Discovery Gaming Community
Is Engine Kill Killed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Is Engine Kill Killed (/showthread.php?tid=4396)

Pages: 1 2

Is Engine Kill Killed - davfra - 11-02-2007

I`ve been taught to use engine kill to make a quick turn. I noticed that my speed goes no lower than 79 when I try this, which couldn`t really be described as engin kill.
Is this part of the mod?
The reason I ask is that when I use engine kill without the mod, I can cut my speed to zero.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Ion - 11-02-2007

.... engine kill doesnt slow you down, it keeps you at the same speed going the same direction, while you turn.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Mr_3ppozz - 11-02-2007

when you kill your engines to fast turn the speed should get to a max of -199 and 200 everything in between is possible...

When you say it wont go higher then 79 then you havent cut your engines. Try again, fly in a straight line, kill engine and turn... if your ship keeps going in the same direction its all good. Other way to test it is to use the Thruster. When you normally use thrust it takes you from 80 to 200, when you use it with engines killed it will take you to 200 and will slowly drop from their off.. it wont go back to 80 as normal

Is Engine Kill Killed - davfra - 11-02-2007

"When you say it wont go higher then 79 then you havent cut your engines"
Sorry to contradict you, but I said it won`t go lower. The point of the manoeuvre I was trying needs engine speed of zero.
I can`t get that with the modded game, but I can with un-modded.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Ion - 11-02-2007

you want 'reverse' not engine kill

Is Engine Kill Killed - Mr_3ppozz - 11-02-2007

Hmm... the absolute zero is made by just standing still.. default key: S

when you mean reverse, default key: X

for engine kill its default key: Z
Engine kill will get you in a straight line, and will keep you in that straight line for you to turn.
Reverse will let you go a bit backwards and you can turn.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Van - 11-05-2007

Also, there are some places I have noticed where engine kill simple does not work. Usually in a Cloud of some sort (dark matter, ice, whatever), though I do not remember any of those locations off hand.

Engine Kill works fine for me everywhere else, though.

Is Engine Kill Killed - sn!p3r - 11-05-2007

Sometimes i have to hit the engine kill button twice.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Jwnantze - 11-05-2007

what you could be noticing is that engine kill will not activate unless you are in free flight mode.

Is Engine Kill Killed - Skorp - 11-29-2007

I read somewhere in the rules that cruising and engine kill is forbidden in a fight...

Is it also forbidden when I run from an attacker and he engine kills with cruise speed to fire CDs? (this means that the fight has not yet started)