Discovery Gaming Community
Opportunity for some real world pocket money :) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Opportunity for some real world pocket money :) (/showthread.php?tid=44676)

Opportunity for some real world pocket money :) - Angelfire - 08-06-2010

Hey thar Disco fans. I thought I would swing by and give some o' you a shot at a project that just came across my desk.

I need tenders on an interactive website that can log participants into a database and grant them awards and achievemnets.
Much like most MMO websites.
I particularly like the look and feel of StarCraft 2.

It's for a Youth Church who would like to have a fun environment for home church groups to log in and communicate through. They have about 500 000 members world wide so web is obviously the best place to get them together in the same place.

The achievements are things like:
Hosting a band or DJ etc.
Running a Soup kitchen for a month.
Writing a short book.
Getting a degree.
Finishing High School.
Reporting Tenacity to the police.
Cool stuff like that.
etc.

The site needs to be very art and color intensive, basically a smaller version of SC2's website and interface. Same poppy, bright colors. Epic Artwork... etc.
Angels with Swords...
It's a lot of work.

I'll probably start getting agencies to tender for the job towards the end of August but I thought it might be cool to see if any youngsters come up for the challenge.

(Especially since I have a soft spot for Disco).

We'll handle the hosting and maintenance here in South Africa, the tender is purely for the creative, interface and databasing/achievements solution.

I need a Flash version, HTML Version and stand alone launcher.

Anyhoo.

Mail me some links to any previous work you may have done or ask questions here.
revthump@gmail.com

Preparation + Opportunity = Luck.

Another idea might be to put together a dev team and use the USD10K for a Disco upgrade of some sort?

I would just like to make it clear that this is an opportunity for those who might be talented but never get a chance to show it. We have plenty of designers in South Africa.

This is just something I wanted to do from when I joined Disco but was unable to at the time.

Better late than never:).

kthxbai.

Note: My Disco silence has been due to "Nose to the Grindstone" syndrome. 2009 nearly sunk my company and I've been plugging holes like a madman.

My plans to do Games and Sci-fi movies are still pumping in my heart.. just gonna take a leetol longer than I anticipated.;)
(My next project is The Boer War - lots of fun but sadly not Sci fi yet).

Blog is www.revthump.blogspot.com
Twitter is @revthump

Opportunity for some real world pocket money :) - swift - 08-07-2010

I'm just gonna go ahead and give this thread a tiny bump because I think it might be interesting to some who've missed it.

Anyways, An<strike>us</strike>gelfire, this is a very nice thing to do and a sign of affection you have for this community and I want that to be clear to you in the case that noone replies to the thread.

Opportunity for some real world pocket money :) - Chenzo- - 08-07-2010

Most interesting, I myself don't have the skills or patience for such things, however, a friend of mine who is a on/off Discovery player will certainly get a link to this.