Discovery Gaming Community
Question(s) about Gallia - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Question(s) about Gallia (/showthread.php?tid=46299)

Pages: 1 2

Question(s) about Gallia - The Joker - 09-04-2010

Gallic brigands' GB with pirate ID... Let's say I wanna use OC GB turrets on it or Zoner ones, or RH GB turrets. Any unlawful or Sirius-wide available, doesn't matter. So, am I allowed to?

Everyone knows that one can't "export" tech out of Gallia, but is it allowed to import "foreign" tech and mix it together?

I think is either allowed or it should be... I guess. What's your opinion folks?

Question(s) about Gallia - Elven - 09-04-2010

Better not to, of course 'till 4.86 comes out.

Question(s) about Gallia - Rema 'Pesas - 09-04-2010

depends on how you RP it, really. a gallic pirate could in theory get sirian guns, but you'd have to RP working with the factions to get the guns, obviously. Gallia has been open a while, and sirian technology is pretty to us.

I'd say yeah, it does make sense. I would check with one of the admins or summat first, myself, just to check.

Question(s) about Gallia - teschy - 09-04-2010

No, it shouldn't be allowed because the tech chart is quite clear. Gallia isn't exempt of it.

Why would you want to do that anyway? Are you Ench Mk II by any chance?

Besides, what's wrong with the Council turrets?

Question(s) about Gallia - jxie93 - 09-04-2010

In theory, one can import equipment from Sirius into Gallia. But there're complications and you can no longer say "I found it" or "some Junker sold it to me" - the tech chart. In RP, they'll be rare and expensive as a result, it'll only be believable if you had one or two. So no full Zoner turret Maquis gunboat.

Rules wise, you can't because of the tech chart. But you can make some interesting stories out of it and eventually a convincing SRP - which are closed at the moment.

Question(s) about Gallia - The Joker - 09-04-2010

' Wrote:(...)

Why would you want to do that anyway? Are you Ench Mk II by any chance?

Dude, I just got some ideas. No need to question, criticize (not saying that you do) or minimize anyone's attempt to make this game even more interesting. Help me get my answer or don't. No big deal.

Either way, that's why I'm asking people to hear the opinions before I do something potentially stupid... or not. Besides, why wouldn't I use Joker's relations with certain factions and mix tech that is mixable. If I am allowed to import, for example Molly guns, then I wanna do it.

Question(s) about Gallia - Slartibartfast - 09-04-2010

I reckon you could do that if there was an official Brigand faction as Brigand tech is white to Pirate ID. But there is no official Brigand faction at the moment, so I guess you'll have to wait for that. And besides, at least in this version, you'd have to stay in Gallia with it.

Question(s) about Gallia - casero - 09-04-2010

People will shoot you for those guns there, not that you would care at all heh:P

Outcasts are really really really really hated in gallia (I learned that with my Krakens). I don't know about Molly's but, remember that there are, in a big view, two sides in Gallia:

The Royal side shoots and will shoot any foreigner traspassing their territory, a lot more if you are a criminal.

The "evil" side even when you can be an enemy of the royals, they don't believe in the "enemy of my enemy is my friend", not when this new player is a criminal.

Basically you will get shot by two sides. You can get some agreement with another factions there, but it can't be so open, as in the end, either the council or the Royals will find out.

So, yes, you can go there, and this will be a nasty place xD

Question(s) about Gallia - Rema 'Pesas - 09-04-2010

just regarding the tech usage slarti was talkin about - according to Bear, if its white cell but theres no official faction, use it as a green cell. but dont go insane.

Question(s) about Gallia - Akura - 09-04-2010

Yes, you can use a Brigand GB with any Sirian guns that are White to you inside of Gallia with a Pirate ID.

Just prepare for roleplay concequences.