Discovery Gaming Community
Bounties against players/groups - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bounties against players/groups (/showthread.php?tid=46987)

Bounties against players/groups - Fletcher - 09-16-2010

Simple question, with a lot of stick being poked around players and groups and what I hear at times, focused purely in certain direction it seems people are finding many ways to annoy a select number of people in the game.

Do you think that bounties are aiding or depreciating RP?

I've posted bounties before against pirates who were callous enough to try and pirate me, and swearing in-game nothing major I think.

Are bounties helping the atmosphere?

I know, hunters need money, I'm sorry for Q_Q'ing you courageous little fellows.

Bounties against players/groups - Recovery - 09-16-2010

Make us a poll. Also, my opinion is that they can be helpful sometimes, and are helpful if posted on small groups. However, on large factions such as house militaries, I disapprove.

Bounties against players/groups - Fletcher - 09-16-2010

My mind isn't stable and 'clever' enough for a good poll tonight, just got back from a long stint of drinking.

In small groups as you said Recovery, are helpful, I tried to discourage swearing via bounties rather than sanctions, win win for all, save my bank account.

Blanket bounties I'm rather... not favourable to them. They're just flags saying, kill him for monies. May as well not have them and mark them as red forever.

Bounties against players/groups - hypermauler - 09-16-2010

First thing first let's explain the basic element of a Bounty: its about a generally small group tracking another group or a single person for a client , so there is to be casualties on any side).

Bounty, and the deeds related to this game play style requires from both sides some kind of ''extra effort'' to fully grab the RP behind it. There sure is some interaction in-game, often a message from the client. The Client offers contract by a Rp method on the bounty board where the client also hires applying hunters.
He is in charge with the hunters and the status of the bounty and further requests. His goal is to accomplish his RP needs with non-liked parties without the unwanted diplomatic side effect.

The bounty hunters are warriors doing harsh duty mainly in seek of any kind of gain over the benefit of his client. They find their client and target. They track and are the link between the client and the target. They are the most important element in-game.

The target, often a victim. Is the one interacting with the hunters. They have to understand the situation , why they are been tracked, by who...

That is a summary of what I consider a general in-Rp bounty.

Now you also have the almost pure PVP version. With the recent rules on the bounty board. The hunter apply and get the permission to hunt, so there a required minimum. But then what happens is a poor combat show where the client and target are often not strongly involved RP-wise resulting in simple cash for kill. In this case the bounty hunter is almost the only one winning something. Since credit isn't everything, I do consider it RP poor.