Discovery Gaming Community
To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals (/showthread.php?tid=44833)

Pages: 1 2

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Agmen of Eladesor - 08-09-2010

---Incoming Transmission---
---Max DeVirgo, Guildmaster---
---BHG|Core-Guildhall, Omega-56---

Greetings and salutations!

We have an issue where a ship and crew is apparently - or possibly, anyway - infected by the Wild. We have deemed themm to be potentially too dangerous to dock at any of our facilities, because of the possibility that they are infected, after all.

We would like to make arrangements where this ship and crew can be studied by your people for a period to determine whether or not they are infected. You would be able to run all the experiments you need upon them, to determine this. If at the end of this period you determine them to be infected, then we would expect you to dispose of the remains discretely. And of course, if at the end of the period you found them to be normal humans - even with severe psychological trauma - then you could insure that they were treated and 'released'.

Please contact me about this on this channel. The subject involved is exhibiting signs of extreme paranoia.

---End Transmission---

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - jxie93 - 08-10-2010

*** Transmission_Received ***
*** Encryption_Level = Moderate ***
[color=#000000]*** Uplink_Established ***

Comm ID = Ashley Belle
Receiver = [color=#cccccc]Guildmaster DeVirgo
[color=#ff6666]
Hello there Guildmaster DeVirgo, you have reached H&S Executive Coordinator Cabulb's personal assistant Ashley Belle. I'd like to thank you for contacting Cryer Pharmaceuticals.

I'll reroute your message through the official channels of the executive level straight away. Please be patient in your wait for a reply as they're usually extremely busy with company matters. However, expect a swift reply would soon be made from Mr Cabulb since he's responsible for the appropriate treatment of possible contaminants and suspicious materials coming to Cryer facilities.

I thank you again for your patience and cooperation sir and I hope our organisations continue to work towards a brighter future.

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%]*** Uplink_Closed ***
[color=#000000]*** Transmission_Terminated ***
[color=#ffcc33]

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - jxie93 - 08-11-2010

[color=#000000]*** Encryption_Level = High ***

[Image: 3diti.jpg]
[color=#ff9900][color=#cc9933]Greetings Guildmaster DeVirgo, I'm pretty sure I've heard of your name before... perhaps it was from one of those morons who're supposed to protect our facilities at Cambridge Research Station.

Anyway, pleasantries and formalities aside, I'm a busy man and I want to get this over and done with as quick as possible. Though this seems like a delicate situation, I'll have to be blunt with you - so YOU want US to take in YOUR supposed infested pilots, which could pose a possible security threat and likely contamination, into OUR facilities just like that? Would you just pick up some bums off the street, send them to your most valuable labs and test them for STD's? I don't think so.

Your initial request is hereby denied. I don't care if you're Max Cryer himself. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, is going IN or OUT of any Cryer Pharmaceuticals installation without being inspected according to the strictest Health & Safety regulations and my permission.

Now, to make your life easier, I'm going to have my secretary to send over some Do-It-Yourself questions you can complete and give us some basic ideas about your pilots. Upon their completion, we can arrange taking your subjects to an isolated location for a more thorough inspection by our most experienced inspection team - supervised by myself on this unique occasion.

ASHLEY! Upload those forms right now, highlight the essential parts and order me an extra large iced coffee from Sunbucks!

*** Uplink_Closed ***
*** Transmission_Terminated ***

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Agmen of Eladesor - 08-11-2010

Actually, having you meet this miscreant at a secure location is also perfectly acceptable to the Guild. Our 'insurance' plan is perfectly capable of paying for the needed studies on he and his crew, so that you can determine one way or the other whether or not he is infected, or is merely insane. I have made arrangements for a payment of 50 million credits to cover your initial costs to be made available, simply notify my clerk of the appropriate account to transfer funds. More funds are available, of course.

You're probably more familiar with my predecessor, Guildmaster George Graves. I believe that you'll find the article in the Journal of Sirius Medicine regarding his recent incident and loss of actual physical body except for the brain. I'm told it makes fascinating reading.

Max

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - jxie93 - 08-12-2010

Comm ID = Ashley Belle
[color=#ff6666]
Hello again, Guildmaster. I do apologise for Coordinator Cabulb's harsh attitude if he had offended you, he has been under a great deal of stress recently due to his enormous workload and had not been properly... nourished.

Anyway, here's the standard Sirius Health & Safety Regulation form required for your proposal, please fill it out thoroughly and truthfully. Also, include any extra information where applicable. I've helped to fill the basics and you just need to answer the essential questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transport of Hazardous/Contaminated/Infectious Materials (Class A inc.) from Non-registered Parties to Established Experimental Facilities

[color=#000000]Section A
[color=#000000]Requested By: Executive Coordinator Felix Cabulb, Health & Safety Department, Cryer Pharmaceuticals

Completed By: Guildmaster Max DeVirgo, BHG|Core-Guildhall, Bounty Hunters Guild

Date: 12.8.818

Section B [color=#000000]

Name of Vessel:

Classification of Vessel:

Registry Code of Vessel:

Compliment of Vessel:

Name of Commanding Officer:

Name of Second in Command:

Size of Cargo Hold:
Section C

[color=#000000]Material/Subject Characteristics and Classification:

Name of Material/Subject (Commercial and Experimental):

Quantity of Material/Subject:

Name, Classification and Type of Container:

Security Grade of Container:

Safety Grade of Container:

Radioactivity of Material/Subject:

Type of Transfer (Exclusivity):

Risk of Transfer:

Is the material an excepted quantity as defined by Sirius Health & Safety Regulations?

Hazardous materials stored in manner to segregate incompatibles substances?

Work areas where hazardous materials are stored or used are clearly identified?

Hazardous waste storage areas are separate & clearly identified?

Hazardous waste storage areas are able to contain spills or leaks?

Material Safety Data Sheets are readily available to employees for hazardous materials in their work areas?

Emergency communications frequencies are located in hazardous materials work areas?

Signs prohibiting smoking, eating or drinking are clearly posted in hazardous materials storage, handling and use areas?

Working areas used for the storage, handling and use of hazardous materials are adequately ventilated?

Locations of utility shut-offs are clearly identified?

Appropriate personal protective equipment such as goggles, face shields, gloves and aprons are available?

First aid kits are available and fully stocked?

Cargo hold has adequate barriers to prevent container-roll-off or tip-over?

Spill clean-up materials are readily available and clearly identified?

Eye wash & emergency shower stations are provided in work areas where corrosives are used?

Personnel are trained in emergency procedures?

"No Smoking" rule strictly enforced?

Are all areas of the vessel, including relevant outside areas adequately lit?

Have excessive glare and reflections have been eliminated?

Are workstations properly positioned to make the best use of natural light?

Is local lighting provided to workstations where necessary?

Is emergency lighting provided,with an independent power source which activates automatically when normal lighting fails?

Does emergency lighting provide enough light?

Is the vessel too noisy?

Is noise reduced at source by the provision of properly designed,well maintained and adjusted tools or machines?

Are noise levels reduced by the use of sound-absorbent materials?

Can the source of any excessive noise be enclosed or isolated?

Is suitable hearing protection provided if noise levels cannot be reduced by any other means?

Is the vessel too hot or too cold?

Can measures be taken to control temperature extremes?

Are ventilators, fans or air conditioners provided to ensure a consistent flow of fresh air?

Is machinery and equipment which generates heat or fumes isolated or enclosed?

Are adequate extraction systems fitted to machinery or equipment,or is local exhaust ventilation provided where necessary?

Are ventilation and extraction systems regularly cleaned and maintained to ensure their efficiency?

Are appropriate and convenient storage racks provided for tools, raw materials,parts and products?

Are there enough waste receptacles or containers of adequate size?

Is there provision for proper drainage of waste water or other liquids?

Are all staircases secure and fitted with suitable handrails?

Are ladders,platforms,crawling boards and other equipment for working at heights in good repair and suitable for the task?

Are all fragile roofs and surfaces clearly identified?

Have measures been taken to prevent falls into vessels containing dangerous substances?
Section D
[color=#000000]What is the purpose of the transfer?

Is the material/subject in violation of any house/sovereignty/territorial law?

What is the material/subject's original affiliation?

What is the material/subject's original location of discovery/production?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concludes the form, thank you for your patience and cooperation.

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%]*** Uplink_Closed ***
*** Transmission_Terminated ***
[color=#ffcc33]

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Agmen of Eladesor - 08-13-2010

Holy Crap - this is more paperwork than we need to build a new space station, or at least more than I normally have to fill out. All righty, let's dig through this...

Transport of Hazardous/Contaminated/Infectious Materials (Class A inc.) from Non-registered Parties to Established Experimental Facilities

[color=#000000]Section A

[color=#000000]Requested By: Executive Coordinator Felix Cabulb, Health & Safety Department, Cryer Pharmaceuticals

Completed By: Guildmaster Max DeVirgo, BHG|Core-Guildhall, Bounty Hunters Guild

Date: 12.8.818

Section B
[color=#000000]Name of Vessel:

Imitator

Classification of Vessel:
Mako Battleship

Registry Code of Vessel:
BG-409-A

Compliment of Vessel:

Name of Commanding Officer:
Mimic

Name of Second in Command:
Mimic

Size of Cargo Hold:
1500 Metric Tonnes

Section C
[color=#000000]Material/Subject Characteristics and Classification:

Name of Material/Subject (Commercial and Experimental):
All personnel from BG-409-A, Imitator, plus ship

Quantity of Material/Subject:
1 ship, 225 (or any remaining surviving) personnel

Name, Classification and Type of Container:
Imitator - Mako Class Battleship

Security Grade of Container:
N/A

Safety Grade of Container:
N/A

Radioactivity of Material/Subject:
N/A

Type of Transfer (Exclusivity):
Docking of unit at your facility, under guard, pending investigation

Risk of Transfer:
High - subject potentially infested

Is the material an excepted quantity as defined by Sirius Health & Safety Regulations?
Under SHSR code 14, subsection 3, material is considered experimental and not subject to quantity requirements.

Hazardous materials stored in manner to segregate incompatibles substances?
N/A

Work areas where hazardous materials are stored or used are clearly identified?
N/A

Hazardous waste storage areas are separate & clearly identified?
N/A

Hazardous waste storage areas are able to contain spills or leaks?
N/A

Material Safety Data Sheets are readily available to employees for hazardous materials in their work areas?
Yes

Emergency communications frequencies are located in hazardous materials work areas?
Yes - upgraded secure neural network communication also available

Signs prohibiting smoking, eating or drinking are clearly posted in hazardous materials storage, handling and use areas?
N/A

Working areas used for the storage, handling and use of hazardous materials are adequately ventilated?
Yes. Note that work areas are also equipped for venting to zero atmosphere for containment.

Locations of utility shut-offs are clearly identified?
Yes

Appropriate personal protective equipment such as goggles, face shields, gloves and aprons are available?
Note also that addintional PPE, including body armor, sidearms, and light duty cannons are available for use as well.

First aid kits are available and fully stocked?
Yes

Cargo hold has adequate barriers to prevent container-roll-off or tip-over?
N/A

Spill clean-up materials are readily available and clearly identified?
Yes. Note bio-waste containers also available for disposal of infected tissue.

Eye wash & emergency shower stations are provided in work areas where corrosives are used?
Yes

Personnel are trained in emergency procedures?
Yes

"No Smoking" rule strictly enforced?
Yes. Note that incineration of infected tissue is not considered a violation of this rule.

Are all areas of the vessel, including relevant outside areas adequately lit?
All lighting meets SHSR Code standards.

Have excessive glare and reflections have been eliminated?
Yes

Are workstations properly positioned to make the best use of natural light?
N/A - no natural light sources available due to containment protocols

Is local lighting provided to workstations where necessary?
Yes

Is emergency lighting provided,with an independent power source which activates automatically when normal lighting fails?
Yes

Does emergency lighting provide enough light?
All lighting meets SHSR Code standards.

Is the vessel too noisy?
All noise levels meets SHSR Code standards.

Is noise reduced at source by the provision of properly designed,well maintained and adjusted tools or machines?
All noise levels meets SHSR Code standards.

Are noise levels reduced by the use of sound-absorbent materials?
Yes - gags have been used as necessary to quiet unruly crewmembers.

Can the source of any excessive noise be enclosed or isolated?
Yes - excessive noise can be quieted by exhausting atmosphere from any location where infected test subjects are located.

Is suitable hearing protection provided if noise levels cannot be reduced by any other means?
Yes

Is the vessel too hot or too cold?
No.

Can measures be taken to control temperature extremes?
Yes.

Are ventilators, fans or air conditioners provided to ensure a consistent flow of fresh air?
Yes - with the clarification that all air is recirculated, due to study location being a space station.

Is machinery and equipment which generates heat or fumes isolated or enclosed?
Yes.

Are adequate extraction systems fitted to machinery or equipment,or is local exhaust ventilation provided where necessary?
Yes. Also external exhaust of all atmosphere is available as an option.

Are ventilation and extraction systems regularly cleaned and maintained to ensure their efficiency?
Yes.

Are appropriate and convenient storage racks provided for tools, raw materials,parts and products?
Yes. Also meat hooks are available for storage of infected bodies.

Are there enough waste receptacles or containers of adequate size?
Yes.

Is there provision for proper drainage of waste water or other liquids?
Yes.

Are all staircases secure and fitted with suitable handrails?
Yes.

Are ladders,platforms,crawling boards and other equipment for working at heights in good repair and suitable for the task?
Yes.

Are all fragile roofs and surfaces clearly identified?
N/A

Have measures been taken to prevent falls into vessels containing dangerous substances?
Yes.

Section D
[color=#000000]What is the purpose of the transfer?

Study by Cryer scientists to determine if crew and/or vessel is infected by Nomad or Wild.

Is the material/subject in violation of any house/sovereignty/territorial law?
Potentially, depending upon the determination of the scientists, as well as the acceptable definition of sovereign territory for certain groups.

What is the material/subject's original affiliation?
Bounty Hunters Guild

What is the material/subject's original location of discovery/production?
Ship built at Alabama Shipyard, Omega-56. Infection occurred during mission / operations in Omega-58.
This concludes the form, thank you for your patience and cooperation.

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - jxie93 - 08-14-2010

Comm ID = Ashley Belle

[color=#ff6666]Thank you for your patience and honesty, Guildmaster. You'd be pleased to know that your request has been approved and redirected to one of our senior expert xenologists. Expect a reply from them soon, I'm sure they're more than excited to get their hands on a fresh spcimen of possible infested human.

My part here is done, Coordinator Cabulb will be contacting you directly from now on as he'll be personally supervising this transfer and experiment. It was my pleasure to handle your request and I hope our factions can cooperate once again in the future.
[color=#000000]<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%]*** Uplink_Closed ***
[color=#000000]*** Transmission_Terminated ***

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Bakamono - 08-15-2010

>>>Incoming Burst data: Corporate Transponder Codes..
>>>Source: Sigma 17...Theta..Tracking..
>>>Flags: Bounty Hunters Guild, Core, Infection, Evaluation, Assessment.
Thank you, Exalted Guildmaster for your patience and attention to detail in these grave matters. Having enjoyed the guilds protection and services for what seems like forever we would be thrilled to aid your institution and accept your assistance in the evaluation and treatment of the pilot in question.
I see Felix has dealt with the important legal matters; so I'€™ll try and make sure we cover any other salient points.
This '€œImitator'€ pilot '€“ May I ask what it is that leads you to suspect their possible infestation? (Apart from the aforementioned paranoia) Are they displaying typical symptoms?
Do they occasionally have glowing eyes? Have violent episodes?
Saying things like '€œwhy are we fighting these aliens anyway guys?'€
As you can imagine this talk of a possibly infected member of the guild has sent more than a murmur through our ranks with its scientific potential as well as its implicit scandal. It is our hope that this dirty business might bring our organisations closer with a mutually beneficial exchange of not solely services; but of information. We are aware of your usual, efficient, diplomatic stance but this extraordinary situation, we feel, demands a regretfully more complex solution.
If you could assist us in making sure that '€˜friendly'€™ traffic to, from and around our position in the Sigmas remain unmolested during the course of this programme we would, of course, be financially grateful.
Arriving at a space near you soon, Betchell.
>>> Signal Source Null..

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Agmen of Eladesor - 08-18-2010

Thank you for your response to this issue.

Captain Mimic and the Imitator were on a mission to Omega-55 and Omega 58 to study and capture the Wild. This is obviously a rather dangerous mission, which is why we sent such an experienced (mutters under his breath) - and expendable - set of ships. There were originally 3 ships of this class operating there.

We started receiving regular data reports from these ships, including their encounters.

Then we received automated distress signals, and a final report that all of the ships had been lost, with two of them confirmed as having been captured by the Wild. We received nothing further from them, and our search and rescue units found no trace.

Suddenly Captain Mimic showed up in Omicron Delta with his ship, supposedly all battle damage repaired and his ship and crew fully functional. We have no records of him at any of our dockyard facilities getting repaired, we have no records of he or his crew in any of our medical facilities, and we have him exhibiting extreme paranoia and hostility towards the established Guild leadership.

We suspect that he is infected, and that the Wild have sent he and his crew back into our space as part of a nefarious plot by them to weaken us and gather intelligence so that the Nomads can commence another attack upon humanity. Until we - or you - can prove that he is NOT infected, then we have to assume that he is hostile and deny him docking and supply privileges. Apparently the Zoners are also concered about this as well, as they are doing the same.

His behavior is extreme paranoia, extreme violence, and even though he is a ship commander with a commission granted by the Guild, he is exhibiting a complete disregard for the Guild standards. Quite frankly, we haven't gotten close enough to him personally to tell whether his eyes are glowing on their own, or if what we see from them is simply a reflection off of them from lights on his bridge. So far all contact with him has been electronically.

As for sharing of information - we certainly have and maintain both storage and research facilities for both Nomad and Wild eqiupment in our own secure facilities. It would not be beyond reason to expect us to share some of our research with you, to show you some of what we have discovered.

FILES ATTACHED:
Nomad Blaster Cannon Research
Nomad Equipment Mounting on AP-18100 Bounty Hunter Very Heavy Fighter
Nomad Organ Tissue Study Results
Wild Brain Dissection Tissue Study Results

---End Transmission---

To: Atka Research, Cryer Pharmaceuticals - Mimic - 08-23-2010

Attention...................

The Imitator has been docked at Atka
Mimic is in the waiting room, awaiting
someone to see to him. Best you hurry though
as he wont wait all day.

Here are Guncams of his ship arriving there.

------UPLOADING------

------PRESS PLAY------

**SIGNAL LOST**