Discovery Gaming Community
Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Questions about weapon and equipment dealing (/showthread.php?tid=44562)

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - nuja - 07-30-2010

I was thinking to start some bussines and buy and sale cods, weapons and other equipment
so here are few questions:

1. Can i use TTR-1130 Series Pilgrim Slave Liner? (but i wona to RP him like TTR-1130 Series Pilgrim Ship)

2. Can i use Junker ID to do that kind of bussines? I kow that Junker ID alows me to trade but is it RP?

3. Can i buy weapons from fractions (not civilian) and then sell them to anyone who asks for them even if it is not alowed to him by Tech Chart? or i must be careful when selling that guns

4. Can i even buy some fraction guns from someone that dont need them anymore and RP it as i am buying junk from him?

5. If i can't buy and sell fraction guns can i civilian guns?

That should be all

Thanks anyone who help in advance!

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - Elven - 07-30-2010

1. Depends on your ID. Junker ID allows it, though.

2. It's fine, even good. Use it.

3. While you can, it's really discouraged. Use that only if you're able to grant permission for weaponry usage.

4. You can, you can't use them, though. Unless you get permission.

5. You can.

Thank you very much again

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - ProwlerPC - 07-30-2010

' Wrote:3. Can i buy weapons from fractions (not civilian) and then sell them to anyone who asks for them even if it is not alowed to him by Tech Chart? or i must be careful when selling that guns

' Wrote:3. While you can, it's really discouraged. Use that only if you're able to grant permission for weaponry usage.

It's more then just discouraged, it is against server rules. Only official faction leaders and their second in command can give permission for faction tech when required. For Elven's stipulation of; "Use that only if you're able to grant permission for weaponry usage." The only time this could occur for a Weapons Dealer char is if for some reason the leader of the official faction or the second command is a weapons dealer. So no you can't just sell faction weapons to anyone who needs them beyond being the middleman for those who, by the tech chart, can. Same with question 4, if the one selling you the guns doesn't have the ability to give permission then they can't sell them to you.

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - Seth Karlo - 07-30-2010

On the contrary Prowler, I gave the RP for Tic to buy two Colada Del Cid's a while back, and he got sanctioned for it, not me. I felt bad, but I wasn't sanctioned for it.

So you may not get sanctioned, but you're setting up for the other guy to be. Bit of a crap thing to do really.

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - Elven - 07-30-2010

' Wrote:It's more then just discouraged, it is against server rules. Only official faction leaders and their second in command can give permission for faction tech when required. For Elven's stipulation of; "Use that only if you're able to grant permission for weaponry usage." The only time this could occur for a Weapons Dealer char is if for some reason the leader of the official faction or the second command is a weapons dealer. So no you can't just sell faction weapons to anyone who needs them beyond being the middleman for those who, by the tech chart, can. Same with question 4, if the one selling you the guns doesn't have the ability to give permission then they can't sell them to you.
Selling doesn't mean using. Tech chart defines technology usage.

' Wrote:So you may not get sanctioned, but you're setting up for the other guy to be. Bit of a crap thing to do really.

Yea you are right that would be realy bad from me to other players but bad for bussines too

' Wrote:Selling doesn't mean using. Tech chart defines technology usage.

That is right too but i will not get in that kind of bussines, i will try make money from buying and seling neutral and civilian equipment
I was thinking will selling fraction guns harm me but now i see that it can harm others so no thanks to fraction guns saleing

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - Tenacity - 07-30-2010

Not usually a good idea to deal in faction weapons (yes, it's spelld FACTION, not fraction).

Most weapon dealers sell codename guns and high end generic equipment (nuke/screamer mines, paralyzer/sidewinder missiles, nova torpedo launchers, supernova antimatter cannons, etc. etc.). These items you can make a slight profit on if you find people who dont want to try and work up guard rep to buy them (or travel to coronado to buy them), but usually the bulk of your profit will be from codename guns.

Honestly, I dont think we need anymore weapon dealers, but if you'll at least roleplay the part and not use it as an OOC method of getting money, by all means, go ahead.

Questions about weapon and equipment dealing - William Frederick Cody - 07-30-2010

I think, that the most dealers here - including me, are NOT dealing in faction weapons. For example, i have only codename weapons, and some general equipment.

If i would deal in faction weapons, i guess i would lost the overview in short time. And how do you want to make profit from said faction guns?

You can make my money, because:

a) The way to the stuff (i.e. equipment like thruster, shield, scanner and upgrade) sucks time, and someone (not all people) want to pay you for that saved time.

b) Your stuff is relatively rare - like codename weapons.

A reason is needed, why customers come to you. In NY, where i deal, neither good scanners and shields, nor a top thruster or an uni upgrade 8 ist to find.

If you want to sell faction weapon, sell them there, where they are needed, but are not offered at a base.

Only a hint.

Yours,

~William Frederick Cody

' Wrote:Not usually a good idea to deal in faction weapons (yes, it's spelld FACTION, not fraction).
:$

' Wrote:Honestly, I dont think we need anymore weapon dealers, but if you'll at least roleplay the part and not use it as an OOC method of getting money, by all means, go ahead.
Well i wonted to deal equipment just for fun not for making money
And i wona to find out how hard is to make sucesful bussines but it is just idea for now

' Wrote:I think, that the most dealers here - including me, are NOT dealing in faction weapons. For example, i have only codename weapons, and some general equipment.

If i would deal in faction weapons, i guess i would lost the overview in short time. And how do you want to make profit from said faction guns?

You can make my money, because:

a) The way to the stuff (i.e. equipment like thruster, shield, scanner and upgrade) sucks time, and someone (not all people) want to pay you for that saved time.

b) Your stuff is relatively rare - like codename weapons.

A reason is needed, why customers come to you. In NY, where i deal, neither good scanners and shields, nor a top thruster or an uni upgrade 8 ist to find.

If you want to sell faction weapon, sell them there, where they are needed, but are not offered at a base.

Only a hint.

Yours,

~William Frederick Cody

Thank you for advice