Discovery Gaming Community
A new OOC punishment? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A new OOC punishment? (/showthread.php?tid=46161)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A new OOC punishment? - Nathan - 09-02-2010

When you sometimes get the occasional player who doesnt understand RP at all and carries on oblivious to the word. Instead of zapping their bank accounts. How about maybe they must write a Roleplay Biography on their charecter and show that they are then in the swing of RP.

This just popped in to my mind.

Any ideas? Maybe add more on to it?

A new OOC punishment? - DarthCloakedGuy - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:When you sometimes get the occasional player who doesnt understand RP at all and carries on oblivious to the word. Instead of zapping their bank accounts. How about maybe they must write a Roleplay Biography on their charecter and show that they are then in the swing of RP.

I think this is a very good idea, however, I think collateral would be a better idea-- fine their credits, then give them back if the bio is written.

A new OOC punishment? - Elven - 09-02-2010

No.
For example some people are good in in-game RP, yet they're unable to do proper forum RP.

A new OOC punishment? - Crackpunch - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:When you sometimes get the occasional player who doesnt understand RP at all and carries on oblivious to the word. Instead of zapping their bank accounts. How about maybe they must write a Roleplay Biography on their charecter and show that they are then in the swing of RP.

It all depends on how long the player has been on the server. Didn't a nomad cruiser rick roll a system?

A new OOC punishment? - Lobster - 09-02-2010

Quote:It all depends on how long the player has been on the server. Didn't a nomad cruiser rick roll a system?

that was during the event on another server with nomads open to everyone

A new OOC punishment? - mwerte - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:For example some people are good in in-game RP, yet they're unable to do proper forum RP.
They could just post a log of SSs of them being IC.

Not a bad idea, it'd have to be administered (see what I did there?) on a case-by-case basis, and would be rather hard to keep track of, but overall, worse ideas have been proposed.

A new OOC punishment? - Death.RunningVerminator - 09-02-2010

Forcing someone to do something they may not want to do, and then granting a harsher punishment if they don't? Sounds like Obama's communist ways have spread even to England!

D:

Srs bsns:

Nope.

A new OOC punishment? - Luis - 09-02-2010

Dude - few of the people here can't even write proper english. Its better to stay with the current punishment that we have.

A new OOC punishment? - Crackpunch - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:Dude - few of the people here can't even write proper english. Its better to stay with the current punishment that we have.

But it's an English only server....

They should be able to RP in English reasonably well.

A new OOC punishment? - Govedo13 - 09-02-2010

' Wrote:No.
For example some people are good in in-game RP, yet they're unable to do proper forum RP.
Indeed this and some just hate to write damn forum stories- it makes me look more Geek than I am.