Discovery Gaming Community
Lets all be nice. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Lets all be nice. (/showthread.php?tid=458)

Pages: 1 2

Lets all be nice. - Cardamine-=?=- - 12-24-2005

Right, just to set this straight:

I have no problems with anybody. Please cease this torrent of animosity that is flooding towards me. I play as a pirate, so what? Thats just me in game! Me and my clan haven't broken any rules (intentionally, anyway!) and as far as I know we're not insulting anybody on a personal level. So what is the problem?

Insults and unfounded accusations are what I don't want. I just want to play, and enjoy myself. If you have a gripe, post it here and I'll deal with it as an adult - leaving my ego to stew on the side lines planning his revenge on me. If not, lets post nice things about each other.

I'll start:

Wolfpack is great, because he's the admin and I'm terrified of him. Oh, Igiss too.

Lets all be nice. - Khuskan - 12-25-2005

I personaly are starting to feel people are biased and over-reactent to us, due to our quick success in the server. I can understand how this can feel intimidating, but all our profits, the huge player base we have and ships were gained legitimatly.

All targeted pirate attacks against neuteral and enemy traders were met, to my knowledge, to a fair and just cause, not taxing too much, so people can eaisly cover it. We have not broken any rules by using batteries or nanobots in any way. There are no server rules that exist about this at present, just ask Igiss.

Our huge player base were mostly brought in. We had about 8 players to start with, even before we found the server. We downloaded the mod, saw the server, and joined together to form the clan quickly. Sorted roles, started trading, and got rich at a fair speed.

The players on the server are great people, I've never had anything personal against any of you, and its all great fun to play with, except when people start to take it to seriously, and begin overexagurating and making themselves belive somthing unfair is going on. Admitadly, we all feel cheated on when we get killed by a more powerful ship, or are outnumberd, but it is just a game, and stratageys like this are what secure victory in any combat situation. After all, wheres the 'role play' element, if everyone is given a perfectly fair chance?

Now, can't we all just get on with our war plans, ambushes, piracy and such, and have good fun out of it?

Lets all be nice. - Cardamine-=?=- - 12-25-2005

An emotional post, though I gouged my eyes out and replaced them several times it was so boring.

Just kidding khu.

Lets all be nice. - Dab - 12-25-2005

We are not intimidatede by your accomplishments. AW has 8 systems and are larger than you. Why would we be intimidated. Same goes for SF and RM.

Lets all be nice. - Wolfpack98 - 12-25-2005

Dab,Dec 24 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:We are not intimidatede by your accomplishments. AW has 8 systems and are larger than you. Why would we be intimidated. Same goes for SF and RM.
[snapback]8551[/snapback]

Dab.. Dab.. Dab.. when are you ever gonna get this right?

The number of systems you own doesn't make he power of the faction. It's how they work COLLECTIVELY that makes the factions powre. :P

The amount of systems that you can defend and keep under your control dictates your strength along with your numbers and your pilots skill. If you have all those things in big quntities then you are strong.

Lets all be nice. - Kane - 12-25-2005

To quote "The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" (Great movie by the way)...

Quote:"Numbers do not win battles."
"No, but i'm sure they help."

If your fine with trying to win by drowning your enemy in your own blood, good for you. I preffer victory with overwhelming force (i.e. an entire battlefleet rolling over a fighter patroll).

Lets all be nice. - Wolfpack98 - 12-25-2005

Kane,Dec 24 2005, 09:28 PM Wrote:To quote "The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" (Great movie by the way)...
If your fine with trying to win by drowning your enemy in your own blood, good for you. I preffer victory with overwhelming force (i.e. an entire battlefleet rolling over a fighter patroll).
[snapback]8556[/snapback]

THAT right there, my friend, is a show of power.

THe number of systems one owns has nothing to do with this. "System ownage" is just a concept that has nothing to do with power. It's only for those who like egos. :)

Lets say someone takes a system then loses it. The someone else takes a system and is able to keep it. Which one is stronger?

My point made.

Lets all be nice. - Korrd - 12-25-2005

Quote:as far as I know we're not insulting anybody on a personal level. So what is the problem?
Well, bad languaje has no place here.
Believe me, sometimes, some people annoys me at a point where i have to bite my own tongue to avoid eating them alive, or insulting them... but i dont go down to the situation where i ease tentions by insulting people... So please, moderate your language here. There is no excuse to insult others...

Quote:  Lets say someone takes a system then loses it. The someone else takes a system and is able to keep it. Which one is stronger?
I have to disagree with you in this Dab. Battles are won because of tactics, not numbers. Numbers helps a lot, but dont won battles. Just because a faction can defend a lot of territory does not mean that they are more powerful that the others. Ive proven that A LOT of times in strategy games, where i won while outnumbered 2 to 1. (even 4 to 1 in age of empires II).