Discovery Gaming Community
One more idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: One more idea (/showthread.php?tid=46142)

Pages: 1 2 3

One more idea - Swallow - 09-01-2010

So here it is:
In game we have commodities as like food, water, h-fuel, oxygen and other.So why our characters dont use them?
Ill give an example:
You flying a fighter, it means that your ship needs h-fuel to be able to fly (1 unit for fighter per 24 hours maybe will be ok. Or make it proportional to the cargo space/ship mass) We can make 2 types of h-fuel, one only for trading (current) and one with a timer to make illusion of "burning" it when ship fly. Its like MOX or alien organisms, but here, one unit will be dissolving much slower.
So, if you have h-fuel you can fly, if no-you cant undock, or if your fuel will end in space you will be automaticly returned to the last visited base.

About oxygen-same as with the fuel but when it falling to zero, you just dying.

Food and water may be optional necessary, cause our characters could have something to eat and to drink when landing/docking;)

And i think i need to write about cardamine.
Let it be necessary to outcasts (id, iff).
If they becaming weaker without it, so why not to put some cardamine in cargo?
And if the drug is ending, the outcast pilot dying in some period of time.

That is all

One more idea - Avalanche - 09-01-2010

This Idea has been suggested in the past, the all you can't undock without some RP cargo kinda deal. It has had mix reviews. I personally like the idea, may give a warm welcome to beginners on the type of server it is before they even get to say their first words.

One more idea - Swallow - 09-01-2010

' Wrote:This Idea has been suggested in the past, the all you can't undock without some RP cargo kinda deal. It has had mix reviews. I personally like the idea, may give a warm welcome to beginners on the type of server it is before they even get to say their first words.

You know, if ill see someone who RP ing as like i posted upper, ill bless him or her, and i think that it would be the best momen in my Freelancer RP life.
Its not developers work to make players RPing, it is work of everyone who wants to enjoy the rp

One more idea - Balanar - 09-01-2010

Back when I flew a Juggernaut, I would always make sure my cargo flawlessly matched my RP; spick 'n span and all that. Now that I'm back to small ships (A cruiser is the largest thing I fly these days) I don't pay quite as much attention.

One more idea - Vergil - 09-01-2010

Why don't we make it so that any Outcast ID'd or IFF'd ships have to have atleast 1 unit of cardimine or they die slowly? Or make it so that you can't fly anything larger than a bomber without spaceship crew? Or make it so that Luxury Liners can't fly without Luxury Consumer goods? Or make it so that you need to buy an escape pod whenever you fly, or when you die, your character is deleted.

Why haven't we done these?

Because they are pointless, don't add to gameplay, and are tedious.

One more idea - Soul Reaper - 09-01-2010

I think this came up before,

however, it didn't get burned down..nor did it get totally accepted..but imo, it'd be nice to make RP cargo mandatory, including what Xelgion said.

Cardi should slowly drop for OC ID'd people...it'd be the best, once it hits 0, you'll have like 5-10 minutes to dock/get more..or your hull can go down or something, till it hits 0, but that's for Outcast. Same thing can be done for everyone else, O2, Water and all.

One more idea - Coin - 09-01-2010

i support this idea... but you can use
luxury food,
mox
plutonium

which are perishable commodities, and when they are gone, you need to buy some more. it is only the relative unavailability of these commodities that stops me from having a nice RP cargo all the time.

One more idea - Govedo13 - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:Well, what would be technically possible is to require fuel to use jump gates and jump holes. This requires server sides changes but they are not too difficult to do - actually pretty easy.

If we did it, I could see this working in the following way:

- Big miltary ships would require a lot of fuel to jump. Their internal storage capacity might be good for 4-6 jumps, may be less, may be more. Big military ships will *need* to take fuel transports with them if they intend to travel any great distance. They will need to defend these transports.

- Big transports would use not that much fuel. They are intended to be efficient transporters of goods and have efficient engines to match. Their internal storage capacity might be good for 20-40 jumps, may be less, may be more.

- Freighters and fighters, bombers would use very little fuel - if any at all. This will actually give an advantage to Freighter drivers - they cost much less to operate than transports.

- Where fuel (MOX? H3? Deut? Pluto?) is not available ships would need to buy it off other players. I see this creating lots of RP opportunities for people buying, selling and pirating fuel.

- When ships run out of fuel in omicron lost they'll need to call for resupply...the resupplier will probably charge lots to come out that way and top up the tanks.

- Also could make all ships work on all types of fuel - but some fuels work better (the ship uses less to jump) - and create greater demand for good fuels.

- Could make ships take damage through the JH/JG. Big military ships more damage, transports, etc less. Jump holes more damage than jump gates.

I see this helping to solve part of cap-whore problem...with this capital ships will need to work with transports just to move around and need fighters to defend the transports.

This idea has been discussed before. It may or may not be appropriate for this server. Personally I like it but I think the most of the community would need to be in agreement before it was implemented.

EDIT: I should note that when the ship passes through the JH/JG the server would deduct the appropriate amount of fuel from the cargo - the fuel doesn't need to be perishable. Also if a ship is out of fuel it could allow them to jump, but with a 50% chance of exploding or if they survive arriving at a random system...just a thought.
from here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...0fuel&st=10

Sad he can do it but it was not desired by some people in that time. It would be interesting to see how the people evaluate the idea now.

One more idea - Swallow - 09-02-2010

But what if we do flying without fuel, ox (food, water) OORP?
No...to crazy idea.

One more idea - Coin - 09-02-2010

just make water a perishable commodity... those who choose to rp can buy sufficient quantities for their journeys.