Discovery Gaming Community
Proposal And Resignation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Proposal And Resignation (/showthread.php?tid=46919)

Pages: 1 2

Proposal And Resignation - Doc Holliday - 09-15-2010

[Image: medforceoneheader.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Sirius Wide Broadcast, All Frequencies
Extra Waves To: The Corsair Nation; Zoner Frequencies
Encryption: None

John Holliday appears in his robes. He is visibly tired and distraught. His chamber is his backround

Greetings, Hola, Guten Tag and Konnichiwa,

I sit before you tonight after taking a long break to think, wondering what to do next. Although unintentionally, I have angered some of you. For most of you, this probably won't matter but to a few, it will.

He takes a drink of water from a glass to his right.

Recently, I have seen the Zoner way of life completely disrupted. We can't even undock, so it seems, without someone hunting us. First, it was Captain Cortez of the MNS Rosario, then it was the leadership of the [A] and most recently, the Corsair nation itself. Even the Crown of Bretonia has taken exception. My attempts at communication have all been turned back.

In this time, there was a savage attack on the Zoner base of Freeport 1, an attack that has cost many lives, many of them innocent men, women and children. I could only sit and watch the videos of the attack, unable to bring my own hospital to help due to the Bretonian blockade of our ships. To the Crown, I hope you can live with yourselves, taking out your hatred of one Zoner upon a whole nation. Their blood is on your hands.

He holds up a certificate, plainly readable to all.

This certificate is a certificate of death for an eight year old girl. She died, unable to get treatment. I received her body about an hour ago. There are many more like hers..........
He screamsCHILDREN!!

He again collects himself and continues

First, this will be my last act as the leader of the Temporary Autonomous Zoners. I am withdrawing TAZ from the Zoner Alliance. The reason being that upon the completion of this transmission, my resignation as Ambassador and membership is immediate. I will appoint no successor as I will let them decide for themselves who will fill in for me and if they want to be in the Alliance at all. TAZ folks have always been free spirited folks with little interest in politics. I will allow them to decide for themselves.

Next, to the Corsair nation, I make a proposal. In exchange for all bounties and hostilities dropped against the Zoners, I will offer myself up for arrest to face whatever charges you may have against them. The way I see it, I'm giving my own life for the lives of thousands.
It was I that befriended a member of the Coalition and I make no apologies for that. We have earned each other's mutual respect just as I have with many others to include in the past various leaders of other factions, many of them rivals. So, Senors, I await a response in kind.

To those who may care, I do realize that this could mean that I never return home but for me, it's the right thing to do if it saves thousands. My wife and daughter are safe. It is my hope that I see them again.

One last thing, I would like to see the squabbling end between factions and houses.
He takes a look towards the West, far, far away.
I've been looking this way a lot over the last year, monitoring a threat to us all, gathering intelligence. If you don't pull together, well, we will all be easy victims. I want you to think about that.

Thank you for your time,

Dr. John Henry Holliday

Proposal And Resignation - RockCrystal - 09-15-2010

Peter Kristall glances up from the controls of his repair ship, and punches the playback command. As he listens, he sighs heavily.
"Doc... "

---Responding in private transmission. Response heavily encrypted!---
Doc, it's me. I certainly understand your feeling, but please, for Midori's sake, don't give yourself up to that... rabble! At the very least, don't go in alone!

Proposal And Resignation - DodgeOld24 - 09-15-2010

>>> Automated voice message from the Barrier Gate station.

<The message begins with statics, combined with unintelligible parts of speech. A vague part of the talking is still hearable: 'useless freel-<static>..of s-<static>. The statics begin to clear up, and Santario clears his throat>

So. Doc Holiday is resigning. Most unfortunate, as I was just starting to change my opinion to the Zoners. Seeing the Zoners starting an open warfare with the Corsairs was most respectful. A shame that your willpower is not good enough to be capable of fighting back, Zoner.

Have a nice day, señor Holliday.

<Statics start to return, and a distant yelling is heard. It's possible to understand a few words, most noticeably 'Idiota' and 'Corsarios'.>

::Message terminated::

Proposal And Resignation - Petitioner - 09-15-2010

Incoming Transmission!
To: Doc Holliday
Subject: NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Herr Holliday, forgive my, but, NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN. I cannot express enough how foolish of an idea zis is of you to do! Du have always been a strong leader und an inspiration to people Sirius over to work for peace und understanding. Giving in to zese mounting pressures simply demonstrates zat... vell, zat will not work. I know zat perhaps the opinion of one man shall not sway you in zis course of action, however do believe me when I say zat many people see zis as, simply put, a very bad move, ja? I recently made very many cookies, und I have many extras. Within ze next day, expect a full one hundred chocolate chip cookies to be arriving at ze Med-Force One. Perhaps du can take some time to eat some delicious sweets und reconsider zis... decision, whose consequences shall be far-reaching und affect zose all over Sirius.
Please, herr Holliday, be strong in ze face of adversity. You have already dealt with much more zehn a normal man could, but giving up now simply makes all of your efforts in vain! Remember why you do vat you do in ze first place, mein herr! Now, I must bake many cookies. Auf Wiedersehen!

End Transmission!

Proposal And Resignation - BlueSpawn - 09-15-2010

Whilst going through old records dating back from the Earth That Was, Yevan Pushkin glanced over an article that he had read not less than once.

[Image: old-newspaper.jpg]

"There was something very peculiar about Doc. He was gentlemanly, a good dentist, a friendly man and yet, outside of us boys, I don't think he had a friend in the Territory. Tales were told that he had murdered men in different parts of the country; that he had robbed and committed all manner of crimes, and yet, when persons were asked how they knew it, they could only admit it was hearsay, and that nothing of the kind could really be traced to Doc's account. He was a slender, sickly fellow, but whenever a stage was robbed or a row started, and help was needed, Doc was one of the first to saddle his horse and report for duty.

--Earth, May 30th 1882
--The Arizona Daily Star Newspaper
"

"Ga damn," Yevan said to himself, "That old bastard never changed."
He sat at a desk which he rarely cleaned and clouds of dust lifted when he pried open one of the drawers. There lied a fat J12-90 Magnum Blaster. He took it into his hands and felt the smooth metal of the trigger.

"Hey old friend," Yevan murmered while cracking open a bottle of King Sparta's Rare and Finest, "looks like we're going to have ourselves a powwow."

Proposal And Resignation - Hektor - 09-15-2010

something for you

Mm? Scorpions don't program themselves very well quite yet, is it important?

yes

The incubus played an image of the transmission in Hektor's mind. Several minutes passed after it was finished.

This makes things more complicated.

yes

We may be able to repair the situation in time. Get the comm center linked into Freeport 1, I have an idea.

you always do...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incoming Transmission:
Destination: Med Force One, private message for John Holliday's eyes only
Encryption: Gratuitously High

The transmission begins; the face of a Rheinland man appears on screen. He looks to be in his forties, though there is a strange look about him. He speaks carefully, with a very solemn look on his face.

Greetings, Doctor Holliday. I believe we've spoken before, though certainly on considerably different circumstances...

The man pauses, and closes his eyes. A soft whispering sound becomes noticeable, and when he opens his eyes again they are ablaze with bluish-purple energy. After several seconds of this, the energy fades and he appears calm once more.

My name is Hektor Schneider. I once served the Rheinland Military, though those days are long done. I am not a part of something greater, acting through the vessel you know as "Das Wilde". For my part, I have seen and done many horrible things. I seek no forgiveness for my actions, regrettable as they are. Amongst my crimes are the murder of many Zoners, directly or by proxy, something you are certainly quite aware of. However, please believe me when I say that I have no hatred for you or your companions.

I speak to you now because of one thing you said... that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the betterment of others. This is something we share; though I sacrifice not my life but my piety. I have no doubts that when judgment comes, I will be damned as the monster I am. My only path from here is to make it all worth something, to give a better future to those who remain.

To this end, I have a request to make. For all I have done, for all I have done to those you hold dear, I have no right to ask anything of you, but this must be done if what horrors I have wrought are to accomplish more than just meaningless death. You speak of a threat to us all; you are more right than you know. Events are in motion that cannot possibly be averted. It is our duty as great men- and we are both great men, though you a better one than I- to ensure the survival of humanity as a whole. I do not expect you to believe me, given whom I work with and the course of my actions, and that is why I make this request.

I wish to talk to you; as one man concerned for the future to another. More than that...

Hektor pauses, and closes his eyes for a few seconds before continuing. The look on his face is uncharacteristically pleading.

I wish to ask for your help.

There is a short pause while Hektor composes himself once more, and resumes his normal, confident demeanor.

There is a man on Freeport 1 that stares toward the bar's view of the sun in the morning each day; the bartender should know to whom I refer. I am forwarding to you his private communicator information, though you may certainly talk to him in person or by proxy should you not trust long-range communication. One way or another, he will relay it to me.

Give me a place and a time and I shall be there, no questions asked. Tell me that you wish nothing to do with me, and we part ways, you to your fate and the world to its own; I will understand. But I will be here should you wish, you need merely ask.

Auf wiedersehen.

The transmission terminates. Within moments, your computer informs you that there were errors loading the transmission to the screen, leaving everything but the comm information packet corrupted.

it has been... some time... since you thought of a human as an equal

Good people are hard to find. I don't know if we'll be able to find anyone else before it's too late.

Proposal And Resignation - fencore - 09-15-2010

> Incoming Transmission

> CommID: Gheis Mace
> Origin: Planet Gran Canaria, Omega-49 System

> Message Begins
I shall forgo the customary pleasantries, since this is not a pleasant occasion and I'm sure your inbox has been flooded with messages.

Our paths have seldom crossed in space, but I have heard much of you and Med Force One. This once, I ask that you hear me.

Frankly, Doc, I've looked toward your example for guidance to what the Zoner way of life should entail. I had hoped others would as well, but it seems we have forgotten the faces of our fathers.

I implore you to hold off in giving yourself to the Corsair Empire; the burden of the Zoners is not yours to bear, and you are not responsible. I doubt that your surrender would stop all war from happening, and without your service, many more will die unjust deaths. There is no blood on your hands in a figurative sense, but you certainly can keep others from seeing the same fate as those wounded and killed on Freeport 1. Sacrifice is not the answer to this one, of that I am sure.

Instead, continue to set an example of what the life of a Zoner should be - you are not alone in this, for I too have begun to disagree with how things are. There was once a time when the Zoners were the last true explorers of the Sirian frontier and when we supplied a service to all unquestioned. I very much desire to return to these roots.

I am but a mere transport pilot in the employ of Omicron Supply Industries and I feel it my duty to help to continue to supply the Freeports so that the service we provide may continue to exist. We generally don't partake in Zoner politics and territorial disputes, and I think that is what makes us successful. The minute that the Zoners turned to look back to the Core was the moment that we became selfish. Help to guide us, instead, to turn around once again and look outside of ourselves and to the future.

It does not take a government to bring prosperity, but it does take one to make enemies. When we let go of what we claim to be ours, we can finally return to the true Zoner way. Our goal should not be the acquisition of territory and the staking of claims, but the greater good. Our largest ships are now used to secure our claimed lands when they should be seeking new ones to colonize and share.

My point, Doc, however meandering I have been, is that you provide a figure for us to look to. You can stand and work for what is right and good, or you can turn yourself to the Corsairs and be snuffed out. You may save a few now, but you could save many more later.

I understand that you wish to take the righteous path. Let those who wish to squabble for territory do so. Help take the rest of us to where we should be.

I appreciate your time, Doctor. The decision is yours, and I know you'll make the one you feel to be the best.

Yours,
Gheis Mace
Zoner Transport Captain
> Message Ends
> End Transmission

Proposal And Resignation - moebus - 09-15-2010

Damned, I can't believe it!
The pressure should have been too intense.
Or maybe his peaceful religion is asking him such sacrifice...
Let send him something:

Greetings Doc Holliday,
Even if I don't really believe it, I hope you will be back in good health soon from you trip to Corsair Nation...
Dankien Moebus

Proposal And Resignation - Thexare - 09-15-2010

Communication link received...
Sender: Lloyd Black
To: Doctor Holiday
Subject: Surrender
Opening link...

I will personally shoot you if you surrender to those bastards.

Black out.

Link terminated. Closing...

Proposal And Resignation - Saronsen - 09-15-2010

>Incoming Transmission<
>Source: Saronsen Nighten<
>Playing<

"You know Doc, you could've just asked old Saronsen to give the Zoners some help. I don't hop around from an expensive Jinkusu to other smaller craft because I don't have resources." He rubs his chin, frowning a bit. "Perhaps I could have funded you, if you had chosen to start a war. Maybe we could've starved the Corsairs into submission."

He brushes his hair out his eyes. "You find allies where you least expect it, and I could have been a powerful one." He shrugs, and waves. "Kill a Corsair on your way out, Doc. No one loves 'em anyway."