Discovery Gaming Community
Farmers' Alliance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Farmers' Alliance (/showthread.php?tid=4568)

Pages: 1 2

Farmers' Alliance - Ascendancy - 11-18-2007

Hello. I know I'm not such a big influential person on the Discovery forums. I mainly just spend my time on the server, being the hardcore Black Squadron officer that I am. But a thought occured to me: there's still one faction within Kusari that needs to be filled: The Farmers' Alliance.

I'm not trying to start a faction, just yet. I would just like to know if anyone would be interested in joining me in making a Farmers' Alliance group. If a faction were to be formed, we would be completely allied to the Black Dragon Society (our guard systems are interconnected and the info card says we're friends of them).

So, is anyone interested? Or this is just not a good idea to begin with...

Ascendancy

Farmers' Alliance - bluntpencil2001 - 11-18-2007

Make a Farmer's Alliance character and see how it goes.

I guess you'll be flying an Eagle, right?

Farmers' Alliance - Ascendancy - 11-18-2007

Yup, I'd be flying an Eagle, brimming with Vulture 4 Neutron Cannons.

Farmers' Alliance - LancerZero - 11-18-2007

I think this is a splendid idea. My plate's full, or I'd happily join you. I'm always looking for excuses to spend more time in Kusari; really like the place.

Farmers' Alliance - Juan_Arquero - 11-19-2007

Ascendancy: As Wakagashira (Black Dragon Society Captain with diplomatic authority), I would help you as much as I could, as I'm sure would my fellow Black Dragons. We could use some Farmers Alliance allies to help counter our mutual enemies.

' Wrote:I think this is a splendid idea. My plate's full, or I'd happily join you. I'm always looking for excuses to spend more time in Kusari; really like the place.
As long as Silvanus is visiting Kusari on behalf of the Gaians, I'm sure that you'll be welcomed by the Black Dragons. However, your visits by Lt. Barclay won't get such a friendly reception!

Farmers' Alliance - Equinox - 11-19-2007

Im all for factions that are on the Corsair side of the fence, way to many outcasts and outcast allied factions out there, would i join though? i already have way to many char's but i might make room for one more.

Blunt has a good point though, make a char and see how that goes before making a full blown faction.

Farmers' Alliance - P*Funk - 11-19-2007

Yes I am totally in favour of well RPed factions that fill a needed void. However the thing that still bugs me is that there are plenty of great RP relevant factions out there that need more people in them. I mean you can have a brilliant RP but what you have is the Worker's Front and the Black Lotus Syndicate and the UOG and a few others that are all hurting for active membership. Lots of veteran players are leaving and as such strong factions are also feeling a bit of a hit.

So really I think we need more involvement in the existing factions. There are lots of well thought out RPs that aren't getting any help due to low membership.

For the Corsair side of things theres the new Black Dragons who are Kusari but ally, I believe, with Corsairs since they are greatly opposed to the Outcasts et al. For the BLS (which I'm in) we have something like 5 players and have lost 2 and a ew have trouble getting online alot anyway. UOG is reorganizing cause they have lost 2 leaders since forming and almost all the original members. Worker's Front is new and represented mostly by 2 dedicated RPers, but still need to grow to be bale to threaten the already large RepEx. The RM is huge so much that they closed their ranks to new recruits but the SF and KNF are in need of lots of pilots.

To be honest about Corsairs and their allies... I don't think we need any more. I mean at almost every hour there are at least 3 online. Gamma is rarely empty. And if you attack Gamma a bunch of TBH or others spawn and kick some ass since membership is huge. There are a lot of Outcast factions but their numbers don't match those of the Corsairs I don't think. Plus there are great RPs out there that don't have the numbers to be as effective.

I love new ideas, but I think that we need to consolodate alot of the new ones that are already here. Slaver's Union, Worker's Union, Black Lotus, all need members. Many long standing factions need better numbers too. SSO is wondering where all its people went.:rolleyes:

Its just my take on it, not meant to sound like a rant or a quash. If I had time to dedicate to another faction I'd look seriously at an FM too. At the moment though it seems that everyone is begging for time in existing factions. I think we need to build up what we have so that we don't turn into a bunch of half filled factions that don't have time to really RP.

Farmers' Alliance - Dopamino - 11-19-2007

P Funk pretty much summed up everything I wanted to say. Basically, the Corsairs and their allies are huge enough already. Plus, there's a bunch of other upstart factions that need more support. Third, I don't many people want to RP a rice farmer that's pissed cuz everyone eats synth paste instead now.

Farmers' Alliance - Ascendancy - 11-19-2007

Well, I have an independent FA character being set up now.

If it wasn't fitting enough, I took the name from the famous Iron Chef. Masaharu Morimoto.:P

Farmers' Alliance - Monk - 11-19-2007

Love the name. That guy just plain cracks me up.

I think this could work. Give it some time though. Let the existing factions who need members build the ranks a little. We have plenty of new players coming in all the time. I'm sure some will find their way to an FA faction when the time is right.