Discovery Gaming Community
Is it wrong with me... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Is it wrong with me... (/showthread.php?tid=45061)

Is it wrong with me... - Foochow - 08-13-2010

Help pl0x, I have huge but huge lags when I try to enter server. I can't even fly good and I need wait for like 20 mins to enter JH. Is this wrong with me or server? Please help. Btw DS Launcher told me that GC server was offline about hour ago. Is it crash or just restart?

Is it wrong with me... - Mickk - 08-13-2010

' Wrote:Help pl0x, I have huge but huge lags when I try to enter server. I can't even fly good and I need wait for like 20 mins to enter JH. Is this wrong with me or server? Please help. Btw DS Launcher told me that GC server was offline about hour ago. Is it crash or just restart?

Nope it's you I'm thinking.

According to this -> Server uptime thingy that one or two of the Admins have in their sigs the server hasn't been down for quite some time.

The red line shows the last time the server was down for any time at all.

I would check to see what programs are running in the background that *might* be using your Internet connection.

There have been one or two times I have forgotten to turn off 'Bittorrent' and it played havoc with my connection freelancer wise.

Also having your browser open while playing may cause lag.

Is it wrong with me... - Foochow - 08-13-2010

I just have FLAM, Fraps and DS Launcher turned on, i think it's problem with this lapotop... At other laptop connection is perfect

Is it wrong with me... - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 08-13-2010

' Wrote:I just have FLAM, Fraps and DS Launcher turned on, i think it's problem with this lapotop... At other laptop connection is perfect
The server doesn't like your installation on that PC appearently. Thats why it keeps kicking you. Uninstall everything Freelancer related. Remember to note down your Freelancer account ID.

Install Freelancer completely fresh. Download and install FLMM 1.3. Not a higher version, but use version 1.3.
Download a FRESH copy of the FULL Discovery 4.85 Mod. Install it in FLMM and activate it.

Start Freelancer Discovery from the shortcut, not from FLMM. Select Multiplayer from the menu, then let the Discovery Mod update to update 3. Freelancer will restart. Then try to go online.

Untill you have done this, I am pretty sure the server will keep on disliking your installation.

A & L Guy

Is it wrong with me... - Mickk - 08-13-2010

Do what A&L guy said, that should fix any problems with your FL install.

Also, unless your laptop has a fair bit of power and unless you really need it to be running shut down FRAPS.

From memory, back in the dark ages, running FRAPS and well, just about any game, on-line or not, FRAPS would chew up much needed resources.

I don't know if that would be the case these days, but if you still have problems, that could be one of the problems.

Remember, before you do *ANYTHING* with your FL installation or FLAM, for goodness sake WRITE DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT ID/S!

Is it wrong with me... - Foochow - 08-14-2010

I think it was for my connection.. Friday 13th... irony... I saw that when i was downloading torrent, both laptops had download speed of 50kb but normal is 400kb, and browser was opeining really slooow. So I'll Install FL again, can i haz link for new fresh copy of 4.85?

Btw: This laptop has 1.20ghz processor and about 200GB free space on C:\

Is it wrong with me... - Dantrithor - 08-14-2010

www.pingtest.net

It gives a good overall view on how your network performs.

Your problem most likely related to high packet loss rate, by what you explained. That can cause an aparent lag of minutes, delay on your sentences appearing in the server, etc.

If the packet loss is the problem, it may be related with a problem with your wireless adapter, or antenna. Or low signal quality.

Is it wrong with me... - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 08-15-2010

' Wrote:I think it was for my connection.. Friday 13th... irony... I saw that when i was downloading torrent, both laptops had download speed of 50kb but normal is 400kb, and browser was opeining really slooow. So I'll Install FL again, can i haz link for new fresh copy of 4.85?

Btw: This laptop has 1.20ghz processor and about 200GB free space on C:\

You really need to explain the reasoning for your thread to me now..

You had the high ping and lag on the DiscoveryGC gameserver. You then found out that your torrents ran real slow, and your webbrowser took a lot of time to load pages from websites. And yet you asked if it was the server or you that was at fault ?

Also - Do not download torrents while trying to play on Disco. It will induce lag on your char. If you are on a connection that is shared with other members of your household and they are torrenting, while you are playing on Disco, that will also induce lag on your char.

The official download link for the full 4.85 mod is here : http://www.moddb.com/mods/discovery-freela...er-v485-reunion

A & L Guy

Is it wrong with me... - Disparagess - 08-15-2010

Yeah, don't torrent.

It REALLY lags you in FL.

Next time you play, just turn off everything else that would be using your internet connection. Then you'll definitely have no lag:P