Discovery Gaming Community
Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Proposition: Civilian Weapons (/showthread.php?tid=45666)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - bobeza - 08-24-2010

Guys, we need a civilian line of guns and turrets that would be accessible to all and that offers a wide array of middle class weaponry. I am SICK of using other faction's guns.

Here is what I propose:

Civilian Plasma Gun (lvl 8 and 9) - 600 dmg, refire rate 3.03, range 700, speed 650
Civilian Neutron Blaster (lvl 8 and 9) - 430 dmg, refire rate 4.0, range 700, speed 650
Civilian Tachyon Cannon (lvl 8 and 9) - 280 dmg, refirerate 5.88, range 700, speed 650

I am not good at balancing out the output values, but I still like the idea of having a wide array of civilian weaponry middle class in order to support the Vigilante, Freelancer, Researcher and other semi-lawful ID's like the Mercenary.

These weapons should require less energy to fire but they would sacrifice damage for that.

What do you guys think about this?

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Blaze - 08-24-2010

This has been proposed several times but we have not recieved any confirmation from any of the devs..

Only if mjolnir could give us some information..

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Rapur - 08-24-2010

' Wrote:Guys, we need a civilian line of guns and turrets that would be accessible to all and that offers a wide array of middle class weaponry. I am SICK of using other faction's guns.

Here is what I propose:

Civilian Plasma Gun (lvl 8 and 9) - 600 dmg, refire rate 3.03, range 700, speed 650
Civilian Neutron Blaster (lvl 8 and 9) - 430 dmg, refire rate 4.0, range 700, speed 650
Civilian Tachyon Cannon (lvl 8 and 9) - 280 dmg, refirerate 5.88, range 700, speed 650

I am not good at balancing out the output values, but I still like the idea of having a wide array of civilian weaponry middle class in order to support the Vigilante, Freelancer, Researcher and other semi-lawful ID's like the Mercenary.

These weapons should require less energy to fire but they would sacrifice damage for that.

What do you guys think about this?

They are too weak. And you dont need 5.88 gun because you have purple goddess chaingun which is almost the same, 280 damage but 6.67 refire rate and 700m/s speed. And the majority of the discovery players prefer 3.03 and 400 guns anyway.

I'd say:
4.00 gun : 475 damage 750m/s speed 700m range
3.03 gun : 630 damage 700m/s speed 700m range
2.00 gun : 950 damage 650m/s speed 700m range

They are not underpowered, but still weaker than any other faction gun.

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - bobeza - 08-24-2010

We need more civilian stuff! We need civilian gunships too, more fighters to choose from.

' Wrote:We need more civilian stuff! We need civilian gunships too, more fighters to choose from.

Ship selection is actually okay. I wouldn't change anything. (but I would remodel the ravens talon, it looks horrible)

EDIT: Actually, a gunship would be nice. but fighters are enough.

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Primitive - 08-24-2010

Civilian weapons and choices are meant to suck...it's civilian

Join a faction, of course some group with their own facilities for weapons and ships will have better, and civilians..are civilians:D

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Slartibartfast - 08-24-2010

' Wrote:Civilian weapons and choices are meant to suck...it's civilian

Join a faction, of course some group with their own facilities for weapons and ships will have better, and civilians..are civilians:D

Mercs aren't Civilians. Obviously. And black markets of Sirius not having top-notch equipment? Perlease.

The term "Factionlancer" springs to mind.

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Primitive - 08-24-2010

' Wrote:Mercs aren't Civilians. Obviously. And black markets of Sirius not having top-notch equipment? Perlease.

The term "Factionlancer" springs to mind.

Compare merc- civilian equipment to...freelancer transport equipment...

You can't compare black market with some faction own facility .

You have two options
1. Learn to play with civi guns...they are not bad as you think
2. Join a faction
3. Kiss ass on skype for month then ask faction for their guns, otherwise you won't get it

Proposition: Civilian Weapons - Korny - 08-24-2010

' Wrote:We need more civilian stuff! We need civilian gunships too, more fighters to choose from.

Civilians in gunships ? Riiiiight...

' Wrote:Civilians in gunships ? Riiiiight...

Civilian fighters/bombers are the same situation.