Discovery Gaming Community
A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders (/showthread.php?tid=46160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-02-2010

-( [color=#FFFFFF]Incoming Transmission )-
-( '€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢)-
-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
It's been a considerable span of time since we last communicated. While the trade in artifacts has been of a great financial boon to our organization I have, in recent times, felt that our resources might be of greater use to the Empire.

Furthermore, it's been some time since we've tended to the always fragile bonds of association.

If the Empire wishes we are standing by to negotiate another round of commercial exchange to rejuvenate our slowly cooling agreement.

-( Transmission Terminated )-

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 09-02-2010

[Image: DiscoMontezumaProfilepic-Copy-Copy2.png]

Hola,

What exactly did you have in mind?

We do indeed, as always in times of war, have need of those who can deliver food to our people, steel to our shipyards, and credits to our coffers.

[Image: MontezumaName.png]

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-02-2010

-( '€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢)-
-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
In the matter of food and steel we can accommodate you handsomely. Credits are just par the course.

The only specifics that would be requires are the desired source of the materials you request; foodstuff from Canaria for example, the locations to which you would have them delivered, from Crete to more exotic locations such as your holdings in 94, and the volume of inventory you believe your warehouses are capable of receiving at this juncture.

We'll take care of the rest.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 09-04-2010

Hola,

All food supplies should be brought from Kusari, more specifically, Samura or Farmers Alliance owned fields, the Zoners do not have the capability to produce food in quantities that come anywhere close to those of Samura and the Kusarian farmers. And we require extremely large quantities of supplies. It should be delivered to Crete, the exact location as yet undefined, you will be informed of it upon mooring.

On the other hand, it does not matter where the 'steel' originates, our engineers are supremely capable of melding technology from any origin into our ships. This is why we have prospered, and will continue to do so. The ship components, whether they be engine components, hull panels or any materials required in the ship building process should be delivered to Tripoli Shipyard. The materials will not be put into storage, but directly onto the construction line, so they should just be taken straight from your ships once they have moored.

Should you require exact quotas to fill, we can provide a list of the quantities of supplies that are most in demand.

We can offer little in the way of Credits as compensation, however, you may find that certain artifacts that are sold in vast quantities upon Crete to be more valuable than Credits. As it would seem that there is no shortage of demand for them elsewhere. Those should more than suffice as payment.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-04-2010

-( '€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢ )-
-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
As payment the offer of continued access to your artifact market is more than we could ask for.

As to quantities, yes, that would help. While some might suggest that the need is ongoing and the setting of benchmarks therefor irrelevant I have found that meeting an observable goal often serves to better illustrate progress made.

For better or for worse.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-06-2010

-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
*COUGH COUGH COUGH*

Oh was I still transmitting I am so sorry.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 09-07-2010

Hola,

While Crete is astoundingly rich in mineral resources, and we have vast manufacturing complexes churning out the materials needed to build ships and weapons, there are certain components that are easier acquired form other sources. These include such things as Quantum Multiplexors, Superconductors and other such complex pieces of technology, which are in much greater demand than more basic ship components. So, if you are able to deliver say... 30,000 units of Quantum Multiplexors and the same amount of Superconductors to Tripoli, things will move a lot smoother.

The other pressing concern is that a certain amount of the Cretan population are unable to feed themselves properly, as the earth of Crete, while rich in minerals, is not best attuned to growing crops. However, the problem can be negated by people such as yourselves. We have recently had trouble in a certain specific area not too far from the main civilian spaceport with people going hungry, as the warehouses designed to store food are almost empty. Said warehouses have the capacity to store up to 100,000 standard units of food rations. If your company can provide at least this quantity of food rations, you will have our gratitude, as well as that of the people.

We understand that tasks such as these are by no means small, and may take time to organise, so there is no great hurry for their completion.

I hope these figures will suffice for the time being. As what is more important is that commodities are delivered on a regular basis, not the quantities in total.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-07-2010

-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
Phenomenal.

Expect updates shortly.

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Tanker - 09-08-2010

Greetings to the Corsair People:

I have already begun the deliveries of the items that you desire. It has also been my pleasure to be able to visit Crete. I am attaching a small manifest of 2 of my deliveries.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/T...123/engines.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/T...ultiplexors.jpg

I have also brought a load of engine components. I am sure these also can be put to good use.

Jonathon Winchester III

A brief ado to the Corsair Council of Elders - Dusty Lens - 09-09-2010

-( Incoming Transmission )-
-( The IND )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
We've hit a snag.

The snag isn't really so much the issue that we're about to present. The snag is more that we're ordinarily accustomed to, ah, taking care of our own problems. But taking care of this particular problem might, in turn, impact on our arrangement with you.

To be succinct, Samura is demanding that we abstain from doing business with you, claiming a monopoly on commercial exchange with the Corsairs. Their playing card is attempting to have us outlawed from Kusari.

What we're essentially requesting is either that you cheerfully allow us free reign in making this problem go away or, perhaps, gently asking Samura to abstain from carrying on with their bravado.

Either solution would be fantastic.

[color=#CCCCCC]-(Data Packet
'€¢