinsal's offer is a very nice alternative. and 500k isn't really much once you have an ID filled with vessel registrations you really don't want to lose.

You are exactly right. I am sure he is not intentionally taking advantage of anyone and I apologize for that.

And granted, there may be good reasons that someone may need to pay him 500K credits a month for storage of their accounts. .

So Senshi, since you feel that this is a good deal, will you be paying him 500K / month to store your game accounts when it can be done for free?

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Soul Reaper - 07-05-2010

This is a very nice service come to think of it, **** happens, and something might happen to your accounts/HD/whatever. It's good to have them backed up somewhere

And not everyone has a place to back them up (I mean somewhere NOT on your computer that might get HD wiped/hacked/something bad.

and 500k/per account isn't much

I'd currently have given my account to Kazinsal for 6 months and would've paid already...but

Te be honest, my files are currently backed up in my exteral HD, 2 flash drives, and 1-2 friends also have them backed up...but still, I'd a nice thing kazinsal is offering here, and if you don't have anywhere to back up your account files, I'd say use this.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Exsiled_one - 07-05-2010

I'd actually pay a mill a month to keep some of my dear chars active.

' Wrote:I'd actually pay a mill a month to keep some of my dear chars active.

The thing is, he is not keeping the characters active for you: Only backing them up.

He is only offering a backup account storage service.

At least that's what I am reading from his first post.

Quote:DISCLAMER: This service is intended to keep your accounts backed up, and only backed up. The service does not keep your accounts from being deleted for inactivity. Your backups may be deleted if you do not pay your fee after two weeks. You will recieve a notice one week after the beginning of the unpaid fee, and a final notice the day before the account is deleted. If the money is not paid that day with proof attached, the account will be deleted from our records, and you will be notified.