Discovery Gaming Community
Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? (/showthread.php?tid=46010)

Pages: 1 2

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Tensdale - 08-30-2010

I sold my Bretonia Royal Liner last thursday or friday, sent a PM to the buyer with information on which character to send the money to and movechar code for the ship.

He still hasn't claimed his ship nor transfered the money.

So I was thinking when does his guarantee forfeit? Because I can't wait several weeks for him. There is a reason why I was selling that ship... I need that money.

So when am I obliged to change the movehcar code and try to sell the ship again?

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Jimothy - 08-30-2010

I'd say you can set your own deadline, just send a PM to matey who bought it, saying he has another day or so, then if he doesn't pay and transfer the ship by then, your choice I guess.
After all, it's not a one sided deal yet, as in, he hasn't paid but not collected, everything is still even ground between you, so yeah, I'd say send him a deadline of your choosing.

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 08-30-2010

' Wrote:I sold my Bretonia Royal Liner last thursday or friday, sent a PM to the buyer with information on which character to send the money to and movechar code for the ship.

He still hasn't claimed his ship nor transfered the money.

So I was thinking when does his guarantee forfeit? Because I can't wait several weeks for him. There is a reason why I was selling that ship... I need that money.
So when am I obliged to change the movehcar code and try to sell the ship again?
If the buyer hasn't responded to messages in the sales thread or PM's and hasn't transferred any money to your account, within 7 days of saying he wanted to buy the ship, then I'd as seller say he has forfeited the chance of buying that ship.

Go ahead and sell it again. And if the old buyer transfers money to you suddenly, be sure to transfer them back right away, and take a screenshot of it. That way you can't be accused of a scam.

A & L Guy

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Zelot - 08-30-2010

Basically as far as the rules go, as long as the buyer hasn't transfered any money to you, you can sell it to anyone else. Once the buyer has transfered the money to you, then have to give it to him.

To be perfectly honest, it sounds like you have him a move char code before getting paid, which is a really bad way to do it, and can cause all sorts problems. Dont give out a move char code before you actually get paid for the ship.

A&L, 7 days? You're way too nice buddy.

' Wrote:A&L, 7 days? You're way too nice buddy.
Shaddapa'youface.. You are ruining my streetrep. If you continue with those lies, even Karlotta will like me.

A & L Guy

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Zelot - 08-30-2010

' Wrote:Shaddapa'youface.. You are ruining my streetrep. If you continue with those lies, even Karlotta will like me.

A & L Guy

But you're like a big, cuddly teddy bear.:$

' Wrote:But you're like a big, cuddly teddy bear.:$
Them thar is fighting words. Its ON!.. Secret weapon initialized...
.addbeampowers DustyLens
.release DustyLens
.target Zelot

A & L Guy

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Jimothy - 08-30-2010

' Wrote:Them thar is fighting words. Its ON!.. Secret weapon initialized...
.addbeampowers DustyLens
.release DustyLens
.target Zelot

A & L Guy

Well, it's his own fault, for some reason.

Ship sold - guarantee forfeit? - Blaze - 08-30-2010

A&L Send me a pic of yours.. I havent seen a teddy bear for a while..

' Wrote:A&L Send me a pic of yours.. I havent seen a teddy bear for a while..
I don't have no friggin' teddy bear. I am more an inflatable plastic sheep kindda guy.

A & L Guy