Discovery Gaming Community
Playing FL on the TV - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Playing FL on the TV (/showthread.php?tid=45279)

Pages: 1 2

Playing FL on the TV - Jimothy - 08-17-2010

Firstly, sorry if this is wrong forum.

Second, my actually point of posting...
Right, I've got a new tele (32inch plasma, not best, but good), and once I can get a VGA or HDMI cable, will be playing FL on it through my laptop, now I just wonder, has anyone else played FL on a tele before, and if so, what's going to happen to my graphics as they get stretched to fill 32 inches...? Will they become to pixelated to bother with, or will the size and awesomeness make up for it?

Playing FL on the TV - Disparagess - 08-17-2010

Played it on a TV and projector.

The graphics are... Well, there's not that much difference really. The graphics do get stretched a little, but it's not really noticeable (Unless you really love your graphics)

I prefer to play it on a computer though. I don't like playing it on a TV... (When I tried it, I expected it to be really awesome, but then I was quite disappointed afterward...)

Playing FL on the TV - Foochow - 08-17-2010

I did, it its cool and graphics are pretty same... but they are better on my 22 inch monitor

Playing FL on the TV - Captain - 08-17-2010

I have a 32 led tv, if you want to play nit on htere, make sure you add -dx to yuor freelancer shortcut. so that it will use it full potential.

Playing FL on the TV - jxie93 - 08-17-2010

I happen to have dual output to a 24" monitor and 38" LCD so I can switch with ease. I tried it on the TV once and found it too hard to focus, I advice you to leave it on your monitor.

The aspect ratio will be the same or with little difference, so no stretching is done.

Playing FL on the TV - darthbeck - 08-17-2010

I played it on a 50 inch plasma screen, which was pretty awesome. its hard to focus though.

Playing FL on the TV - stardust47 - 08-17-2010

If I get a 3D TV, the first thing I iwll do is hook my PC up to it. And play FL.
IN 3-D!

Playing FL on the TV - thierry007 - 08-17-2010

It looks good on a TV i guess. 22Inch Widescreen LCD (I am forced to use it. ^^ TV acts also as my monitor works decently/good ) Everyone gets used to it. eventualy it is just to what you prefer and like. I liked Fl with this one looked pretty good.

Playing FL on the TV - Jimothy - 08-18-2010

Alritey, I found an old VGA cable, it's hooked up and ready to go, thanks for driving up the suspension, can't wait:D
@ 'Mike' I already have -dx on my FL shortcut, my lappy has a 16:9 widscreen, so same as the tele, so the only stretching I'll get will still be propotional and in the right ratio:D
*Leaves forums and heads to awesomeness*

Playing FL on the TV - Jimothy - 08-18-2010

Update:
AWESHUM
I can never turn back, it's just to epic, the sight of that lovely orange Dublin sky through the rubble around graves...
And jsut for info, running it 1366*786 pixels with 16x anti-allaising, and still get 60 FPS even during the most epic battles...

I HEREBY WIN!!!